test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,203 posts in this topic

Looks like Torres and Mata will figure in the Spain's squad for the Euros. In Friday they'll join the rest of the team, before the friendlies with Serbia, South Korea and China.

Not sure yet. Barca and Athletic players to be added after the Copa del Rey final, although I suspect Llorente and Villa will be included.

Sheva. likes this

Who was left out for Torres?

The final list will be announced after the Spanish cup final. So we'll see. Maybe Villa? That'll be a surprise...

Sheva. likes this

Capri having a crack at me mate? Nevertheless no probs

Capri having a crack at me r u? Mate I just hate crap written or misconstrued but I guess we all know that history can be rewritten to serve the victors

No I'm not... I was recognising that I made a mistake in that I judged Torres too early without knowing the whole story.

I hope Torres to have a really nice euro and come back next season as our truly number 1 striker and be supported as such.Drogba should leave for fuk sake!He should leave not for Fernando Torres but for his good and the good of CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

I dont think so. He just came and said what he is feelling. RDM made a mistake when Kalou started over him, and made a mistake when he was not selected to take a penalty (Mata wasnt fit for it, it was clear he would lost).

Torres had a difficult season, and after he said "And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up." I think is not fair to say "fuck off".

He is 100% right. He must know whats next for him at Chelsea. I think if the club sees him as just another good striker in the squad, then its better for him and for the club to leave. He already won an UCL with us, after all, and played a huge part on it.

I don't mind the content of his statements one bit, in fact I'm pleased he's finally grown a pair and show some of the belligerence required from a front man. What I'm seriously peeved about is the timing of his words, to come out with this stuff a few hours after the biggest night in the club's history is not only ill-advised, it takes away much of the focus from what ought to be a celebration of this club's spirit towards and instead veers it towards an individual's personal happiness. It is arrogant and selfish of him to detract from the club's achievements at this historically momentous juncture. The ode to the fans might be little more than a 'saving face' gesture, designed to keep them on his side.

manpe, LDN Blue and Term-X like this

The squad:

Goalkeepers:

Iker Casillas - Real Madrid

Pepe Reina - Liverpool

David De Gea - Manchester United

Defenders:

Raul Albiol - Real Madrid

Jordi Alba - Valencia

Alvaro Arbeloa - Real Madrid

Alvaro Domínguez - Atletico Madrid

Nacho Monreal - Malaga

Sergio Ramos - Real Madrid

Juanfran Torres - Atletico Madrid

Midfielders:

Isco Alarcon - Malaga

Xabi Alonso - Real Madrid

Santi Cazorla - Malaga

Juan Mata - Chelsea

Benat - Betis

Javi García - Benfica

Bruno Soriano - Villarreal

David Silva - Manchester City

Jesus Navas - Sevilla

Attackers

Adrian Lopez - Atletico Madrid

Alvaro Negredo - Sevilla

Fernando Torres - Chelsea

Roberto Soldado - Valencia

edit: just saw that, lol

After the Copa del Rey final, I'd expect Valdes to replace De Gea (undeservedly), and most of Barca's midfield to displace that lot. Llorente and Villa up front too.

Anyway:

tumblr_m4be4vQ3xR1r2z7nro3_r1_250.gif

Balague on Twitter just now: "One note about Torrres:He might not be comfortable with his situation at the club.But that DOESN’T mean he wants to leave. He doesn’t at all"

Does seem to be more of a reasurrance sorta thing...if Drogs leaves no doubt wants to know will he be a main striker or pushed back down the bench etc..Penatly moan...pointless.We won!Didnt take one..no doubt in line if we needed him to...didnt come to that..move on

The timing of the interview was awful no two ways around it. That said Guillem, what a troll, is going to try to interview Torres as soon as possible after the match. Guillen knows Torres generates huge interest in Spain, in England (with those who love and hate him), and having a Torres interview is a goldmine for him. Guillem is going to "tease" the interview on twitter like he always does and then post as soon as possible. He doesn't care when the timing is. Guillem is going to ask the questions and Torres, right or wrong, is pretty candid when he actually does interviews and responds to the questions. Torres was asked about not starting by Sky and Guillem. Guillem didn't ask him about the PKs but another reporter did. They asked and he answered.

Love the boy but like a poster said on twitter, timing and Torres don't mix just like two d**ks don't mix.

I hope Torres to have a really nice euro and come back next season as our truly number 1 striker and be supported as such.Drogba should leave for fuk sake!He should leave not for Fernando Torres but for his good and the good of CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

You can seriously bugger off with Torres ... Drogba will decide when to leave not fickle **** like you

Drogba is a Chelsea Legend - Won us the Champions League

Torres ain't fit to lace his boots - even when Drogba is 34 he is infinitely better than Torres

Guys like you just compound my dislike for Torres's treatment by some fans.

headhunter23 likes this

So Drogba won CL alone ? Hmm i didn't know that.In this Chelsea team yes "Torres ain't fit to lace his boots"but we'll talk again next year.And its not Drogba who decides when to leave and thank god for that."Guys like you just compound my dislike for Torres's treatment by some fans." Thats bullshi t just say u don't like Torres.