test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

It's hard not to be subjective when comparing him in terms of quality with the likes from 'that generation', because of theirs legendary status, but he has potential to surpass them all. Club never had player like this.

Masterclass performance against Burnmouth, Pedro was good but not even close to what Eden produced there. He is literally creating space with every step he take. For himself and his teammates.

And yes... Costa is in great form, and he scored a lot of goals for us, but let's not fool ourselves - Hazard is the best player of this Chelsea generation, by far margin.

Tomo and Supermonkey92 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eden Hazard says current Chelsea team better than 2015 champions

I think this quote from him says alot!

"We try to do something that we didn't do in the past. We score some goals."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10710065/eden-hazard-says-current-chelsea-team-better-than-2015-champions

 

 

 

On 27/12/2016 at 6:23 AM, kellzfresh said:

YDZvHnZ.jpg

I'd a loved to see him plant it on Cescys arse and use it like a golf tee!

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most successful dribbles in Europe's top 5 leagues in 2016

144 – Dembele

 

141 – Zaha

138 – Neymar

118 – Hazard

115 – Ben Arfa


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, the wes said:

Most successful dribbles in Europe's top 5 leagues in 2016

144 – Dembele

 

141 – Zaha

138 – Neymar

118 – Hazard

115 – Ben Arfa


 

Despite Hazard playing injured and missing a month in the 1st half of 2016. Not bad. Hazard's dribbling success rate is usually very high. This season, he's dribbling with a 77% (!!) success rate, despite being a high volume dribbler, which is just crazy. 

For context, in the 2016/17 season:

Hazard completed 84 dribbles (77% success rate)

Zaha completed 73 dribbles (57% success rate)

Neymar completed 63 dribbles (64% success rate)

Ousmane Dembele (a future superstar btw) completed 61 dribbles (58% success rate)

Lionel Messi completed 43 dribbles (57% success rate)

Hazard is easily the best dribbler in the world at this point and it's not even up for a debate. The art of dribbling is not just something that should be considered aesthetically pleasing but if a player can dribble past 3 or 4 players with a mazy run, it momentarily takes those players out of the game and creates massive holes in their positional structure. (As we saw in Marcos Alonso's 2nd goal vs Everton). 

 

sutro and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Yeah by his standards he was a little bit quiet only 2 dribbles all game. But that assist was magic 

You are a little obsessed with his dribbling stats, aren't you? :carlo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are a little obsessed with his dribbling stats, aren't you? :carlo:

As a creative player, he doesn't have plenty assists or get as much key passes as fabregas, KdB, payet, ozil and other attacking midfielders. But hazard is a different type of creative player who depends mainly on his dribbling and not putting costa through on goal like fabregas, so once the dribbling is low, he won't have his normal outstanding match performance. 

Blue-in-me-Veins and Styles like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

As a creative player, he doesn't have plenty assists or get as much key passes as fabregas, KdB, payet, ozil and other attacking midfielders. But hazard is a different type of creative player who depends mainly on his dribbling and not putting costa through on goal like fabregas, so once the dribbling is low, he won't have his normal outstanding match performance. 

You aren't wrong but on the other hand, dribbling stats can be deceiving if the players don't make it effective. Hazard could dribble past 3-4 players but if he ended up passing sideways or backwards in non-threatening areas, would you then say he had a good game? Circumstances can also dictate that stats. If he's dropping deep during matches, then he's likely to dribble past players and get those numbers up. But if he's just staying up top, he may not dribble too much because there's less players to beat or there may be space for him to combine with others without having to beat players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

You aren't wrong but on the other hand, dribbling stats can be deceiving if the players don't make it effective. Hazard could dribble past 3-4 players but if he ended up passing sideways or backwards in non-threatening areas, would you then say he had a good game? Circumstances can also dictate that stats. If he's dropping deep during matches, then he's likely to dribble past players and get those numbers up. But if he's just staying up top, he may not dribble too much because there's less players to beat or there may be space for him to combine with others without having to beat players.

You're right. The last thing I want is for Hazard to start dribbling aimlessly like Zaha. I always like when he dribbles into the box, which causes confusion and can lead to him cutting inside and shooting, penalties, cutbacks for another to shoot. 

Anytime hazard has a great game we almost never struggle. And that's why he's our most talented player, we need his consistency or another to chip in with goals and take the pressure off him like Pedro and Willian did in the last games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.