Spike

18 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

It's always painful listening to Trump trying to talk, but him trying his best either to condemn or refuse to condemn (I genuinely couldn't tell which) the rise in antisemitism was on a whole different level. 

Literally his best answer to the fact that antisemitic threats are skyrocketing was "My daughter is Jewish" :lol: Meanwhile, the FBI just stopped a right wing extremist with a gun who was going to shoot up a synagogue "in the spirit of Dylan roof".

I don't criticize Trump much because everyone else has that more than covered, but it keeps surprising me how genuinely stupid he is. That's irrelevant of politics. The fact that he's a pathological liar aside, he's got one of the lowest IQs among anyone in politics almost anywhere. 

Something in the system went seriously wrong. Someone like Trump should be the distraction not the winner of the election.

It's almost scary and funny in equal measures watching racism and fascism rise on the back of such pure stupidity. You always picture fascism in relation with strong charismatic leaders with great speech giving abilities but Donald Trump sounds like a dyslexic trying to read in his second language a beginner-level translation of Hitler speeches...

I was absolutely blown away by the, frankly, incoherent ranting he did on Thursday. He continues to denounce journalism that does anything but praise him, called his administration a "fine-tuned machine", says he inherited a mess, was called out for lying at the podium, actually asked if anyone had an easy question and then fired back when the question wasn't to his liking. He called himself the least anti-Semitic and least racist person, ever.

People in attendance were in shock. Regardless of your feelings about what is going on in American politics, it's a really bad look for the President to just rant and rave for over an hour in mostly fragments and hyperbole, calling out the media while himself misrepresenting "facts" and telling straight up lies.

6 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Incidentally @Fulham Broadway, Bill Maher did give that Milo guy a platform as you said he should get, and of course he ended up getting all the spot lights and the attention while he spewed toxic hate against immigrants, trans people and other minorities.

You can't seriously debate a guy who is the equivalent of a walking bigoted facebook meme, not that Maher was trying his best to push back. There is no logic in the first place in his arguments to try to counter or take apart, just hyperbole and bigotry. You end up just legitimizing his bigoted ideas when they were not legitimate before.

I applaud Jeremy Scahill who refused to be on the show because he did not want to be a part of the normalization of Milo's beliefs.

I generally don't like Larry Wilmore, but...

9 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I was absolutely blown away by the, frankly, incoherent ranting he did on Thursday. He continues to denounce journalism that does anything but praise him, called his administration a "fine-tuned machine", says he inherited a mess, was called out for lying at the podium, actually asked if anyone had an easy question and then fired back when the question wasn't to his liking. He called himself the least anti-Semitic and least racist person, ever.

People in attendance were in shock. Regardless of your feelings about what is going on in American politics, it's a really bad look for the President to just rant and rave for over an hour in mostly fragments and hyperbole, calling out the media while himself misrepresenting "facts" and telling straight up lies.

And Netanyahu was actually standing next to him in the other conference and the genocidal lunatic was actually defending Trump and celebrating the fact that he rose to power on a wave of bigotry and antisemitism :wank2:

But of course the twat of course can allow himself to talk in the name of all Jews even after helping the CIA arm literal Nazis in Ukrain :rolleyes: 

14 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I generally don't like Larry Wilmore, but...

What a bigoted twat Maher is. Even the right wing extremist had to point out that he just called all trans people 'weirdos'! Wanker...

22 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Incidentally @Fulham Broadway, Bill Maher did give that Milo guy a platform as you said he should get, and of course he ended up getting all the spot lights and the attention while he spewed toxic hate against immigrants, trans people and other minorities.

You can't seriously debate a guy who is the equivalent of a walking bigoted facebook meme, not that Maher was trying his best to push back. There is no logic in the first place in his arguments to try to counter or take apart, just hyperbole and bigotry. You end up just legitimizing his bigoted ideas when they were not legitimate before.

I applaud Jeremy Scahill who refused to be on the show because he did not want to be a part of the normalization of Milo's beliefs.

Choulo I think you are waaay overreacting -this is the self appointed ''virtuous troll'' who talks about ''mean words''

twat, but absolutely harmless

This one he is taken to task and is quite funny  -honestly he is an arsehole, but if you want to ban this, then its ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Choulo I think you are waaay overreacting -this is the self appointed ''virtuous troll'' who talks about ''mean words''

twat, but absolutely harmless

This one he is taken to task and is quite funny  -honestly he is an arsehole, but if you want to ban this, then its ridiculous.

