Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Last year it was same with RLC and Bertrand Traore. Its preseason and considering how this club runs, both baker and boga will be in same situation after this season. Playing in reserves or loaned.

Seems like the board goes by: youth players are too young until they are too old.

If we actualy get a youth player in first team and moreso in first eleven, I will celebrate that whole week.

I know the situation is different with us and Liverpool as we have a lot more money and therefore the younger ones find it difficult to come in at the expense of the players bough whereas at Liverpool they have money but there expectations are not as high but it will be a shame to see the likes of Sterling come through their academy and thrive and be one of their most important players while the likes of Boga who has come through our academy, leave due to a lack of opportunities.

Boga is 17. Sterling broke through the Liverpool first team at 17 years of age and look where he is now. I was just looking at the chelsea youth twitter page which is brilliant and saw one of the statements being made is that it could be argued that Boga is better at 17 than Sterling was at the same age. It is a big statement but one I agree with as well. I have been following Sterling from his QPR days and because he lived very local to me and when he eventually moved to Liverpool I followed him more. He was far too good for the reserves and U18 and deserved his first team call but then Sterling relied on his pace and trickery. Boga is not as fast but his acceleration with the ball is excellent and while he thrives in the no.10 role he is also good out wide. Boga can dribble, got an eye for a pass, has tons of flair and scores some fantastic goals. Sterling is a much better all round better player now but Boga can be as good if not better but I just would hate to see him make a mark at another club because I reckon if he was given the opportunity he would thrive because I have no doubt that if Boga was at other PL teams his potential and current ability itself would be too good to ignore and he probably would be integrated into their first team already.

Such a good feeling when you see young ones who excite but it is even better if you see them make the breakthrough. IMO, the only thing that will stop Boga making it here is the club. He is good enough and will get better but the question is when he reaches an age where a first team call up is warranted will he be given it? I hope so because he is a genuine talent. He has everything and if the likes of Sterling can come through at Liverpool, there is no reason we can't do the same with Boga but I hope he keeps impressing Mourinho and hopefully he is one who makes it here.

The greatest thing is we all know how good he is but to non-Chelsea fans he is an unknown player and if he is given chances, teams/fans won't even know what has hit them.

His already better than some of the first team players we have ie Salah whilst some attributes of his game like set pieces are way ahead of first team players like Willian, Hazard and Oscar. Dribbling can only be matched by Hazard so if I was the club I would integrate him into the first team already because there is nothing really stopping them from doin it

Hmm, I think Boga has more potential but that's not to say Baker doesn't show huge promise. TBH I'll be disappointed if both don't go on to be good players at the least.

Baker is the next Lampard, Boga is the next Messi, can't decide which one is better :D

His technique is immense. Crazy for a 17yr old. It's pple with technical quality like this we should be playing in our attack starting lineup, if the whole team is having a bad match, their techniques can provide one moment of brilliance. I really want him and traore to make it here.

If there is any hope for our youth system they have to.

What's most impressive about that goal is that he picked the ball up in his own half and just went, and it's something he's done at youth level as well. He takes responsibility and isn't afraid to take chances.

That goal just showcases everything he has in his locker. The skill to beat a man, the acceleration to go past one, the agility to stay on his feet, the strength to go shoulder to shoulder with a defender and still find an excellent finish at the end of it. Even when the ball is lost he still makes the run forward in case it does break for him. He's as complete a 17 as you will likely ever see.

I don't know if he's better than Sterling was....technically he definitely is but he's not as fast. But he's far stronger. What they both have is that youthful arrogance to just go at players. He's been better than most people he's played against for most of his life, but he needs to face stronger opposition and get knocked back because that's when you know if you've got a PROPER player on your hands. To Sterling's credit, he stepped up.

Maybe a better comparison is Barkley who also has that very direct mindset that a few of our players could do with. How often do we bemoan Hazard's somewhat lackadaisical style when we know he can just run at a marker for 90 minutes?

One thing I really like about him compared to our current number 10 is that there's no hesitancy in his game. Oscar can look tentative and almost delicate with the ball, whereas Boga (so far because he's still untested) always looks 100 percent in control of the ball and his body. I think he'll stick around next season, be a big player in the under-21s and possibly also the Youth Cup team and be included in the first team a fair bit.

