Fernando Torres

Depends on what you read/from where.

Personally, I don't think we will. Window closes on Monday 23:00GMT. We've left it too late imo. But there IS hope. If both clubs move quickly, however we won't know the outcome till deadline day really.

The most likely scenario is that nobody comes. It's better for my to remind myself of that before I get dissapointed.

Yes that's true, but like Henrique said.. At least we've tried. And that shows positive signs for June :)

Utd haven't bought a superstar in years and they have won 3 leagues titles in the least 4 seasons, a Champions League and look likely to win their 4th league title.

We have more 'stars' than them but their squad is so much better than ours we can't even compete.

This isn't a statement of intent it is just a clueless board panicking and bidding crazy money for an injured tart who wants to leave a sinking ship.

Utd haven't bought a superstar in years and they have won 3 leagues titles in the least 4 seasons, a Champions League and look likely to win their 4th league title.

We have more 'stars' than them but their squad is so much better than ours we can't even compete.

This isn't a statement of intent it is just a clueless board panicking and bidding crazy money for an injured tart who wants to leave a sinking ship.

That's because United's players have got 2 things on their side.. An injury free campaign and tremendous luck. We're responsible for our own demise with the players, it's clear they weren't strong enough in November, without Lampard, Terry, Essien and Drogba. Now we're starting to function (albeit slowly) but at least we know the problem does lie with the personnel. I agree going after Torres maybe a sign of desperation but it does show we are looking to add more quality to our squad.

That's because United's players have got 2 things on their side.. An injury free campaign and tremendous luck. We're responsible for our own demise with the players, it's clear they weren't strong enough in November, without Lampard, Terry, Essien and Drogba. Now we're starting to function (albeit slowly) but at least we know the problem does lie with the personnel. I agree going after Torres maybe a sign of desperation but it does show we are looking to add more quality to our squad.

And it's injury free for a reason, they can chop and change because they have about 10 more players than us!

We keep playing the same team every time and only change because of injury because the drop off in quality between the first team and the bench (bar on or two players) is HUGE.

What we don't need is another superstar we need 3-4 good squad players.

They are looking to add more quality but as usual they are inept and don't have a clue what they're doing. Forget Torres, Abramovich should make a bid for the Man Utd board because they're football people that know how to run a club.

And it's injury free for a reason, they can chop and change because they have about 10 more players than us!

We keep playing the same team every time and only change because of injury because the drop off in quality between the first team and the bench (bar on or two players) is HUGE.

They are looking to add more quality but as usual they are inept and don't have a clue what they're doing. Abramovic should make a bid for the Man Utd board because they're football people that know how to run a club.

Sometimes mate you steal words from my mouth clap.gif

I agree with you on that. But The intention for that is still there, the example I'll use isn't the best in the world but, us going after Pienaar demonstrated how the board understands the mistakes they've made. They're now dedicated to adding more players and depth. Luiz, Torres and Pienaar bids all show we're looking to strengthen our squad in areas we feel we're weak.

The United board didn't not get to where they are now without making mistakes. Our board has made a lot of mistakes this season, now we must trust they will learn from these mistakes and make the necessary changes in the summer.

Edited by LDN Blue

It's funny hearing people say we don't need another superstar. And instead should have signed an average player like Pienaar, so we can be a mid-table club with Kalou top goal scorer. :rolleyes:

in 2 months time Drogba is 33 years old.

- 1 superstar

+ 1 (26 year old) superstar = 1 Superstar.