test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amblève.

Your Chelsea FC Memories

Started by Amblève.,

171 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's a clip of him when he first signed playing in a pre season friendly against Antwerp or someone. At half time he starts  having a go not maliciously but more out of frustration because he can't quite believe how shit Andy Myers is ha ha. The one fact about him I still find funny is that his favourite show is It A'int Half Hot Mum hence why he used to call the players his lovely boys.

:D ''Seargent Major saab'' and Windsor Davies ''right then lovely boys''

On 12/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Was at this 20 years ago. Brilliant Hughes and Zola combis.

I know he was only with us those 3 years but he had a good goal average didn't he? Excellent partnership with Magic Box. About 1 in 3 ishh games.  I liked the guy.

All 39 goals :D

Fulham Broadway likes this

On 26/01/2016 at 6:23 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Today is the anniversary of one the greatest and most exciting FA Cup games ever -Chelsea 4 v Liverpool 2.

Just cant believe its 19 years ago

Yeah that game was a classic in all senses , 1st half -2nd half ,sort of summed up supporting Chelsea back then, loads of lows with big highs,what celebrations was had that day 4sure:drunk: the way we attacked in the 2nd half was pure blue heaven.

The best memory for me was undoubtedly the Champions league final. I remember that day distinctly I was sitting in the library gathered with my project members to work on a course project. I was streaming the match and just couldn't concentrate on the work and was literally speechless when I saw Mulller score. And then Drogba scored the equalizer and the winning penalty, that feeling... I was streaming internally while trying to remain civil and calm on the outside. One of the best memories as a Chelsea fan for me.

Unionjack likes this

36 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

This is a brilliant site Corby Chelsea some great pictures of the Shed and the Bridge brought back some happy memories.

http://corbychelsea.com/the-shed.php

Well done Iggy, some great pics , and as you say the memories come flooding back, Some weird, like those bogs by the Bovril stand - used to dread needing a slash as they'd be ankle deep in piss with sea of fag ends floating on top

Iggy Doonican likes this

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Well done Iggy, some great pics , and as you say the memories come flooding back, Some weird, like those bogs by the Bovril stand - used to dread needing a slash as they'd be ankle deep in piss with sea of fag ends floating on top

There's one a pic of a geezer in a orange bib or jacket selling hot dogs do you remember when they used to have those kids selling those rancid hamburgers?. They used to walk around the Shed carrying brown containers the burgers were covered in masses of tin foil early 80's I would say.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's one a pic of a geezer in a orange bib or jacket selling hot dogs do you remember when they used to have those kids selling those rancid hamburgers?. They used to walk around the Shed carrying brown containers the burgers were covered in masses of tin foil early 80's I would say.

From ecoli burgers and cold tea to Singa beer and Balti pies  

Unionjack and Iggy Doonican like this

3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

And yet they always sing "Where were you when you were shit?"

Lol true. TBH we were shit more than outstanding, but that made the victories sweeter.

We were never shit off the pitch though^_^

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Lol true. TBH we were shit more than outstanding, but that made the victories sweeter.

We were never shit off the pitch though^_^

We were bang average before the big money came in. Some people try to defend it by saying we won some FA cups and a EURO cup but that's it.  

19 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

We were bang average before the big money came in. Some people try to defend it by saying we won some FA cups and a EURO cup but that's it.  

Just a few years before the big money, we were consistently among the high end up the table like Everton have been for a long while now. If we'd have stayed at this Everton level of the few trophies we had, and sometimes going on a thriller and chasing a team down for the league title when we weren't expected to, I'd probably love the club a little more. 

In 1998 we finished 3rd, which is better than Everton will ever do (I reference them because to me they're a 'big' club while not the biggest, making talk of us being a small club before Abramovich nonsense to me.) 2 more wins and we would've won the league, this being against elite United & Arsenal sides. That was truly impressive. If we were more stable, we could've kept biting at the ankles of the greats without the big money. But with the big money, now we are a great; but which great would remain still without the big money? None. 

We were great & we are greater now.

36 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

It was good time to be a fan though, total buzz most of the time. Top English league wasn't that good before TV money, us before Abramovich, Citeh before the arab money, Chinese clubs before state intervention ...aye there gold in them football hills.....

On 27/01/2017 at 3:22 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

It was good time to be a fan though, total buzz most of the time. Top English league wasn't that good before TV money, us before Abramovich, Citeh before the arab money, Chinese clubs before state intervention ...aye there gold in them football hills.....

I know it must sound basic maybe neanderthal to some but I liked it because clubs dreaded coming to us and having to walk from the tube.

Theres not much things better on match day than walking along with their lot and abusing them till they cry. They dont have those shaking hands anymore and the bags under their eyes because they didn't sleep the night before.

Iggy Doonican likes this

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know it must sound basic maybe neanderthal to some but I liked it because clubs dreaded coming to us and having to walk from the tube.

Theres not much things better on match day than walking along with their lot and abusing them till they cry. They dont have those shaking hands anymore and the bags under their eyes because they didn't sleep the night before.

From about 1977 to about 94 the Northstand was full on only a few occasions by only a handful of teams. I would say Spurs, Man United (not always same as Liverpool) West Ham, Arsenal, Millwall, Boro play off game, Sheffield Utd cup match are all I remember seeing. QPR were given the whole end one year but it wasn't exactly rammed.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Unionjack said:

Haha yes UJ agree with that. Conversely in the 70s and 80s remember shitting myself at Leeds, Wolves, Millwall....until your mob of 10-15 met up with 200-300 more Chels. Then I was billy big bollox :D

59 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Haha yes UJ agree with that. Conversely in the 70s and 80s remember shitting myself at Leeds, Wolves, Millwall....until your mob of 10-15 met up with 200-300 more Chels. Then I was billy big bollox :D

Tho that was always fun roaming roun a strange town like we owned the place I think the East Europeans have the whole hooligan thing sorted right, 2 sides of equal numvers toe to toe, no weapons, out of the way, no vandalizing or injuring innocents and not ganging up on someone who is down.  Times now if 2 lots agree a meet by phone you either get 1 lot not show or they turn up with more than they said.

Or so I'm told  mischievous-grin_zpse6s9ntzo.gif