I would not be surprised in the least if he never saw a loan spell longer than 6 months.

People actually think he'll make it here?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Salah, Ramires, Willian, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Thorgan etc would all play before he ever does lol.

He'll be loaned out into oblivion and be entirely forgotten for the next big thing in 2/3 seasons.

People actually think he'll make it here?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Salah, Ramires, Willian, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Thorgan etc would all play before he ever does lol.

He'll be loaned out into oblivion and be entirely forgotten for the next big thing in 2/3 seasons.

Pessimism is cool. Fuck the world. B)

I know you like to moan about things, and it's very easy just to shit on things and pretend it's an informed opinion but most people move beyond that in their early-20s.

This kid is a special talent. If you can't take enjoyment in that then fuck knows what you follow football for. Seriously. I don't understand your mindset, but every pub needs someone like you to prop up one end of the bar for seemingly days on end.

Pessimism is cool. Fuck the world. B)

I know you like to moan about things, and it's very easy just to shit on things and pretend it's an informed opinion but most people move beyond that in their early-20s.

This kid is a special talent. If you can't take enjoyment in that then fuck knows what you follow football for. Seriously. I don't understand your mindset, but every pub needs someone like you to prop up one end of the bar for seemingly days on end.

I used to be invested and interested in youth until i faced the harsh reality of our academy products a couple of years ago.

No doubt I love a good moan but this is a situation where you can't fault me for being pessimistic. Kakuta and McEachran were both regarded as "special talents" as well, look what happened to them.

There's just too many obstacles in Boga's way. There's no chance he'll make it here imo.

I know the situation is different with us and Liverpool as we have a lot more money and therefore the younger ones find it difficult to come in at the expense of the players bough whereas at Liverpool they have money but there expectations are not as high but it will be a shame to see the likes of Sterling come through their academy and thrive and be one of their most important players while the likes of Boga who has come through our academy, leave due to a lack of opportunities.

Boga is 17. Sterling broke through the Liverpool first team at 17 years of age and look where he is now. I was just looking at the chelsea youth twitter page which is brilliant and saw one of the statements being made is that it could be argued that Boga is better at 17 than Sterling was at the same age. It is a big statement but one I agree with as well. I have been following Sterling from his QPR days and because he lived very local to me and when he eventually moved to Liverpool I followed him more. He was far too good for the reserves and U18 and deserved his first team call but then Sterling relied on his pace and trickery. Boga is not as fast but his acceleration with the ball is excellent and while he thrives in the no.10 role he is also good out wide. Boga can dribble, got an eye for a pass, has tons of flair and scores some fantastic goals. Sterling is a much better all round better player now but Boga can be as good if not better but I just would hate to see him make a mark at another club because I reckon if he was given the opportunity he would thrive because I have no doubt that if Boga was at other PL teams his potential and current ability itself would be too good to ignore and he probably would be integrated into their first team already.

Such a good feeling when you see young ones who excite but it is even better if you see them make the breakthrough. IMO, the only thing that will stop Boga making it here is the club. He is good enough and will get better but the question is when he reaches an age where a first team call up is warranted will he be given it? I hope so because he is a genuine talent. He has everything and if the likes of Sterling can come through at Liverpool, there is no reason we can't do the same with Boga but I hope he keeps impressing Mourinho and hopefully he is one who makes it here.

The greatest thing is we all know how good he is but to non-Chelsea fans he is an unknown player and if he is given chances, teams/fans won't even know what has hit them.

Very tough comparison. When Sterling got his chance, Liverpool were midtable with little hope for much else. Its very hard to make that comparison with Boga mainly because we're competing to win the Champions League and also the Prem. Even if I agree with you, and I do, that Boga shouldn't be playing u-21s where in our midfield does he get a chance?

Hazard

Schurrle

Willian

Oscar

Fab

All seem to be locks in those positions the only chance he would probably get is by beating out Salah who I doubt would get a lot of looks anyway. And by contrast Sterling was competing with the likes of

Coutinho

Enrique

Downing

Assaidi

Suso

Piazon probably walks right into that team!

