The Doubters

Shane

I get sick of the fact how people at school say to me, ''you lost to liverpool, when with the players Chelsea have they should be winning 5-0''. Like what the hell?, no team in the world can be expected to win 5-0 every single game, no matter what the players they have or money.

Exactly!! And Carlo said that way back at the beginning of the season as well..it isnt a playstation game something along those line.Dont understand why there was so much moaning about a 1-0 win..its three points!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar could be said about you.

I disagree. You are a Chelsea fan, and you can even say you are "more" fan than me, since you are english and you were probably born as a Chelsea supporter...but I just personally thinks your thoughts about Ancelotti are wrong, and keeping him will not help the club, and I also dont think you have good points in this subject ( keeping or sacking Carlo ). Thats all.

I disagree. You are a Chelsea fan, and you can even say you are "more" fan than me, since you are english and you were probably born as a Chelsea supporter..

That is a piss poor assumption. We may have different views but at the end of the day we support the same club.

I disagree. You are a Chelsea fan, and you can even say you are "more" fan than me, since you are english and you were probably born as a Chelsea supporter...but I just personally thinks your thoughts about Ancelotti are wrong, and keeping him will not help the club, and I also dont think you have good points in this subject ( keeping or sacking Carlo ). Thats all.

We both have the same right to express our opinions. I can think that you are wrong too. Your opinion isn't Newton's law or Maxwell equation, my dear friend Henrique

I must say I’m on the fence on weather Carlo should stay or go. I agree with Bluelion saying that it is quite fascinating to see the difference of opinion between our supports debate is good keeps us interesting though we don’t want to end up constantly arguing with each other .

At the end of the day we have no say in what happens to Carlo or the club , where just here for the ride so enjoy it , id much rather be debating over who gets are next prem title than over who can get us out of mid-table obscurity.

Carlo has done things right and wrong i think the main thing we are worried about is his inability to change a game when it is going wrong maybe he cant motivate the team ? I’m not going to criticize him tactically because I’m not going to pretend I’m the guru of tactics. If we do get rid of Carlo we need someone brand new with fresh ideas on where to take the club , yes having Mourniho back would be great but in all honestly its not going to happen and if it did it might tarnish his legacy here. Guss is a great manager but i remember reading him saying he hasn’t got the time to take a club and build some sort of long successful reign because of his age? he would just be another Stop-gap between managers.

The issue is world class managers / coach's don’t grow on trees , Whatever happens I’m fully behind the club and hope next season will be a significant improvement.

That's exactly my opinion. Some people are far too doom and gloom. If we change nothing in the summer as far as the management goes, and we win the EPL, what do they say then? Or do they just come up with arguments saying "well we should have won it anyway, we have the best squad" etc. etc. Usual old cynical, pessimistic bullshit that only crops up when we lose.

That's exactly my opinion. Some people are far too doom and gloom. If we change nothing in the summer as far as the management goes, and we win the EPL, what do they say then? Or do they just come up with arguments saying "well we should have won it anyway, we have the best squad" etc. etc. Usual old cynical, pessimistic bullshit that only crops up when we lose.

What if we're awful all season then what? Blame malaria,injuries,lack of depth,selling Ballack and Deco,players under performing,Ray Wilkins departure,torres' arrival,Roman's fault.

Roman must have kept choosing an unfit Drogba.

Roman must have elected Ferreira ahead of Bruma at centre back.

Roman chose Ferreira as a sub when needing 2 goals.

Roman chooses to give Torres sub appearances here and there destroying his confidence more.

Roman kept persisting with lamps when he was woeful.

Roman kept persisting with the usual midfield that got out passed and out fought every week.

Roman never rests players.

Roman never gives youth a chance.

Roman never rotates the squad.

Damn you Roman stop interfering.

Change the record, please. After four months its getting a little bit repetitive.

Instead of slagging of fellow Chelsea fans and calling them nasty names that begin with C an calling them spoilt, why not counter arguments and tell us reasons why Carlo is the right man?

Nasty words that begin with C... erm, cynic? Because that is all it is, cynicism. I have faith in Ancelotti because of his achievements within two years at Chelsea. Granted this season has been nothing but a disappointment, but you can attribute that to particular things such as the squad being too small to begin with. It is something that many of us were saying at the start of the season - we knew as soon as we suffered a few injuries we would be up Shit Creek without a paddle, and we were absolutely correct. I don't think its fair to blame Ancelotti for the fact the squad only got smaller and weaker over the summer, and you can't blame anyone at all for the bad luck we had with injuries. The measure of any good side is seen in the way how they cope with injuries, yet when you're missing your two best goalscorers in Drogba and Lampard, we're bound to struggle. Filter in the point that we have an ageing squad that can only play so well, and I think over the period of 24 months he has come in, inherited a squad that is not suited to his style of play yet come in and guided us a Double and what looks likely to be a second-placed finish the season after.

My faith in Ancelotti has been shaken, but I am going to stand by a man who I have rigorously defended in the past. He signed a three year contract, so we might as well give him that third year for him to reestablish himself in the mind of the supporters. Last season when we were beating teams 7-0 he could do no wrong - funny how times have changed. Ancelotti can only be blamed so far for the catastrophic capitulation we endured - the greatest blame lies with the fact our squad is too small. Too few players means nothing but players playing more games, and that means tiredness and fatigue. Add in the fact there is next to no competition for places (though part of this is because Ancelotti does have his favourites), and it is clear to see why we have fallen short this season.

With a productive summer - in terms of bringing in new players. A season like this was bound to happen, you can't expect players like Drogba to carry on playing like they were in their mid-twenties. Bring in some fresh blood, drop the negativity and see what happens next season. We had a season exactly like this in 08/09, but because Hiddink came in a papered over the cracks with an FA Cup win, there were few words of concern. He came in and laid down the blueprint for success in the immediate future, but that has been undermined by a ridiculously small squad. Now we have to regroup and rebuild, and we will come again.

At the end of the day this boils down into the same old argument, featuring recycled points and churning out opinions that have been stated a million times before. This is basically a disagreement between those who choose to Keep The Faith and those that want change. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed about this season too and I think we need an almighty shake-up. I just think the faith that was shown in Ancelotti was very fickle, and it disappoints me further to see how people can offer blank words as an argument.

Many will remember (particularly Madmax) I always blamed the size of the squad for the failures, back in November. I actually think with a bigger, more dynamic squad, Carlo can bring success back to us. However that, of course, involves him getting more say in transfers. We don't actually know if he's involved or not, Wilkins said he'd wanted Torres since last summer, so who knows.

But I do think Carlo, with a larger squad, can achieve success.