This is the google trend for "Milo Yiannopoulos". Can you guess when he appeared on Bill Maher?

kjgjh.png

Ban? No of course not. I want people who are supposedly on the left not to give such hateful shit a platform. Again, you're conflating the right of speech which should be guaranteed by the state to being given a platform which is done by individuals and organizations. 

17 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I want people who are supposedly on the left not to give such hateful shit a platform

I don't think he is 'hateful shit' hes very flaky, and contradicts himself many times. Have you watched the clips - he gets shot down mostly and is held up as a confused exhibitionist - just the reason why he should be allowed a platform. So you'd control organisations and not allow them such characters ? Maybe Mahers not as left as you think - he's definitely gay :P

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I don't think he is 'hateful shit' hes very flaky, and contradicts himself many times. Have you watched the clips - he gets shot down mostly and is held up as a confused exhibitionist - just the reason why he should be allowed a platform. So you'd control organisations and not allow them such characters ? Maybe Mahers not as left as you think - he's definitely gay :P

He goes around universities outing trans people and immigrants and encourages people attending his talks to do the same. He's not as harmless as you think he is. 

No, I wouldn't 'control' organizations, I'd protest and encourage people to protest and boycott organizations that do give him a platform. I certainly would do everything in my power to stop him from talking at my community/university. 

Transsexualism is such a tiny niche that shouldn't get as much media coverage as it does. It isn't an issue for society at large, most people are so insulated in their own lives that transsexualism will never affect their lives. It's a private matter that should be discussed with one's doctors, not the congressman.

TRANSEXUALISM AND BATHROOMS IS A NON-ISSUE. Would anyone even notice if this 'woman' walked into the women's bathroom? No they wouldn't because he looks like a woman and nobody would know or see their genitalia because bathrooms have stalls. This is a true trans-person and you'd never know just at a passing glance. The 'weirdos' Milo is (poorly) talking about are dudes in trenchcoats that merely say they are trans (you can't argue against it, 'HEY! You're not trans!' , isn't socially acceptable) so they can perve on some woman pissing.

I also cringe when people call Milo 'alt-right'. He wrote some stupid editorial that wrongly classified the 'alt-right'. He is actually, as he says quite despised by the alt-right. 

HollyWoodlawnMay07.jpg

20 hours ago, kmk108 said:

The guy that is standing later came out on fox news saying he understand Trump for feeling annoyed being called antisimetic. 

And that he is okay with Trump. 

The one's who are Antisimetic are the Iranian regime with their wipe out Israel. You wiping out Israel means you want to get rid of all jewish people. That is antisemetic at it's core. 

Milo: “This is a controversial point of view I accept. We get hung up on this kind of child abuse stuff to the point where we’re heavily policing even relationships between consenting adults, you know grad students and professors at universities.”

The men in the joint video interview then discuss Milo’s experience at age 14.

Another man says: “The whole consent thing for me. It’s not this black and white thing that people try to paint it. Are there some 13-year-olds out there capable of giving informed consent to have sex with an adult, probably…” The man says, “The reason these age of consent laws exist is because we have to set some kind of a barometer here, we’ve got to pick some kind of an age…”

Milo: “The law is probably about right, that’s probably roughly the right age. I think it’s probably about okay, but there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age, I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who are sexually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world by the way. In many cases actually those relationships with older men…This is one reason I hate the left. This stupid one size fits all policing of culture. (People speak over each other). This sort of arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent, which totally destroys you know understanding that many of us have. The complexities and subtleties and complicated nature of many relationships. You know, people are messy and complex. In the homosexual world particularly. Some of those relationships between younger boys and older men, the sort of coming of age relationships, the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are, and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable and sort of a rock where they can’t speak to their parents. Some of those relationships are the most -”

It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me, another man says, interrupting Milo.

Milo: “And you know what, I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.”

Other people talk. Oh my God, I can’t handle it, one man says. The next thing in line is going to be pedophilia…says another man.