I would love him to get an aggressive loan not to a bottom feeder, but to a squad that needs cover and competes. He doesn't have to start but 15-20 appearances in a squad like Marseille would do him a world of good.

I used to be invested and interested in youth until i faced the harsh reality of our academy products a couple of years ago.

No doubt I love a good moan but this is a situation where you can't fault me for being pessimistic. Kakuta and McEachran were both regarded as "special talents" as well, look what happened to them.

There's just too many obstacles in Boga's way. There's no chance he'll make it here imo.

from 2009 till now how many managers have CFC had? I think you guys need to pay attention to what's happening off the field a bit more. Without stability there will be no promotion from within.

Courtois was a special talent too. But I guess the loan system did nothing for him did it?.....

Trust in the club, trust in Jose. If we have managerial stability, we'll have youth talents coming through rather than being farmed out on loan all the time.

from 2009 till now how many managers have CFC had? I think you guys need to pay attention to what's happening off the field a bit more. Without stability there will be no promotion from within.

which should be reason enough for us to review some of our loans lately. It's bad for a player to go to a different team, manager, league every 6 or 12 months. It disrupts their development imo.

Courtois should set the example that stability is absolutely relevant and maybe even mandatory for a player's proper development.

I don't like our policy of loaning those young players to different clubs and let alone leagues every year.

Look at Piazon, he played a bit for us, then Spanish league, then Dutch and now he's going to German league. Those four leagues differ a lot in style and he's been used at least in three different ways (positions) in two and a half years.

How can we expect him to develop properly if he's been thrown around with different philosophies, ideas, demands every new season? The same applicable to Nathaniel, that has wasted a year at Forest after a successful loan at Watford. Why not keep the kid there or bring him back for good?

That's the only mistake I see us doing lately with the loans, especially the kids with more potential and talent.

Spot on. Integrating youth takes time and that's something we don't afford many coaches. Jose is now entering his second year with these players so he knows them fairly well. Now he can start to take a few chances throwing one or two into the settled side.

Comparing Boga to Piazon is a bit unfair because Piazon isn't very good, he's never been that good and he'll never make it here....because he's just got nothing special about him. Exceptional talents are rare and Boga is one of them.

which should be reason enough for us to review some of our loans lately. It's bad for a player to go to a different team, manager, league every 6 or 12 months. It disrupts their development imo.

Courtois should set the example that stability is absolutely relevant and maybe even mandatory for a player's proper development.

I don't like our policy of loaning those young players to different clubs and let alone leagues every year.

Look at Piazon, he played a bit for us, then Spanish league, then Dutch and now he's going to German league. Those four leagues differ a lot in style and he's been used at least in three different ways (positions) in two and a half years.

How can we expect him to develop properly if he's been thrown around with different philosophies, ideas, demands every new season? The same applicable to Nathaniel, that has wasted a year at Forest after a successful loan at Watford. Why not keep the kid there or bring him back for good?

That's the only mistake I see us doing lately with the loans, especially the kids with more potential and talent.

Spot on!

Spot on. Integrating youth takes time and that's something we don't afford many coaches. Jose is now entering his second year with these players so he knows them fairly well. Now he can start to take a few chances throwing one or two into the settled side.

Comparing Boga to Piazon is a bit unfair because Piazon isn't very good, he's never been that good and he'll never make it here....because he's just got nothing special about him. Exceptional talents are rare and Boga is one of them.

I'm not comparing the talents, but how it's handled.

Boga definitely seems something special - whereas I agree Lucas is nothing out of ordinary - but I think lack of stability detracts their development no matter how good, ordinary or special they are. They're kids in formation, how can they be properly formed if different people, with different philosophies are telling them different things each step of the way they take? Many times one manager or league will demand them to unlearn or forget what they just learned in the previous spell because of styles. After you're a mature player, it adds to your repertoire and you can be more versatile. As a kid in formation it can be confusing and the lack of continuity may even lead to being a guy that doesn't do anything particularly well as he tried a bit of everything, but didn't have a chance to really go deeper in anything.