Marko Marin

Melanicus

I cannot even think of any players who played for us at 21 and started on a consistent basis.

Cech started at the age of 22, so did Essien, Lampard was 23, Mikel is playing regurarly since he was 19 and to top it all off Salomon Kalou is a consistent player since the age of 21! :wub:

Doesn't have to be the striker. Could easily be the other way round. AND as much as the FFP rules are coming, you're making it soundsas if we're broke or something & can only spend peanuts on transfers! :lol:

I don't know if you know how dire the situation is.... This was written in Feb. and much has changed since then but it will give you a good indication of how FFP will have a impact on Chelsea.

We're definitely not in the clear we have to seriously spend prudently over the next little while... Read this and tell me what you think

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/2/9/2787509/chelsea-financial-fair-play-analysis

I don't know if you know how dire the situation is.... This was written in Feb. and much has changed since then but it will give you a good indication of how FFP will have a impact on Chelsea.

We're definitely not in the clear we have to seriously spend prudently over the next little while... Read this and tell me what you think

http://www.weaintgot...r-play-analysis

I know the implications but as I said, you're making it sound like it's gonna be end of the world or something. Calm down and think positive. :)

I know the implications but as I said, you're making it sound like it's gonna be end of the world or something. Calm down and think positive. :)

Calm down? I'm very calm what we're talking about is prudent spending not carefree like years past. If you had a number how much do you think would be made available this summer for us to spend? I can't see more than maybe £75M but that's me

Calm down? I'm very calm what we're talking about is prudent spending not carefree like years past. If you had a number how much do you think would be made available this summer for us to spend? I can't see more than maybe £75M but that's me

That's a somewhat reasonable amount and like I said before, it's unlikely all our transfers this summer will cost more than 20m each.

That's a somewhat reasonable amount and like I said before, it's unlikely all our transfers this summer will cost more than 20m each.

Agreed but we will have one very large one(if we're lucky) and that will probably result in half of that proposed kitty being eaten. If we prioritize areas of need I would say its Winger, Midfielder, RB, Striker... A guy like Hazard or Moura will not come cheap and if we're in for one of them I would SURELY use the money to sign one of them well before I take a striker.

Cech started at the age of 22, so did Essien, Lampard was 23, Mikel is playing regurarly since he was 19 and to top it all off Salomon Kalou is a consistent player since the age of 21! :wub:

Lampard was 2 years older to be fair, and when he first joined this club i was 6 i think. True about Cech, and totally forgot about Mikel and Kalou, i thought Essien was 23 when he first arrived?... and i call myself an Essien fan.

Lampard was 2 years older to be fair, and when he first joined this club i was 6 i think. True about Cech, and totally forgot about Mikel and Kalou, i thought Essien was 23 when he first arrived?... and i call myself an Essien fan.

It doesn't really matter how old a player is, it more their approach and mentality. Look at Tim Cahill, he has been playing consistently ever since he joined Millwall all those years ago, his determination and drive makes him succeed.

It doesn't really matter how old a player is, it more their approach and mentality. Look at Tim Cahill, he has been playing consistently ever since he joined Millwall all those years ago, his determination and drive makes him succeed.

Yeah but that doesn't prove anything, i do not understand what that has to do with the arguement. Not every youngster is inconsistent, some players are just inconsistent through out.

From WhoScored.com

Marko Marin

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Marko Marin from Werder Bremen for this summer. The German international made an impact on English football when he scored against Tottenham during their stint in the Champions League, and will hope to make more of an impression on the Premier League next season.

Having been deployed almost exclusively in a central attacking midfield role behind two strikers for Bremen this season, it is not clear how exactly he will slot into the Chelsea team, who often operate in a 4-3-3 formation. His lightweight build and silky skills suggest he will occupy a wide berth and provide a little more creative threat.

This season, he has averaged 2.1 successful dribbles per game for Bremen, which is more than any Chelsea player has managed in league games. Only Ramires (1.6) and Fernando Torres (1.1) have averaged more than 1 dribble past an opponent per game, and third in that regard is centre back David Luiz. In the past two seasons, when Chelsea have been significantly more successful in the Premier League – coming 2nd and 1st – than they have this term, the Blues have had 6 players in their squad averaging more than 1 successful dribble per game, and Marin is certainly likely to increase the individual skill level at Stamford Bridge.

Meanwhile, it is not his passing ability that will have caught the Chelsea scouts’ eyes. His pass success rate of 79.6% is the twelfth best in Werder’s squad, and is only better than Torres, Petr Cech and Didier Drogba in the Chelsea squad. His tally of only 25.6 passes attempted per game shows that he does not get on the ball all too often either. For a creative midfielder, that is a distinctly unimpressive statistic.

However, he averages 1.9 key passes per match, which is second most in the Bremen squad and is only fewer than Juan Mata at Chelsea. He has picked up 5 assists this season and, with Torres showing signs of a potential upturn in form, Marin could prosper at Stamford Bridge. Having made only 1 of his 16 starts in a wide position this season, Marin picked up an assist from a cross when he was deployed on the flank. It is likely that he would also play out wide for the Blues and they would hope for more of the same.

While players who occupy a ‘trequartista’ role abroad sometimes struggle to find their feet in the Premier League, Marko Marin seems more likely to try and make the transition into a wide midfielder, and it remains to be seen how well that transition might go.

http://www.soccercli...tottenham-marin

He has already punished Tottenham, can't go wrong with this lad! ;)

Haha, that was the first time I ever saw him play live. I think he could be a good signing for us, he has the pace and skill to be a tricky customer.

Thats a really good signing dear little Roman and your board. He will be a top classic player here at CFC absolutely no doubt.

By the way about (in)consistent has shit to do about age, only a kiddo would come with such bullshit. :D

He has a bad reputation in Germany.

And Podolski, Müller, Reus, Götze and Schürrle are all good wingers so I can understand this desicion.

Julian Draxler is a extraordinary german Talent! In my opinion as talented as Götze!

Marko is not the Player Jogi Löw likes too.