Oscar

themightyblue

I think most are going to get their wish, he will be sold in the summer to make way for Pogba. I have a suspension he will be sold to Juve plus cash for Pogba.

Mark my words if we sell him we will regret it.

I have not been wrong on any of the players we have sold. Lukaku i was always bearish on him, thought he had little upside compared to others. I never rated him since he first arrived always felt he was overrated based on his physical ability. I always believe young players can develop physically but much harder to develop on technical basis, always bet on the more technical player.

Thought KDB should been kept and i had posted that he would be worth 40m+ in a few years. Most here thought we were robbing Wolfsburg, Most here were content with getting 18m for KDB, a player that barely played but forgot how much potential he showed at every stop.

Schurrle- I though he got extremely overrated during the World Cup, then extremely underrated before he was sold. Good player, but never thought he would be a Chelsea regular because of multiple reasons. He will do well at Wolfsburg, but it was good we sold him.

Salah i thought he could mirror Cuadrado in production and value, my god he has blown my expectation out of the water. He is playing at a level Cuadrado has never reached at Fiorentina.

Then there is Sturridge, where i was called a fanboy for defending him. Still believe if he stays healthy he is one of the best in the league easily. His production and scoring record when healthy is as good as any player in the league.

no chance will we sell him, if we do sign Pogba we will sell Van Ginkel, Romeu and Mikel, as well as Salah and Moses.

I wouldn't adverse to selling Oscar and getting in a creative number 10 (who isn't tactically naive and obviously stil has decent work rate) in someone like Isco - and then let Willian be our defensive CAM/cover or competition for that RW spot.

I wouldn't even want Isco tbh. He's a good player with a lot of flair and technique which makes him stand-out in this current Madrid side without Modric, but he won't give us what we don't already have. Not decisive, not fast, not creative enough (not like Oscar, but not really like Silva or Eriksen) not particularly quick or strong, and not a great shooter or goalscorer. He won't improve us enough.

Right now, I'll rather we sign a physically strong + technically good CM in the Pogba mold than any of these lightweights. On a similar note, I won't mind at all if we go for Emre Can if Mikel or Ramires leaves in the summer, but I doubt they'll sell him to us. It's that sort of midfielder that will complete this team.

Played so much better with him

The half time change Willian for him changed the game big time, something went missing in our play. Unfortunately, Oscar had an extremely stupid yellow card and had a foul asking for another one. He sort of had to go.

and when i said that he was our best player on the pitch in the first half, i got ridiculed?

sometimes i dont know what match people watch.

even after the match is complete, i think he was our MOTM cos i honestly cant say anyone did anything more than oscar did in the first half.

that yellow card... if only he had not taken it.

and when i said that he was our best player on the pitch in the first half, i got ridiculed?

sometimes i dont know what match people watch.

even after the match is complete, i think he was our MOTM cos i honestly cant say anyone did anything more than oscar did in the first half.

that yellow card... if only he had not taken it.

Yeah that yellow cost us so badly. We were half the team without him despite playing against 10 fucking men.

Hope the Willian fanboys are happy.

He is not a leader, he is not good enough to be a CAM for Chelsea, he needs to be sold. I want a leader like Koke to replace this kid, who is not even a kid anymore as he is like 25 now or something.

Hopefully PSG are impressed tonight and decide to do 30m on him so we can activate Koke release clause. But Ibra will still be pissed with him so I doubt they will. Bottom line is he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Oscar was one of our best players tonight. He's so underrated, we all just can't see it yet.. Being a great attacking midfielder is not just about being a good passer and dictating the tempo. His defensive contribution is unparalleled for a number 10. He's really the best we could hope for at this moment. I don't see another attacking midfielder out there who could do a better job for us!

Yeah that yellow cost us so badly. We were half the team without him despite playing against 10 fucking men.

Nice to know it was Willian coming on fault that Fabregas and Ramires were strolling around the midfield like they were on a summer eve's date after half time right?

A lot of shit went wrong tonight, but putting on the one Midfielder who kept running until the end of the second extra period was not one.

Nice to know it was Willian coming on fault that Fabregas and Ramires were strolling around the midfield like they were on a summer eve's date after half time right?

A lot of shit went wrong tonight, but putting on the one Midfielder who kept running until the end of the second extra period was not one.

He made zero impact on the game. Just kept giving away silly fouls in dangerous areas and taking unnecessary extra touches on the ball. Wasn't just talking about today by the way.

Yes, we played worse when Oscar went off but let's not try and manipulate it and act like Oscar was anything special. He was not. He lost the ball a few times himself. If he played that good Mourinho would have kept him on regardless of the yellow card however but he was not having a huge influece on the game.

Willian was relatively decent when he was on the pitch (as was Oscar), so I'm not sure why it has to be a case of Oscar vs Willian at this moment; Willian didn't even play centrally until extra-time, and by that point we were playing a very dodgy Zouma-Fabregas pivot behind him and Costa to his right.

I agree with the first part of your post, however, and I would suggest that the main problem (in normal time, at least) was that Fabregas, Ramires, and Matic were all well below their best for the majority of the game, meaning that we were unable to exert any control over the midfield area. Booked or not, Oscar should have remained on the pitch and Ramires (or even Fabregas) should have been taken off instead. Mourinho exacerbated our problems by not only removing Oscar from the game but also by then playing his replacement (Willian) out wide; this meant that we had a trio of off-form midfielders in the central areas of the pitch.

He made zero impact on the game. Just kept giving away silly fouls in dangerous areas and taking unnecessary extra touches on the ball. Wasn't just talking about today by the way.

I'd take his no impact over two people in midfield walking around carefree any day though. The film room watching this match is going to be very very painful for some. I don't think I have ever seen people walking around not caring in a champions league tie that was still wide open.