Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be surprised one bit if RDM plays a similar lineup like the one yesterday - Bertrand at LW & Ramires at RW - to counter Juventus's wingbacks.

it would be a cowardly move from RDM. It would mean he has no intention of beating teams by outplaying/outfootballing them (which, whether some like it or not, is what we are striving to do) but rather nullify the crap out of them, hope to get lucky on a break and bore everyone in the process.

RDM will again dust off the Bus, back it up and park it in front our goal no doubt. Mata and Hazard should almost definitely start which means we will have only one defensive winger (Thank God). So if we have to have one I hope its Bertrand.

This seems very, very likely ...

My suspiscions infer that Ivanovic and Terry have niggling injuries so they may just miss this game. Torres may just be dropped after his moody fit during his substitution. Juve are going to dominate the midfield from the 1st minute to the 90th and while Chelsea may have a 'superior' squad, Juve has one of the best man motivators in Europe [Conte] and not to mention some of the best chemistry in Europe (in my mind second only to Barça). This will be a very tough game for Chelsea and I fully believe Juve will win 3-1. The bianconeri have incredible belief in their abilities and in Conte's. They beleive in his leadership and philosophy 100% and that in itself is very dangerous. When the masses blindly believe in a cause and a leader, the revolution suceeds.

Chelsea

Sturridge

Bertrand - Hazard - Mata

Lamps - Mikel

Cole - Cahill - Luiz - Azpi

Cech

Juventus

Vucinic

Giovinco

Lichsteiner - Vidal - Marchisio - Isla

Pirlo

Chielini - Caceres - Barzagli

Buffon

My suspiscions infer that Ivanovic and Terry have niggling injuries so they may just miss this game. Torres may just be dropped after his moody fit during his substitution. Juve are going to dominate the midfield from the 1st minute to the 90th and while Chelsea may have a 'superior' squad, Juve has one of the best man motivators in Europe [Conte] and not to mention some of the best chemistry in Europe (in my mind second only to Barça). This will be a very tough game for Chelsea and I fully believe Juve will win 3-1. The bianconeri have incredible belief in their abilities and in Conte's. They beleive in his leadership and philosophy 100% and that in itself is very dangerous. When the masses blindly believe in a cause and a leader, the revolution suceeds.

Chelsea

Sturridge

Bertrand - Hazard - Moses

Lamps - Mikel

Cole - Cahill - Luiz - Azpi

Cech

Juventus

Vucinic

Giovinco

Lichsteiner - Vidal - Marchisio - Isla

Pirlo

Chielini - Caceres - Barzagli

Buffon

With the way RDM will probably set up the team and the way we're playing, a 3-1 loss is definitely possible. However why didn't you include Mata in your team? He has been rested up and is an important player. I think this may be a Draw myself. We could totally win it if we approached the game the right way but RDM will go into this match with his usual low ambitions and try to hold out for a Draw. It won't suprise me one bit to see Ramires and Bertrand on the wings in a Home game...A 1-1 is what I personally predict.

With the way RDM will probably set up the team and the way we're playing, a 3-1 loss is definitely possible. However why didn't you include Mata in your team? He has been rested up and is an important player. I think this may be a Draw myself. We could totally win it if we approached the game the right way but RDM will go into this match with his usual low ambitions and try to hold out for a Draw. It won't suprise me one bit to see Ramires and Bertrand on the wings in a Home game...A 1-1 is what I personally predict.

I forgot about Juan Mata.

They could also kill us with their five midfielders against our two.

I agree with you there, but I think we will defend whole game and let Juventus to play their game. We will again play on counters, that is our only chance to win game in my opinion.

If we can obtain 12 points from this group - ie. take 6 points from 6 against Nordsjaelland, 4 points from 6 against Shaktar and 2 from 6 against Juventus - we'll get through and probably top the group. That is a realistic expectation from this group as far as I'm concerned. It is easily one of the most competitive poolings in the Champions League this term.

Juventus are away at Genoa today. Match kicks off in about 20 minutes time and this is their lineup:

Adam Digby ‏@Adz77

RT @juventusfc Starting 11: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Caceres, Giaccherini, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie, Giovinco, Matri

No Asamoah. No Vidal. Not sure what the exact reason is. Maybe they have been rested. Will post the reason if I can get it.

Juventus are away at Genoa today. Match kicks off in about 20 minutes times and this is their lineup.

No Asamoah. No Vidal. Not sure what the exact reason is. Maybe they have been rested. Will post the reason if I can get it.

Hmmm, I might scout this game. It would be hilarious if they lost.