Seattle Sounders Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we got no A.Cole, Bertrand or Van Aanholt for this game so who's going to play LB? I doubt anyone will play the full 90 minutes so i wonder which players will be asked to put in a shift there. Possibly Ferreira but who else, Luiz? or maybe Hutchinson, Chalobah, Saville or Kane may be asked to play there. Not that its vitally important but just thought i'd throw that out there. ;)

So we got no A.Cole, Bertrand or Van Aanholt for this game so who's going to play LB? I doubt anyone will play the full 90 minutes so i wonder which players will be asked to put in a shift there. Possibly Ferreira but who else, Luiz? or maybe Hutchinson, Chalobah, Saville or Kane may be asked to play there. Not that its vitally important but just thought i'd throw that out there. ;)

We will have to play Rush Left back, the less well known version of Rush goalie.

Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Josh McEachran, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Gael Kakuta, Yossi Benayoun, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Kane, Nathaniel Chalobah, George Saville, Lucas Piazon, Patrick Bamford.

These are the players who have travelled. I hope Essien has a good couple of games and i hope Kakuta plays well too, i really do. I'm surprised Chalobah has travelled tbh he's only just come back from the U19 World Cup. Ovbiously our Olympians wont be there and the guys who got to the KO phase of the Euro's too (Except Petr). It's good for the youngsters to get a run tho. Really looking forward to seeing Hazard, Marin and De Bruyne in the 3 behind Lukaku. Excellent potential there.

His goal against QPR was with his right foot too, he certainly knows how to use it.

The team Id like to see start is.

Cech

Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Hutchinson

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

With lots of options to come off the bench later in the match.

Didn't Hutch used to play at LB for the reserves? I guess he'll play there.

Cech

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

Sounds good to me...

Cech

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

why would you put Hazard on the left and De bruyne as number 10?

why would you put Hazard on the left and De bruyne as number 10?

I dont think blistering pace is something De Bruyne is blessed with. He is more effective from a central position. I think he will eventually end up playing in one of the two deeper midfield positions.

Cech

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

It's pre-season, I'd like to see more experimentation such as Bamford given a chance, Debruyne at CM...etc

It's pre-season, I'd like to see more experimentation such as Bamford given a chance, Debruyne at CM...etc

Ye I accept that, though I also think it's important to play a lot of our regular first team players given that this season we are trying to adopt to a completely different style of play, I feel the more match time you give to those players in order to help them adjust, the better.

I'm bored so thought i would make a more detailed version of what i would do.

1st Half

...........................................Hilario......................................

.........Ivanovic......Cahill..................Chalobah..........Ferreira....

............................Lampard..............Mceachran...............

........Benayoun..................Hazard...................Marin.......

............................................Lukaku...................................

2nd Half

.......................................................Turnbull......................................................

.....Ivanovic/Kane*......Cahill/Hutchinson*...........Chalobah/Luiz*........Hutchinson/Saville**..

...................................Mikel...........................Essien..............................................

........Ramires/Kakuta***.....................Piazon........................De Bruyne..................

....................................................Lukaku/Bamford*.................................................

* - To come on for the last 30+ minutes.

** - Hutchinson to come on at around the 60th minute for Ferreira at LB, then Cahill for Saville at around the 75th minute so Hutchinson would move to CB and Saville to LB.

*** - Ramires to come on for Benayon at half time, then Ramires to come off for Kakuta at around the 75th minute.

Cech

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

That front four looks very exciting with three new guys and Lukaku who didn't feature much last season. Piazon and maybe Bamford should get some minutes as well.

I dont think blistering pace is something De Bruyne is blessed with. He is more effective from a central position. I think he will eventually end up playing in one of the two deeper midfield positions.

you dont need blistering pace to be a good winger! Malouda proved that a few seasons ago.

Ye I accept that, though I also think it's important to play a lot of our regular first team players given that this season we are trying to adopt to a completely different style of play, I feel the more match time you give to those players in order to help them adjust, the better.

Yeah. Pretty sure RDM will mix and match the team during the pre-season and make massive changes in games to give every play time to get into full match fitness.

you dont need blistering pace to be a good winger! Malouda proved that a few seasons ago.

Ye that's true but most of the top wingers have blistering pace. I think of him as a bit like Schweinsteiger, started out as a winger, ended up in central midfield.

Ye that's true but most of the top wingers have blistering pace. I think of him as a bit like Schweinsteiger, started out as a winger, ended up in central midfield.

Yes that's true, and I also think KDB will end up as a top top CM but for now whenever Hazard is on the pitch as long as Mata isn't playing as well then I feel Hazard should always be in the number 10 position.

Cech

Mikel, Lampard

Marin, De Bruyne, Hazard

Lukaku

I like your formartion mate but i would play Marin on the left, Hazard in the middle and KDB on the right