Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Didnt ake immediately play for first team though?

Thiago went thru barca b for a few years...

Ake played a full season and half with the youth team before making his debut with the senior side. Even after his debut he was still part of the FA youth cup team that won the thing. He has played a lot of football with our youth team, most football he has played is with us. I personally consider him a Chelsea product, and you also give credit to Feyenoord.

Ake made his first start in 2012 and has already been with the first team before. i dont consider ake a chelsea youth product...

ZOuma was starting in ligue 1 already.

guys like chabolah, baker, loftus cheek are, but ake was already on first team and came from the dutch farm system.

If Chelsea can get 2 guys on first team, than the youth system would be a success. Can't expect to do a barcelona when chelsea doesnt have a specific system in place

Got to say this sounds pretty ill-informed to me. "No specific system in place?" We have a fantastic system in place, one which has drawn plaudits from all quarters. People like Gareth Southgate, Stuart Robson and even 'Der Neue Kaiser', Michael Ballack, speak gushingly about Cobham. Hardly a month goes by without someone or other citing our development structure as THE model to follow.

Ten years ago JM condemned the youth squad, now it's stuffed with high quality players in every position. Of course our academy, which is in its tenth year, has not yet produced a first team regular but ten years is no time at all in youth development. Lads recruited at 8 years of age in 2004/05 are still A FEW YEARS short of being first-team ready. Will any of the current U21s or U18s make it? Who knows.

Chelsea need a high class squad and the only way any academy is going to turn out high class professionals is if the lads were high class prospects in the first place. All that can be asked of a youth system is that it identifies the best talent available to it and then teaches them to become the best footballers they possibly can. Whether the academy is doing that, and whether the young men turn out to be good enough for Chelsea, are massive questions. Over the next three or four years we'll BEGIN to be able to answer them as regards the first wave of true Cobham graduates.

If the players fail the test then the focus shifts to the next age group and we move on. If however the judgement is that the system has failed, and that the players have not been coached to fulfil their potential, then the spotlight will be turned on Cobham itself. Good luck to all the young men who are studying there and trying to establish themselves in professional football. I hope as many of them as possible make it, and that some of them manage to do so with Chelsea.

I wouldn't expect anything less.

He has stayed and fought for his place and not won it back. You have to respect him for trying and also respect him for being a man about it.

u would have to respect his wishes tho he will be missed and always be remember as a chelsea legend

u would have to respect his wishes tho he will be missed and always be remember as a chelsea legend

Oh absolutely, it'd be wrong of us to keep him if he wanted to leave. He has been a loyal servant to the club to the highest magnitude, he'll always be loved by Chelsea fans. Unfortunately though his time has come in the same manner it did for Cudicini when Cech arrived.

Oh absolutely, it'd be wrong of us to keep him if he wanted to leave. He has been a loyal servant to the club to the highest magnitude, he'll always be loved by Chelsea fans. Unfortunately though his time has come in the same manner it did for Cudicini when Cech arrived.

i 100% agree mate

Well to be honest I don't think we need much. The only position that could potentially be improved upon with anyone on that list is on the right wing with Sterling or Reus.

The realistic options from the rest would not be improvements on what is in our 1st 11. By realistic I mean I have excluded Pogba, Gotze, Varane who will not be for sale basically...