test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,191 posts in this topic
On 26/10/2018 at 0:34 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Defence-

Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic

Barkley-RLC-Hazard

Nothing strange about that

Its a 4 3 3

With RLC as striker (very intriguing, would love to hear other thoughts on this, it probably is just too cray) and the move I have screaming to try, Barkley at RW, replacing the human play delay that is Willian.

3 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Ruben is not Chelsea quality, one good game against low level opposition does not change that.

Do you rate Barkley then?

Kovacic is not a true AMF (he should take Kante's place, as I discussed at length above) AND Real Madrid are more than likely going to NOT sell him to us (I desperately hope they do.)

If you don't rate Barkley, then surely you completely agree the number one AMF who is remotely available is Kai Havertz. Nabil Fekir is damaged goods, Victimpool saw the likelihood of a catastrophic re-injury of his knee. Isco is a pipe dream, unless you think a straight Isco for Hazard swap is a good move (it is club-destroying madness).

Havertz is 19, tracking to 16 plus goals, 20 plus assists in all comps and already is capped at Die Mannschaft level.

Talisca, Julian Draxler, Aleksandr Golovin (especially if Monaco get relegated), Carlos Soler, Pablo Fornals, Amine Harit, and Lucas Paquetá are other viable options.

Please explain what you think we should do at AMF, seeing as you obviously don't rate RLC. Edited to add I still have big hopes for RLC at some position.

the wes likes this

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Do you rate Barkley then?

From what I have seen this season, Barkley is better than RLC

OneMoSalah likes this

23 hours ago, Vesper said:

2 different roles really. Kovacic is actually better at the role Kante plays when they both start, and RLC obviously, is the more natural AMF (competing with Barkley). 

Well, if that's the case - if Sarri really see things that way, than I'm of course on board with that! Jorginho - Kovačić - Barkley/RLC sounds sick against smaller opponents.

Vesper likes this

20 minutes ago, El P. said:

Well, if that's the case - if Sarri really see things that way, than I'm of course on board with that! Jorginho - Kovačić - Barkley/RLC sounds sick against smaller opponents.

I honestly do not know what Sarri thinks on Kante v Kovacic in that hybrid b to b role

I do see what my eyes show me

Kovacic is far more integrated into the offensive flow, and is deffo a more than adequate pressing disruption force

I see Kante oft-times struggling with link passing

I want Kante on the field, but back in a destroyer role (which is supposedly not possible) and that is why, after a lot of effort, we came up with a 3-1-3-3 formation with Kante as destroyer in front of three CB's and a triangle of MF'ers in front of Kante, with Jorginho as the base, the other 2 MF providing rotational width and coverage, as well as feeding the front 3 LW CF RW

Its one of the few ways to get Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, and Barkley (or RLC) all on the field together as MF'ers AND Kante back to destroyer (the 3 CB's and Kante would feed off to Jorginho in his DH MF role still)

He played both wings today, so what do we think about RLC the winger?

11 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I'd rather have Barkley RW and Loftus-Cheek as LCM 

We had the perfect chance to try Barkley out at RW today, but Sarri put RLC there instead, which I am still scratching my head over. It worked out well in terms of goals, but we still know nothing other than RLC is not a winger, lolol (his goal had zero to do with wing play).

The really interesting experiment would have been to play RLC at striker and Barkley at RW after Pedro was injured and Morata was pulled.

The 2nd half, all that said, was sublime. Kante FINALLY started playing direct offensive-thrusting footie (to massive positive effect!) and Willian (in his true LW spot, was superb (yes, I said superb!, lolol)

I wish to FUCK Eden was ambipedal and could play RW as well as he plays LW, as Willian at LW actually does (at times, and certainly the 2nd half today) look like an actual £65m-worth winger. He was magnificent there, after fucking about the first half over on the right a lot. Cannot figure him out for shit.

RLC at the moment will never play in CM IMO. Sarri has already hinted that he needs to improve defensively.

Even though Barkley does not defend or keep possession as well as Kovacic, he still has the dynamism that RLC lacks. I do like RLC because he's got the technique to become a very good player. Reckon that at this time he will only be given minutes in one of the advanced positions: CAM, RW, or LW.