Fernando Torres

He really did need a break. He looked sharper today since Stoke, just needs that little confidence boost. Hopefully the assists will be the final paragraph needed in the article to help him publish the goods!

thought he was class today ,,,even without scoring

torres certainly doesnt deserve criticism after that performance but hes hardly answered his critics. Step in right direction thouh. Whod play him against man utd? I think i would but am 50/50

I wouldn't if Drogba was fit.

But he won't be, so I'd like to see the same front 3.

Mata and Sturridge could be a deadly combination for Man Ure's full-backs, and i think we should play Raul and Ramires no matter what! David Luiz has to play because we need some speed to help break down any of the attacks that might start in the centre.

Just needs his shooting boots and he'll be good to go. People have to remember even at his peak with Liverpool, he would flit in and out of games. It was tolerated because his good moments were so so good. That's the type of player he is and it's not going to change at 27. I hope AVB keeps faith in him and plays Torres into form.

I wonder if that backheel would have been good if Meireles hadn't been there. So good of Luiz and Mata to credit Torres that way. They must be as sick of the media crap as we are.

Same old story for me i'm afraid, set up two goals...yes. great. Should have scored a trick? yes - easily. Again none on our forwards playing in the central role can notch. Goals coming from everywhere but the centre forward position. Woeful finishing from Torres, also held play up and had rubbish first touches. Not a starter for me personally and still think we are better off without him. All we need is a striker that scores and we will be fine. We haven't got that so thats why i think Manure will have a major advantage come sunday, they can't stop scoring. Torres must hate Luiz!

Same old story for me i'm afraid, set up two goals...yes. great. Should have scored a trick? yes - easily. Again none on our forwards playing in the central role can notch. Goals coming from everywhere but the centre forward position. Woeful finishing from Torres, also held play up and had rubbish first touches. Not a starter for me personally and still think we are better off without him. All we need is a striker that scores and we will be fine. We haven't got that so thats why i think Manure will have a major advantage come sunday, they can't stop scoring. Torres must hate Luiz!

Actually he doesn't. Don't project your pettiness onto others.

Torres assisted both goals in a game where Chelsea won 2-0. If you can't give him credit for a nanosecond, that's your loss.

The last assist was good but a Striker with confidence would have buried it himself. Shows Torres is lacking confidence and hence he decided to lay it to Mata. Hopefully this game does him good. He needs a run of games like these and he should be good.

Keep in mind. the team and players are all peaking. If Torres can find his form by December and Sturridge Mata Torrs Partnership clicking upfront by December-Jan, We can win it.