Lewis Baker

Stats

11 hours ago, the wes said:

Baker has scored 6 goals in 11 apps in the Dutch league Baker turning into lampard off the Dutch league with his beautiful goals and his penalty taking 

Any stats on his assists m8 ? I'm sure he has afew of those also, him, Tammy ,Christensein seem to be winning this loan army race.

On 29/10/2016 at 9:06 AM, mccg said:

Any stats on his assists m8 ? I'm sure he has afew of those also, him, Tammy ,Christensein seem to be winning this loan army race.

transfermarkt says 2 assists

http://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-baker/leistungsdaten/spieler/198589

• 2 weeks later...

The lads playing great and I would love to see him get a chance with the 1st team but its all a ballance isn't it? We have alot of gifted lads and 1st team players but just when does the time come to play them? We are giving a couple of acadamy players gradual time now and its hard to do that.

I know I'd rather have him in the 1st team than RLC anyway.

Hes scored 7 goals this season so far from 14 apps.

A great Rabona crossbar chalenge.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

The lads playing great and I would love to see him get a chance with the 1st team

I don't see him getting a chance here because he is a playmaker which we don't need. Oscar and Fábregas are out of favour, I doubt Baker could make it in 3-4-3.

35 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't see him getting a chance here because he is a playmaker which we don't need. Oscar and Fábregas are out of favour, I doubt Baker could make it in 3-4-3.

He is young and can learn and has the skills to pay the bills

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

The lads playing great and I would love to see him get a chance with the 1st team but its all a ballance isn't it? We have alot of gifted lads and 1st team players but just when does the time come to play them? We are giving a couple of acadamy players gradual time now and its hard to do that.

I know I'd rather have him in the 1st team than RLC anyway.

Hes scored 7 goals this season so far from 14 apps.

A great Rabona crossbar chalenge.

Yeah me too, hopefully we will be in champsleague nxt season and have Baker and co in league/fa cup etc team and see how he progresses,hope he continues to learn and end up a box to box complete midfielder.

3 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah me too, hopefully we will be in champsleague nxt season and have Baker and co in league/fa cup etc team and see how he progresses,hope he continues to learn and end up a box to box complete midfielder.

With the youth now switched to 3-4-3 too that makes the transition easier and they also give us that massive benifit of homegrown players.

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

He said: "We're very fortunate to have him playing for us. He excited me every time I see him play.

"What people don't realise is he's one of the hardest working players I've ever worked with.

"He works so hard to make the best of his ability. He's got the ability and work ethic to reach the best of his ability."

He is more box-to-box midfielder from what I've seen :)

6 hours ago, mccg said:

He is young and can learn and has the skills to pay the bills

Pay the bills? What does it mean? Sorry i really don't know. Yeah, he is young and he can improve, but I don't think he can be a winger, he just doesn't move like that.

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

He is more box-to-box midfielder from what I've seen :)

Yes, he is somwhere between no10 and b2b,  but he is definetly not like Matic, Kanté or Chalobah. In this system the three central backs, the wingbacks and the central midfielders must do all the defensive work while the two wingers and the striker can play free and be creative. Kanté and Matic can sometimes help our attacks, but they are key players because their defensive work. Baker is young but I'm pretty sure that he will never become a better defensive player than those two.  Under Mourinho, Fábregas played in a pretty defensive role, but Conte doesn't count on him at all because he can't name him in the starting eleven in the middle of the midfield. Fábregas have a couple of hundred matches behind him at the very top level, still Conte doesn't think his defensive skills are good enough for this system, so it seems to be unlikely that Baker would ever play next to Matic or N'Goló.

You have to love this kid ... he is a real deal now. It will be hard to overlook him for next season, he needs to be with the first team. He could be worldclass box to box midfielder but needs to work on his tackling. Described as a very hard working player by his former coach I think Lewis can upgrade his defensive side of the game and become legend at Stamford Bridge :wub: