Time to show an enemy Respect

zolayes

Never liked him, never liked Gary Neville but that doesnt mean I won't respect them.

I never liked Gary neville til our champions league campaign, and now I like the bloke.

It's just fan mentality. (me included on occasions) He plays for someone else... So he is a cunt. If he played for us he wouldn't be. I cant say I really hate any footballer... Except maybe the Ferdinands... I dislike many but not hate. Carragher is a great professional and deserves respect and i cant stay I like him or dislike him but he is definitely a dying breed, and one who stays at his club for his whole career.

But he is nowhere near the legend status as big JT

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Terry has been targeted by the media doesn't mean Jamie is an innocent sweet little kid. Public personal issues aside, there is no big difference between them. I don't hate Carragher, I just don't care enough about him to show him some "respect".

Aye i agree, i don't even get the point in this thread, fair enough if Ronaldinho was going to retire or someone with such a legandary status, but this is Jamie Carragher.

Why would you leave Liverpool anyway? It's not like any other club was going to have him, he was very average, not to mention you can't leave Liverpool without the clubs fans threatening to burn your house down and murder your family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146013/Didier-Drogba-The-Chelsea-striker-unplayable.html#axzz2K2tPNyVy

"'As a defender, if a player scores against me, I usually think there is something I could have done,' said Carragher. 'Even if it's Robin van Persie or Wayne Rooney, I'll identify a position I could have taken up, I'll think I could have got tighter or dropped off, I'll identify the flaw that let them in.

The only different ones are Drogba and Henry. You replay a goal and, sometimes, there was nothing that could be done. If Chelsea get the ball on to Drogba's chest on the edge of the box and he can bring it down and turn, well, that's it. You can't get round him without fouling him, it's too late to get in front of him, you just have to hope he misses the shot. The same if he leaves you behind to go one on one with the goalkeeper.'"

I respect Carragher, but especially after he said that. I believe he was talking about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146013/Didier-Drogba-The-Chelsea-striker-unplayable.html#axzz2K2tPNyVy

I respect Carragher, but especially after he said that. I believe he was talking about this:

Exactly. If Carragher has the humility to recognise & pay tribute to a legend of ours like Drogba & essentially call him an unplayable god, then he deserves the same respect & treatment from me considering what he has done for the game himself. If you appreciate the footballing passion & commitment that he has displayed down the years - it really should be second nature.

That's a great article by the way, haven't seen it before. & that's definitely the goal he was talking about:

I watch the athletics sometimes, and the commentator will be talking about a guy running a good tactical race, and I don't understand that. If the other guy is faster he's going to win, tactics won't come into it. And that is what happens against Drogba sometimes.

'You can make all the best plans, but then he'll do something to which you have no answer at all. And you'll never have an answer. He's just bigger, or faster, or harder to manoeuvre. And that is the way it will always be.

'Early in the season, 2006, we were playing them at Stamford Bridge and it was a really tight game, as usual. We'd got into their heads a bit under Jose Mourinho with the Champions League the year before and we'd already beaten them in the Community Shield that season.

'So very few chances either way, it's just before half-time, it's all going well. And Michael Essien plays this long ball in to Drogba on the edge of the penalty area. He pops it up with his chest, turns and hits this left-foot half-volley that's in the net before Pepe Reina's even seen it. And I watched it again, and I could watch it a hundred times more and I know Alan Hansen says every goal is somebody's mistake, but I'll tell you what I could have done to stop it: nothing.

I was lucky enough to be there that day to witness it first hand.

Being less than 30 yards away & watching it all unfold as if in slow motion, it was a truly special moment that immortalised him forever in my eyes as the greatest & will definitely go down as one of Drogba's finest in Blue. Could literally watch it all day; but then again, I could do that with so many of the goals he's scored.

Really do miss seeing the big man walking out at the Bridge :cry:

In his prime, perhaps one of the most classy defenders England ever produced. Like has been said before, he was technically the best, but his work rate more than made up for it. He was the idea British football's defender. He and John Terry would've made a fabulous pairing for England if they had their primes at the same time!

The most amazing thing about this goal is how easy he made it look. If I didn't know anything about football and saw this, I would think such goals are standard and scored in every match. The time when Dids was unplayable... Gotta give some respect to Carragher for acknowledging that.