Top Posters In This Topic

Out:

Anelka

Malouda

Bosingwa

Hilario

Zhirkov

Kalou ?

In: Its realy depends in what formation we are going to play...

Left/Right winger (Neymar, Ashley Young, Alexis Sanchez,

Another Left/Right winger? (if Drogba leaves so we can buy another one, if not, maybe play with just one of the above).

Young midfielder- Nuri sahin. I think Lampard, essien and him is a fantastic midfield.

RB- Gregory van der Wiel ? if bosingwa is out.

GK- We need a proper replace for cech. Its not a first or second priority for the summer but it would be great to bring Begovich for example.

Roman Abramovich is Chelsea's problem as well as the solution

http://www.guardian....+%28Football%29

The most telling detail about Chelsea's 2010‑11 campaign is that the players chose not to respond to the exhortations from Ancelotti to return to their old winning ways. They may still like him, but fear is noticeably absent.

Hayward writes this as if it is just that easy.

Imagine the players at the end of the season doing an interview and saying;

"All the lads got together to decide if we wanted to return to our old winning ways but someone pointed out that the gaffer isn't very scary so we decided against it"

^ one of the responses to the article, lmao

It all depends on what you mean by overhaul. I think bringing in 3 players is the best thing.

IN: Neymar (i need not to give my reasons)

Sanchez (that winger we've been missing)

Ozil (yes i know its a dream but ohh that boy is creative.)

OUT: Anelka (he can't use his pace, probably due to age)

Kalou (No chance for him if we get Neymar, he'll look like a 12year old with no skills)

Fereira (been a good servant, but age, and ease the wage bill)

Hilario (even in the reserves, he messes up big time, so promote one of the reserve keepers, Rhys taylor or walker)

I'm getting more rumours that Ancelotti is asked for Van der Wiel, Sanchez and Neymar. but wants to offload, Anelka, Kalou, Malouda and Fereira and Bos.

I honestly dont think we need Van Der Weil even if Bossy and Paulo goes? £18m for a RB who will play 2nd fiddle to Ivan? no thanks, it will be Yuri Zhirkov all over again. Why dont we just bring through Billy Clifford?

I don't honestly think we need to splash out on a creative midfielder, we have our very own homegrown and chomping at the bit sensation that cost absolutely nowt, he's good enough and ready who gives a fuck if he is 18 because i fucking do not. Sahin if we can get him for £5m but if not just leave it to Josh.

Wingers should be our TOP priority, id have Robben back tommorow and Neymar, those 2 supporting Drogba/Torres and were laughing.

Drogba we should keep if he is prepared for a lesser role, am i the only one who thinks he could do the right hand side Anelka job well, left backs are hardly known for their strength this could be a area we exploit by playing Drog there but would his ego let him watch Fernando take center stage up front? but his age shouldn't matter it hardly affected Zola did it? smiliecap1.gif

Anelka and Malouda ill always appreciate for what they have done for the club but its time to move on i think.

Lampard has been struggling this season, how about lesser his role and when he does play he will be more fresh and ready to bang in the goals, ever heard of less is more? i strongly believe he can do a Giggs if handled right.

Sturridge and Kakuta deserve to come back and be given a shot next season, Kakuta maybe via a short term loan.

Also am i the only 1 desperate for Conor Clifford to be given a shot? he is a battler and a leader and has got big game player written all over him could be our Darren Fletcher in that respect (say what you like about Fletcher but you cant deny he is a key big game player for Utd).

Chalaboah and Aziz IMO need 1 more year before being considered for regualar 1st team action.

I stopped reading that article here "Chelsea Manager No6".

Hayward is a prize pillock, ALL of the stuff he writes is pure garbage, your better off seeing who writes the article and then deciding wether you will read it, could save you from wasting 5 minutes of your life you will never get back.

I honestly dont think we need Van Der Weil even if Bossy and Paulo goes? £18m for a RB who will play 2nd fiddle to Ivan? no thanks, it will be Yuri Zhirkov all over again. Why dont we just bring through Billy Clifford?

I'm strongly disagree here. If Bosingwa and Paulo are sold, we need to buy someone to fill the gap. Okay, Billy is doing well with the Academy, but what if Ivanovic is injured for 6 months ? Does he is good enough to be a titular in this situation ? Maybe, maybe not. I do not think we can put our hope in a player who has yet to play a professional game. And Ivanovic isn't a right back, therefor I think we need to have a proper real (and good) right back in our team. Though I'm agree on the fact that we should give Clifford a chance to see what he is made of.

I don't honestly think we need to splash out on a creative midfielder, we have our very own homegrown and chomping at the bit sensation that cost absolutely nowt, he's good enough and ready who gives a fuck if he is 18 because i fucking do not. Sahin if we can get him for £5m but if not just leave it to Josh.

Yes we need to buy a creative midfielder. And yes McEachran has the potential to be our futur playmaker/creative midfielder. But he is too young to play all kind of games. I do believe he is able to start the games against the like of Wigan, West Brom, West Ham et al. But against the likes of ManUtd, ManCity, etc... with their dirties cunts, he will be kill by Scholl, Fletcher, De Jong... And what when he will be injured, will we play without creativity ? We saw what we achieved without creativity.

