test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Politics & Stuff

Started by Spike,

6,923 posts in this topic
On 6/6/2017 at 7:06 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

DABMI1KXgAAw144.jpgC_3NVyuXYAEU50Q.jpgDAA-NsTXsAAxJe-.jpgDBfXzehXoAEsvwu.jpg

I always dislike when people quote Jesus for their propaganda support. 

Jesus said and did many things that people pick and chose what they like from him. 

You either take it all or nothing. 

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, Viva La Hazard said:

Is it not true though? People post quotes all the time. 

Also, i'm not your mate so please stop referring to me as one. 

Yes it is you know well it is my mate sent me the quote and then you posted the same thing later. As for us not being mates I'm truly devastated.. What are your opinions on British Politics (not someone else's :)) Sorry about blank post above mods don't know what happened there.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Oh my, what a beautifully hung parliament you've got there! :D

So the other parties will team up with up labour party to form government?

Oh my, what a beautifully hung parliament you've got there! :D

I've NO idea mate. I just know that Corbyn just stuck up a huge middle finger to every news paper, tv station, the Tories, most of his own MPs....basically to the whole establishment.

What he's done in face of the media witch-hunt is nothing short of incredible. 

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

I've NO idea mate. I just know that Corbyn just stuck up a huge middle finger to every news paper, tv station, the Tories, most of his own MPs....basically to the whole establishment.

What he's done in face of the media witch-hunt is nothing short of incredible. 

Comrade Corbyn all the way :D

I remember when Sadiq Khan won the Mayor election, my cousin who used to stay in London said that Corbyn didnt attend the cermony because he is too left. And the chances of him becoming the PM are very less..

1 hour ago, nachikethas said:

Comrade Corbyn all the way :D

I remember when Sadiq Khan won the Mayor election, my cousin who used to stay in London said that Corbyn didnt attend the cermony because he is too left. And the chances of him becoming the PM are very less..

I remember it was Khan that snubbed him to avoid being criticized by the papers who were at the peak of their Corbyn attack.

Hopefully these results mean that UKIP are finished for good. Not that I genuinely expect CNN and FOX to stop having Farage as a guest..

Also, this made me chuckle:

ELENI LOUKA IN CHARGE OF AFFAIRS IN ENGLAND !

Brexit's wings were clipped a little yesterday.

Theresa however stays at number 10 with new friends from Ireland:

17 hours ago, the wes said:

Shocking behaviour 

Minutes silences at football matches don't happen in Saudi Arabia as some view it to go against their religious beliefs.

Now, it's not a secret that I'm not a fan of the prevailing religious beliefs in Saudi Arabia, but this is just personal freedom that has no impact on anyone else.

You can't assume that your cultural traditions and norms are observed everywhere.. 

the wes likes this

6 hours ago, nachikethas said:

So the other parties will team up with up labour party to form government?

Scottish Labour let the Labour Party down massively. They allowed the Tories to take too many seats in Scotland - their leader Kez Dugale who's anti-Corbyn essentially co signed people to vote for the Tories to steal seats from the SNP and ran a wrong campaign completely, which has a massive effect because its less seats for the SNP that Labour would've gone into power with. Labour were essentially 5 seats away from a coalition government. A conservative minority, and probably another election will come up next. So May is still safe as PM as it stands. 

Iggy Doonican likes this

15 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Those DUP folks seem....nice.

They are Britain's take on Trump.

Just now, The Skipper said:

They are Britain's take on Trump.

More like the tea party. I was just reading a bit of their views on LGBT and women's rights.. 

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

More like the tea party. I was just reading a bit of their views on LGBT and women's rights.. 

I guess that's more accurate tbh, since they are a party after all, and probably not as eccentric as Donald. Yeah, very conservative views, very anti-gay, anti-climate change, and also anti-abortion. Completely different values & views compared to most of the UK on some important subjects.

Minutes silences at football matches don't happen in Saudi Arabia as some view it to go against their religious beliefs.

Now, it's not a secret that I'm not a fan of the prevailing religious beliefs in Saudi Arabia, but this is just personal freedom that has no impact on anyone else.

You can't assume that your cultural traditions and norms are observed everywhere.. 

Did the Saudi Arabians fail to stand to attention or is it they just did not stand in line like the other team ?
I have seen many one minute silences where the players do not make a line but simply stand to attention at whatever spot they are in the field.
If the Saudis don't normally observe silences, it can only be the fault of the organizers though imo.

Just now, The Skipper said:

I guess that's more accurate tbh, since they are a party after all, and probably not as eccentric as Donald. Yeah, very conservative views, very anti-gay, anti-climate change, and also anti-abortion. Completely different values & views compared to most of the UK in some important subjects.

Oh god, the climate denial is the worst part. As if the Tories need any help in insisting that the humankind races towards the cliff. 

This is especially rich since the Tories basically ran their campaign by accusing Corbyn of associating with the wrong people (Hamas/Hezbollah..etc.)

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Did the Saudi Arabians fail to stand to attention or is it they just did not stand in line like the other team ?
I have seen many one minute silences where the players do not make a line but simply stand to attention at whatever spot they are in the field.
If the Saudis don't observe silences, it can only be the fault of the organizers though imo.

According to the Saudi FA, they had agreed for there to be a minutes silence but had informed the organizers that the players would not stand in a line for it.

Tbf, I saw a short clip of it and a few players were standing still in their positions while other continues stretching. 

Honestly, this is the last thing on my list of things to be enraged about concerning Saudi Arabia.