Frank Rijkaard

Aesthetic Relic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Whoever takes over from Ferguson will have one of the hardest jobs in the world, the same with Wengers replacement.

I remember Sexton after Docherty, and Bob Paisley after Shankly -absolutely slated.

The ones that come after the Wenger, Ferguson replacements have a much easier job. Hence why Rijkaard, Christian Gross, or anyone would be welcomed at the moment.

It's true that who ever replaced Mourinho would have one fuck of a time , but Grant is an exception, useless money grabbing buffoon.

Which could be another explanation as to why they put Grant in charge for this season, so that whoever came in was welcomed with open arms!!!!!! I hope to god that Roman and the rest are that clever.......

The trouble is that at the moment we don't have the players to play the attacking football in the style that Barca have.... but hopefully he can come in and make a few good purchaces and him and Ten Cate can do the business...

The trouble is that at the moment we don't have the players to play the attacking football in the style that Barca have.... but hopefully he can come in and make a few good purchaces and him and Ten Cate can do the business...

Well if franky comes i think he will buy quick young skill full players celsinho willian maybe jo alves.

Well there is nothing we can do but wait and see, we have to wait and see if Grant is still in charge, we have to wait and see who is going to be leaving and who will come in!

For me the summer can't come soon enough so we know where we stand....

If Rijkaard comes in then i think most people will be pretty happy.

Which could be another explanation as to why they put Grant in charge for this season, so that whoever came in was welcomed with open arms!!!!!! I hope to god that Roman and the rest are that clever.......

I don't know what made me think it but yesterday I thought whoever came in after Mourinho was never ever going to be given an easy ride of it by the fans, and I thought exactley what you said here. Maybe the club knew this and thought lets put an absolute waste of space in, he can take the flak for a season then we'll replace him with someone decent and he'll be given more time as he'll be an improvement on the bullfrog......just conjecture of course and probably not very likely but a possibility.

Something about that theory just seems a little too clever for the club though, as much as i would like it to be true.........

3 names being touted now - Rijkaard is the main one now with Hiddink and Laudrup getting regular mentions too now. I think ny of these would be warmly welcomed by Chelsea Fans now..

• 4 weeks later...

i reiterate my hate for him, and especially those of us who don't like grant's lack of animation, you're in for a ride..

he was nothing post ten cate at barca, and if success comes when he's here.. he'll have it just like grant has been having now..

the only positive for those excited by the youth, is he atleast tries them out even if its early season..

• 9 months later...

FRANK RIJKAARD has been lined up to take over as Chelsea boss next season.

The former Barcelona boss has been sounded out by stand-in chief Guus Hiddink and has confirmed his interest. Sport of the World can reveal that the Dutch pair discussed Rijkaard’s impending appointment last week at the request of Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The plan is for Hiddink to return to his duties as Russian national team manager in the summer — with Rijkaard succeeding him at Stamford Bridge.

But there is the possibility of Hiddink returning to Chelsea to work with Rijkaard in a director of football role at the end of Russia’s World Cup campaign.

The two have worked together before with Rijkaard part of Hiddink’s coaching team when he was in charge of Holland. They have retained a close friendship and share the same football philosophies.

Discussions

When Sport of the World contacted a source close to Rijkaard, he refused to discuss the Chelsea appointment.

But he added: “They are a club he admires — but he would not want to talk about that particular subject at the moment.”

But another Dutch source confirmed that everything is in place for Rijkaard to take the reins in west London.

The source said: “Guus and Frank have had long discussions about the job in the last few weeks. It has been informally agreed Frank will step in during the summer.

“Abramovich wants Hiddink to complete Russia’s World Cup campaign — but there will then be the option for him to return to Chelsea and work in tandem with Rijkaard.”

Riijkaard has been out of work since he left Barcelona at the end of last season. He built up a reputation as one of Europe’s finest coaches.

During his five years in Spain, he led Barca to two La Liga titles and the Champions League by beating Arsenal 2-1 at the 2006 final in Paris.

If we are going to get Rijkaard then why the fuck didnt we get him instead of Hiddink. Its 6 months wasted imo.

He could have been in now analysing the squad and be ready to make any improvements come the summer. The decisions made by this club really baffles me at times :rolleyes:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You