My final word : I think you expect too much from our youngsters. They still have a long way to play with the first team. And I think that this is too dangerous to don't buy new players because we have some good prospects. And we can buy new players who are 22-23 years old without forget to give playing time to the players coming from the academy.

Looking back on this season, it's clear to see we need an overhaul more than anything because a majority of our players are getting on 30 or well into their 30s; and we've suffered a massive crisis during that period.

One thing that must NOT change is the changing of manager!

Guest justin_3d

Players to leave:

Anelka. Anelka might want to leave to the MLS, and is time he goes to make space for a younger player. Like Sturridge or any new striker we buy.

Malouda. Another player on his last year, that has to make some room for a younger player to come in. He did said he wanted to finish his career in Brazil...so maybe a swap for a brazilian player plus cash would not be a bad idea...if that's what Malouda wants. So he has to go to make place for a winger or Kakuta.

Bosingwa. His head and heart are not in the team. If he wants to leave then sell him. Replacement will have to come in a player like Van der Wiel.

Kalou. I like this player a lot because of his simplicity and humility. But i think it might be time to look elsewhere. And even he has said that maybe at the end of the season he will assess his situation and might have to look elsewhere.

He might like to move along with Frank Arnesen to Hamburgh. If he leaves the player to take his place is Sanchez on the wings.

After that, any other players that leave will be at the discretion of the club. But these changes have a great chance of materializing

Players to come:

Winger, RB, and Creative midfield.

There is a big list out there so i will give some name and then point out to my favorites.

Striker: Neymar, Lukaku, Cavani o Aguero.

Winger: Alexis Sanchez

Creative Midfield: Javier Pastore, Ganso, Alan Dzagoev o Hamsik

RB: Van der Wiel.

From these, priority for me falls in the winger first. And that only name that tops all is Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez should be our number one priority in the summer.

After that, if we sell Bosingwa then Van Der Wiel should be our second priority.

And third is my creative force, which for me my favorite is Javier Pastore. He really can have that cutting edge that Chelsea is lacking, to link up with our new attacking style with Carlo. But his price is something to consider.

If Chelsea can hustle Palermo like they did with Benfica when we got David Luiz, then it will be awesome.

So i see these 3 as very vital in the summer. Anything else Chelsea gets will be a surprise for me.

In the end, i don't think a major overhaul is needed. 4 or 5 players should leave and 3 should come in. While continuing to integrate more youth from our academy.And for god sakes, keep the dam manager at least till his contract finish!

I'm strongly disagree here. If Bosingwa and Paulo are sold, we need to buy someone to fill the gap. Okay, Billy is doing well with the Academy, but what if Ivanovic is injured for 6 months ? Does he is good enough to be a titular in this situation ? Maybe, maybe not. I do not think we can put our hope in a player who has yet to play a professional game. And Ivanovic isn't a right back, therefor I think we need to have a proper real (and good) right back in our team. Though I'm agree on the fact that we should give Clifford a chance to see what he is made of.

Maybe bring a RB in but chances are they will be 2nd choice to Ivan's unless they get a lucky break similar to his own at Anfield so spending £18m on one isnt a good idea and imo will be like Yuri all over again.

Id love Xabi alonso And robben. But i would see robben being more likely if bayern do not secure CL football. but i would say its worth A enquiry. Strikers wise Sturridge MUST Be given chances the boy has shown some good signs at bolton And i reckon he should be given his chances. Out wise well hilario for me and promote A youth keeper for me if they fail bring in A loan keeper or something. midfield wise hamsik would be good too but i fear the asking price would be excess high. But yeah like robben worth a enquiry about imo

Lalkovic and borini would be interesting to look at next season. Would like to see them have a few games in blue whether it be A cup or a minor prem game

I'd say we're okay for strikers...

Anelka is a holding midfielder.

Maybe bring a RB in but chances are they will be 2nd choice to Ivan's unless they get a lucky break similar to his own at Anfield so spending £18m on one isnt a good idea and imo will be like Yuri all over again.

I think you are overrating Ivanovic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he is poor or stuff, he has been a really good right back for us this year and the last year. But you sound like he is unrivaled at the right back spot and that nobody can top him. And I think it is way too much adamant to say that the new righ back will just be the 2nd choice.

This season highlighted another thing, is that we absolutely need competition for each position. I believe it would be dumb to do not have someone whom has a very good potential so that Ivanovic keeps performing. So, to me, this is unthinkable to have just a center back for the right back spot.

Here's another reason why I think we need to buy a right back : The problem is that Ivanovic isn't a right back. We can't have a team without a right back... You've just witnessed what happen when you don't have wingers, haven't you ? Furthermore, we need diversity, even if Ivanovic is doing a terrific job, he doesn't add to the team what a righ back would add. At some point we will need pace, speed and technic at this spot.

And we got to keep in mind that Terry won't get any younger, and at some point he will be benched. I honestly think his successor should be Ivanovic. So at that moment, the right back X (the one we will buy this summer) will take this position...