Milo: “You’re misunderstanding what pedophilia means. Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13-years-old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is attraction to people who don’t have functioning sex organs yet. Who have not gone through puberty. Who are too young to be able (unclear and cut off by others)…That’s not what we are talking about. You don’t understand what pedophilia is if you are saying I’m defending it because I’m certainly not.”

Another man said, “You are advocating for cross generational relationships here, can be honest about that?”

Milo: “Yeah, I don’t mind admitting that. I think particularly in the gay world and outside the Catholic church, if that’s where some of you want to go with this, I think in the gay world, some of the most important, enriching and incredibly life affirming, important shaping relationships very often between younger boys and older men, they can be hugely positive experiences for those young boys they can even save those young boys, from desolation, from suicide (people talk over each other)… providing they’re consensual.”

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

The guy that is standing later came out on fox news saying he understand Trump for feeling annoyed being called antisimetic. 

And that he is okay with Trump. 

The one's who are Antisimetic are the Iranian regime with their wipe out Israel. You wiping out Israel means you want to get rid of all jewish people. That is antisemetic at it's core. 

I don't think Trump is antisemitic, but I hate the hyperbole he uses. "I'm the LEAST antisemitic person EVER." "I'm the LEAST racist person EVER." Ever? Are you sure about that? 

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Milo: “This is a controversial point of view I accept. We get hung up on this kind of child abuse stuff to the point where we’re heavily policing even relationships between consenting adults, you know grad students and professors at universities.”

The men in the joint video interview then discuss Milo’s experience at age 14.

Another man says: “The whole consent thing for me. It’s not this black and white thing that people try to paint it. Are there some 13-year-olds out there capable of giving informed consent to have sex with an adult, probably…” The man says, “The reason these age of consent laws exist is because we have to set some kind of a barometer here, we’ve got to pick some kind of an age…”

Milo: “The law is probably about right, that’s probably roughly the right age. I think it’s probably about okay, but there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age, I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who are sexually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world by the way. In many cases actually those relationships with older men…This is one reason I hate the left. This stupid one size fits all policing of culture. (People speak over each other). This sort of arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent, which totally destroys you know understanding that many of us have. The complexities and subtleties and complicated nature of many relationships. You know, people are messy and complex. In the homosexual world particularly. Some of those relationships between younger boys and older men, the sort of coming of age relationships, the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are, and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable and sort of a rock where they can’t speak to their parents. Some of those relationships are the most -”

It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me, another man says, interrupting Milo.

Milo: “And you know what, I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.”

Other people talk. Oh my God, I can’t handle it, one man says. The next thing in line is going to be pedophilia…says another man.

Milo: “You’re misunderstanding what pedophilia means. Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13-years-old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is attraction to people who don’t have functioning sex organs yet. Who have not gone through puberty. Who are too young to be able (unclear and cut off by others)…That’s not what we are talking about. You don’t understand what pedophilia is if you are saying I’m defending it because I’m certainly not.”

Another man said, “You are advocating for cross generational relationships here, can be honest about that?”

Milo: “Yeah, I don’t mind admitting that. I think particularly in the gay world and outside the Catholic church, if that’s where some of you want to go with this, I think in the gay world, some of the most important, enriching and incredibly life affirming, important shaping relationships very often between younger boys and older men, they can be hugely positive experiences for those young boys they can even save those young boys, from desolation, from suicide (people talk over each other)… providing they’re consensual.”

I think in general, he is right. There are so many factors concerning sex around puberty that the lines of what is 'moral' and 'immoral' are blurred. IT is so dependent on the culture, person, orientation, emotional investment, motives, etc. 

A twenty year-old that sincerely enjoys the company of a fourteen year-old is very different from a twenty year-old that enjoys the company of a fourteen year-old because they are fourteen. 

5 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

He should tell them that he likes big black men. That works like a charm when he is accused of racism.

What is he supposed to say? What is anyone supposed to say? What definitive proof can anyone give that they aren't racist besides denying it? 'Racist' is the catch-all term used by the media to 'pox' all that they don't agree with; to the point the word doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Do you honestly think Milo lies awake at night thinking; 'I HATE BLACKS, HOW CAN I RUIN BLACK LIVES' and then afterwards sucks on a black cock? If anything he has a slight racial bias towards black men because he is naturally more attracted to them.