Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a wise idea to judge if his the right man based in 3 months, but the fact is he is a superb coach. Really, really great. He deserves more than managing national teams like Russia, Turkey and South Korea.

A South Korea team he led to the 2002 World Cup Semi-final. Which only lost 1-0 to Germany

If that's not good coaching, I don't know what is..

Again, Hiddink career is not restricted to his 3 months spell at Chelsea.

Its not a wise idea to judge if his the right man based in 3 months, but the fact is he is a superb coach. Really, really great. He deserves more than managing national teams like Russia, Turkey and South Korea.

So in this case his 3 months spell at least show us that he still know what it takes to manage a team. He was the one who started to use Anelka + Drogba, and Carlo used that system when his "diamond" didn't worked.

Fair point, But the reason Scolari was playing Anelka up top on his own was because Drogba was injured/out of form, I feel that if we got Drogba back fit and in good form before Scolari got sacked, He would have had to accomdate them in some way together, i.e The 4-3-3, which seemed the only way to get the best of out our team.

As for his jobs with National teams, You can also refer to Scolari, great coach for Brazil, goes into club football and struggles. Hiddink didn't, but Hiddink was in charge for 3 months, We won't know what he can do in the window until he gets the chance with Roman's backing.

A South Korea team he led to the 2002 World Cup Semi-final. Which only lost 1-0 to Germany

If that's not good coaching, I don't know what is..

I don't understand your point, since in my post I said Hiddink is a great coach and he deserves more than managing teams that have few chances of winning tournaments.

Fair point, But the reason Scolari was playing Anelka up top on his own was because Drogba was injured/out of form, I feel that if we got Drogba back fit and in good form before Scolari got sacked, He would have had to accomdate them in some way together, i.e The 4-3-3, which seemed the only way to get the best of out our team.

As for his jobs with National teams, You can also refer to Scolari, great coach for Brazil, goes into club football and struggles. Hiddink didn't, but Hiddink was in charge for 3 months, We won't know what he can do in the window until he gets the chance with Roman's backing.

Scolari is a primitive coach, He said in one interview to a french magazine that he would never use the two together because he would lose the battle in the midfield. dry.gif

I don't understand your point, since in my post I said Hiddink is a great coach and he deserves more than managing teams that have few chances of winning tournaments.

Yeah, I'm backing it up, that's all :lol:

Hiddink's speciality is breezing into jobs and effecting startlingly quick upturns in fortune from players often low on confidence. "He gave us the belief that we could beat anyone" said Lee Young-pyo, the South Korea defender while Roman Pavlyuchenko, the Russia striker, added that Hiddink "gives players confidence, which for a footballer is a very important thing".

This is very important to look for in a coach.

Player psychology is quite important in football. It's how Ferugson manages to hype his team up, and it's reflected when they play! He does the hair-drier treatment which is effective, but Hiddink gives hope & installs positive passion which is even more effective! And they were Koreans remember, if he can inspire a team like South Korea to beat the likes of Italy & Spain then imagine his English when he'd hype up our squad!

He's my favourite at the moment, I don't see it happening though. For as good as he is, he's also loyal. He won't abandon Turkey for us..

Has anyone considered Kalou in a player/coach role? No? Just me eh? Well f*ck the lot of you.

:Goober:

LMAO.

I was thinking Albert Ferrer myself.. Bring him out retirement to support Torres :eyebrows:

Yes LDN you know it makes sense! I would take midtable finish/ relegation battle to see this. He'd play himself every game for 90 minutes. Please let this happen...

Right, I'll call up Veron, from the Yellow Pages!

This shall be awesome :D

Yeah LDN, he's my favorite now after thinking a bit. Van Basten and Rijkaard are a risk, Boas/Mourinho/Pep will not come and that leaves us with Hidink and Redknapp.

Maybe if we can get Hiddink for next season then hire Van Basten as the assitant manager (since according to rumours Hiddink advise him to us) and see what he's made of...

Maybe if we can get Hiddink for next season then hire Van Basten as the assitant manager (since according to rumours Hiddink advise him to us) and see what he's made of...

Certainly would help the "support" staff argument.