test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

14. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,831 posts in this topic

I thought that about Matic

Well Ruben is younger, so hopefully he'll have time to develop more. And tbf, Matic didn't too bad for Benfica.

I thought that about Matic

I liked Matic too. While he'd not ripping things up he's pretty quietly doing well at Benfica this season, and I do wish we had given him a chance, at the least, with us, as he never actually got that, just came in, played reserves, loaned to Vitesse and sold. Wouldn't swap him for Luiz as well of course, but he was a smart midfielder.

There were also problems with squad places TBF I think. First half of 11/12 season we had the full 17 over 21 non homegrown players.

He'll have to be special to come near the first team that's for granted, but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves, we've got to focus on Josh and Nathan, at the moment.

He'll have to be special to come near the first team that's for granted, but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves, we've got to focus on Josh and Nathan, at the moment.

Well tbh RLC is a much better prospect than Josh from what I have seen. Both good technically, however RLC is three years younger and what him and Chalobah have over him is that they are better physically and slightly younger as well and as the years go by I reckon the development will show that the two aforementioned have passed by Mceachran in terms of overall ability.

Well tbh RLC is a much better prospect than Josh from what I have seen. Both good technically, however RLC is three years younger and what him and Chalobah have over him is that they are better physically and slightly younger as well and as the years go by I reckon the development will show that the two aforementioned have passed by Mceachran in terms of overall ability.

As good as both chalobah and RLC are on the ball josh when on form is on a different level technically but i agree that both of them are physically a lot stronger then josh.

CHOULO19 likes this

I think sometimes people forget what Josh is capable of technically. His passing is sublime. If only he could build from that, as he can't get by with one pillar.

I think sometimes people forget what Josh is capable of technically. His passing is sublime. If only he could build from that, as he can't get by with one pillar.

I don't think anyone forgets what he can do theoretically, but he seems to have problems doing it for the first-team.

Leif has also mentioned problems with his character and his tendency to let his head drop. Players like Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek play with their chest out which is why people are reminded of Ballack - Josh lets his shoulders slump and his head dip. That doesn't bode well for him.

I've heard a few wonderful things about RLC. He played well against the Mancs, I assume?

I've heard a few wonderful things about RLC. He played well against the Mancs, I assume?

yeah he was beast. he even outmuscled toure once or twice and played good passes out to the wings fast. looks a ballack esque player

yeah he was beast. he even outmuscled toure once or twice and played good passes out to the wings fast. looks a ballack esque player

I guess that is why he is getting paid 1.7million a year.

Chelsea's teenage midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek spoke of his enjoyment after starring in the Blues' friendly defeat to Manchester City in St Louis.

Loftus-Cheek impressed in midfield in front of a sell-out crowd of 48,263 at Busch Stadium, home of baseball's St Louis Cardinals.

"I'm proud of my performance," the 17-year-old told Chelsea TV.

"You've got to enjoy these occasions as a young player and I did. It's amazing playing in front of 40-odd thousand."

With another match scheduled at Yankee Stadium in New York on Saturday, he added: "I'm buzzing for that. Hopefully I'll play again."

Hannah and robdog like this

I had almost forgot what it was like to have a physical presence in the midfield. A good loan spell for him next season is vital.

I felt the midfield battle between RLC and Yaya Toure was quite even.

RLC actually out-muscled Toure more whereas Toure was simply more intelligent at times and made a pass or move a split second quicker.

Toure offered more going forward, as he always does, but RLC got around 8 or so very good tackles right in front of the defence after errors from the centre backs.

If he was at Liverpool, Stoke, even Arsenal, I guarantee he'd already have double figure senior team appearances in all comps. He's good enough. I think it's been considered all season. He's our best midfield talent in the youth ranks in my opinion.

Term-X, Hannah and Kezza like this

Heard he played well. Glad to see him get a game. Really like his style of play and potential is there for a very good player.

That's the problem innit? He has stupid name so how can we take him seriously? ManCity couldn't handle him because they were having a laugh.