test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,561 posts in this topic

It's too soon to judge by what a lot of people say, but def. there is a lot of excitement.

However, we got Cech, and Cech can continue playing till 40.

He seems to be very good, and i am not sure he will like to be a back up to Cech.

So either in 2 seasons he replace Cech, or we will sell him to A. Madrid.

If he comes good, then I'd like to take him as a 2nd choice keeper who plays all games in Carling and FA Cup, like Cudicini used to do under Mourinho.

However, we got Cech, and Cech can continue playing till 40.

He seems to be very good, and i am not sure he will like to be a back up to Cech.

So either in 2 seasons he replace Cech, or we will sell him to A. Madrid.

Maybe Cech will drop form, or want to retire, change a team...

Good game for him.

Apparently he's been having good games with Athletico. These are the kind of loan deals we should be looking for. Take your chances Courtois

Apparently he's been having good games with Athletico. These are the kind of loan deals we should be looking for. Take your chances Courtois

Tbf.. In this game, there wasn't much to do. He made 2 actual saves.

Defence was good and Celtic lacked any attacking movement.

Tbf.. In this game, there wasn't much to do. He made 2 actual saves.

Defence was good and Celtic lacked any attacking movement.

Fair enough... but the fact that he's been the first choice GK for a good number of games ahead of Asenjo must be a good sign IMO.

Thibaut Courtois now has 3 clean sheets in 4 starts. With just the Soldado winner for Valencia against him.

He surely has made the GK position his own for the rest of the season. Major fuck ups apart. As much as everyone talks about getting a better GK for second choice. I don't want us to call him back next season and have a Shay Given - Joe Hart situation at our club and then lose out on one of them a season later.

Love it that he does great, another clean sheet, nice!! I wouldn't sell him, keep him "close" for future use. How soon depends on Cech, if he keeps performing as he normaly does it could be a long time tough...

ZanSnake likes this

Cech may want to experience other leagues. This will be his 8th season here. I'm glad Courtois is getting good experience and is doing well! We've signed him for 6-8 million, which isn't a lot of money and I'm sure if we decide to sell him (if Cech wants to stay here for a number of years) then we will recoup that amount or maybe get more :)