Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be told if he wants to play for Chelsea then he accepts a lower basic with a good win bonus - that goes for all of them. If they deliver they get the big money, if they don't they have to struggle on for what for most of us would be a couple of years wages per week - my heart bleeds for them

Speaking of wages, remember the news that was going around the start of last season? There were rumours of Roman doing away with all the performance related bonuses...it was around the time we were scoring in 6's and 4's per match, and then Wilkins was fired and our slide began.

We have to start making right contracts some time. Past errors should not justify making mistakes in the present.

Yes, overpaying averages Joe Cole or Kalou for years did (partially) lead the club to adopt Arnesen's youths politic through the 1st team, it cost us at the end of the story. It was not the main reason though, Arnesen's influence and the lobby he reprensented was high at Chelsea... But it's a point to take care of. Our wage bill is diminucing, but slowly. And the importance of this wage bill was maybe a reason for the departure of that much players since 2007, making us playing 3 whole Premier League campaign with only 2 strikers.

Anyway there's a moment where we will have to consider changing a bit the contracts offered. Ballack's departure was about a conflict on the amount of years, but basically the contact was based on bonuses and it's clearly the way where we should go, in the same time than offload useless players. Financial Fair Play is coming, even though I'm skeptical about it (no club won't be allowed not to play Champions League football, can't imagine C1 without the likes of Manure, Real, Barcelona etc, economical matters are too high...), the club is clearly at a turning point in his modus operandi.For the first time for years we have a coach who won't be sacked after 8 months with the aim to build something stable. Economical stability is part of that

If we have to refuse to sign Cahill for wage demands (even though his agent plays a big role in the apparent "mess", if someone can ask a lot of money it may be him too and mainly... ?), let's go with it.

I would only be sad not to sign him for his offensive quality, he's a great forward instinct and his technique is quite brilliant at times. It's on the defensive side of his game that I'm skeptical

Who'd thought our January transfer drama would be Cahill....

Nah it ain't a drama, it's just the media...

I'm pretty sure it was something like this:

We agreed the fee fast and went on a meeting with a player. He/agent asked if he/Gary was going to be a 1st team member to which we responded with no or something similar. Then, he probably asked for a bigger wage if he is going to sign for us and not be a 1st choice CB. After that they scheduled the next meeting until which the both parties will evaluate their options...

There's only 1 thing that scares me a bit, and that is that someone like Tottenham or Liverpool don't enter and hijack our move telling him that he'll be a starter for them since the fee is rather small.

Shonex, I don't think Cahill has already discussed with Chelsea so far. Technically he just had 3 games in 10 days, away games by example. According to Coyle and Villas Boas, only one meeting took place, and certainly only with one of Cahill's representatives, his agent, to talk with Chelsea. Not necessarly with the presence of Cahill... Transferts doesn't happen in half an hour like the Loserpool scums achieved to make the world believe about Meireles' departure, they really have a certain talent in the timing and the quality of their statements...

I'm certain it's a load of bull from the Mirror. They've misinterpreted André's words and now are trying to come up with convenient theories.. What a load on nonsense.

AVB said club and player are miles apart from reaching an agreement, or he is asking for a huge amount of money, or he want a place in the starting XXI...I dont find that to be nonsense, what else Cahill would ask for ? That Terry doesnt get his girl? lol

AVB said club and player are miles apart from reaching an agreement, or he is asking for a huge amount of money, or he want a place in the starting XXI...I dont find that to be nonsense, what else Cahill would ask for ? That Terry doesnt get his girl? lol

xD

But he only said that because only a primary meeting took place. He said it was a busy time in the beginning of the month and so after that there will be time for more advanced negotiations. His words were taken completely out of hand.