Time to show an enemy Respect

zolayes

Jamie Carragher to retire at end of season . We may have hated him because of the team he plays for . But there are few who can match the service he has given his club .

Even his retirement seems to be getting done in a dignified manner ,, A TRULY great clubman and professional.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie Carragher to retire at end of season . We may have hated him because of the team he plays for . But there are few who can match the service he has given his club .

Even his retirement seems to be getting done in a dignified manner ,, A TRULY great clubman and professional.

Yup - could never fault his work-rate, passion and commitment - not the most technically gifted player, but the former points make up for that...

That's why we miss players like Luiz, big heart, plays with everything... Need to bottle that spirit and spread it around our current team...

Great Player, Great Proffesional.

Also based on the title. Players like Carragher rn't the enemy. They are the reason to promote sport. It's cheats and unsportsman corrupt idiots who are the enemies. We should be enemies with those who wreck the sport.

Yup - could never fault his work-rate, passion and commitment - not the most technically gifted player, but the former points make up for that...

That's why we miss players like Luiz, big heart, plays with everything... Need to bottle that spirit and spread it around our current team...

Agree with Muzchap isn't it just incredible how much u can achieve through pure commitment and giving your full heart to the game and hasn't doing the opposite wasted so much talent.

Can you imagine liverpool fans showing respect to Terry before he retires? No.

Fuck off Carragher, good riddance.

You will be surprised - some of the vocal 'idiots' won't - but the vast majority of people will... It showed last night @ Wembley, without him - we're shaky...

Carragher has been a great Pro - rivalry aside - you have to respect that as a 'human being'....

So I applaud him and agree with @zolayes - but perhaps the 'you dont have class' bit - as I'm sure you're speaking emotionally, rather than logically on this ;)

Great Player, Great Proffesional.

Also based on the title. Players like Carragher rn't the enemy. They are the reason to promote sport. It's cheats and unsportsman corrupt idiots who are the enemies. We should be enemies with those who wreck the sport.

Agree with Muzchap isn't it just incredible how much u can achieve through pure commitment and giving your full heart to the game and hasn't doing the opposite wasted so much talent.

Yup - look at the great talents that have wasted it... I mean so many people would give so much to be in their shoes... I had a friend who went to US on Tennis scholarship - and he won everything and used to beat Tim Henman regularly in Semi-Pro... Went to USA - got addicted to coke and is now an Estate Agent... (no offence Estate Agents) but he could have been British No.1....

perhaps we should show that as fans WE have class ...but perhaps you don't

Sorry but you are the last person on this forum to talk about class. Well maybe not the last, but definitely not someone to preach about it.

a post unworthy of you .

That's all the praise he is getting from me. IN case you were wondering I meant 'Scouse On' as a term of endearment. Obviously you thought I was taking the piss.

I've no strong feelings towards this fellow either way. Just another footballer to me.

will ignore that insult

I swear I dont want a fight out of this, I have had enough with Neymar....

It was not an insult man, he is just saying you showed no class in other topics, so asking for it in here is a bit hipocritical.

It is like me creating a thread like this. Have I shown an exemplar behavior on TC to criticize someone who doesnt?