The Doubters

Shane

3 years.

3 years it took Sir Alex Ferguson to win a trophy at Man United, being the FA Cup.Only in the third did people start calling for him to be sacked.

Less than 1 year.

Less than 1 year it took Carlo Ancelloti to achieve a historic double for Chelsea. Less that ONE YEAR later, Fans are calling for his head, Why? Because players aren't performing. The negativity towards Carlo Ancelloti on here is ridiclious. He goes 1 season without winning a trophy and people are calling for him to be sacked? People are calling for Jose to come back in?

We will NEVER move forward as a football club if Mourinho comes back, He's gone, Its over, Goodbye, FORGET ABOUT IT! Mourinho was not a superman, Mourinho lots and lots of money to spend, Carlo really only bought Ramires, Luiz and Benayoun, and 2 out of 3 look like they will really benefit the team in the long run, While Benayoun has been unlucky to be out all season injured. Guus Hiddink is no superman either, As Tomo stated, If it wasn't for a goal line clearence by Deco of all people, we would have thrown away a 4-0 lead at home to Bolton.

On top of that, Guus Hiddink never gave youth a chance, People say Carlo doesn't, But Carlo had Josh McEachran training with the seniors when he was 17, Also gave him sub apperances, and started Kakuta in a Champions League game, Before sending them on loan to Premeirship clubs.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, But certain members on Talk Chelsea need to realise that you can't just sack a manager everytime the going gets tough. Sack Carlo now, But it would just be the same story again, Someone else comes in, Trophyless season and fans wanting them sacked.

Give him a chance FFS, He won a double in his first season, and also has 2 Champions League winners medals to his name, Just as much as Jose "Our Lord and Saviour" Mourinho.

Keep the Faith.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clap.gif If i could i would have given this article unlimited rep.

What id find interesting is if the unthinkable happens and Carlo is sacked/leaves and one of Jose or Guus comes back and it doesn't have the desired effect, what then?

clap.gif If i could i would have given this article unlimited rep.

What id find interesting is if the unthinkable happens and Carlo is sacked/leaves and one of Jose or Guus comes back and it doesn't have the desired effect, what then?

Hmm, If Hiddink doesn't work, Mourinho, If Mourinho doesn't work, GRANT! If Grant doesn't work, Ranieiri! And if Ranieri doesn't work, ANCELLOTI!

Jose you suck, go back to Portugal / Guus, you fat oldie, you shoulda stayed with Turkey!

so now Mourinho and hiddink suck !!!

O.K. let's discuss carlo's impressive double ..

we started last season by scratching results which is not a bad thing but we were not playing good football neither , that was because of the amazing diamond he used , everyone including my 9 years old brother knew the diamond is not working and that teams has figured out how to face carlo's exceptional diamond . he didn't care about lamps is misused in this formation , he didn't care that malouda who was then in the greatest formof his life has no place in the diamond . i know he was experimenting with his new team but i guess if i can figure out this formation is not gonna work then any good manager would have known that before i do .

anyways he insisted on using the diamond untill the african cup of nations , where he was forced to use a 4-3-3 because there were no Drogba , or kalou so he had only one striker .... and just then he realized that this one suits us more , we had a lot of bad moments last season as well and personally i wasn't impressed at all by our game-play except for the last month or two .

Man utd had their worst season in 20 years after they lost their best 2 players and top scorers and still they were 1 point behind us , even though we had a superb squad full of world-class stars and their only world class star by then was rooney ....!!! on our home game vs. man utd , carlo were out played by ferguson tactically and he looked like he is incapable of finding a solution , in our 2nd leg we played united without their only star (rooney) and we won by an offside goal for Drogba , everyone was and still praising carlo for his master-stroke to leave Drogba out while this game should have been an easy win with or without Drogba ...

against inter , do i need to point to the fact that carlo was humiliated on a tactical level by mourinho home and away ??

his misjudgment and disability to know the abilities of the player is another disaster , as on many times he chose the wrong players in the wrong positions like playing lamps on the tip of the diamond , ferrera as a CB , torres instead of Drogba ..... etc.

and he is not a good motivation-er as well , as we all know what those players are capable of , and what he is getting out of them .

In my own opinion , i think we could have won the double last year even if Grant was in charge as there were no one else capable of being a real threat to challenge us to the title .

please if you think carlo should stay because he is a good coach tactically and you like his man-management skills then i will be very interested in discussing this , but if your only reason is stability then pardon me but that's fuckin bullshit ......

Stability is needed but i would rather be stable as a top club rather than being stable as an average club , give a look at arsenal they do have stability don't they !! but stability is not everything, is it?

I would rather be stable as a top club rather than being stable as an average club, give a look at arsenal they do have stability don't they !! but stability is not everything, is it?

Exactly.

Stability for the sake of stability is illogical.

Manchester was a team that was years without trophy when SAF was named coach.

Do you think that after SAF retires, any Manchester manager would survive 3 trophyless seasons ? Chelsea today is not what Manchester was back in late 80s.

A team who spend 50m in one single player is not supposed to have 3 trophyless seasons. This is business baby, Chelsea is not only a football club, but also a big company. Chelsea has to consolidate his status as one of the great clubs in Europe, has to increase his numbers of supporters around the world, has to sell as many Torres shirts as possible...we cant afford to have stability without trophies and glories. Doesnt matter what the romantics say.

As long as Chelsea aims to become the biggest club in the world, Carlos record in this season is just unacceptable. And after a period of two years with stability, its proved now that he is not the right man for that goal. Time to move on and try someone else.

I want to keep Ancelotti, there's only one doubt i have. I'm not angry that we've won nothing this year at all, because every club goes through this. And we should be greatful or where we are in the league, when you have teams in relegation zone. However the only doubt i have is if Ancelotti is the right manager to rotate Chelsea and create the new Chelsea generation which we may desperately need. I'll do my best to keep the faith, but i still want to keep Ancelotti.

so now Mourinho and hiddink suck !!!

O.K. let's discuss carlo's impressive double ..

we started last season by scratching results which is not a bad thing but we were not playing good football neither , that was because of the amazing diamond he used , everyone including my 9 years old brother knew the diamond is not working and that teams has figured out how to face carlo's exceptional diamond . he didn't care about lamps is misused in this formation , he didn't care that malouda who was then in the greatest formof his life has no place in the diamond . i know he was experimenting with his new team but i guess if i can figure out this formation is not gonna work then any good manager would have known that before i do .

anyways he insisted on using the diamond untill the african cup of nations , where he was forced to use a 4-3-3 because there were no Drogba , or kalou so he had only one striker .... and just then he realized that this one suits us more , we had a lot of bad moments last season as well and personally i wasn't impressed at all by our game-play except for the last month or two .

Man utd had their worst season in 20 years after they lost their best 2 players and top scorers and still they were 1 point behind us , even though we had a superb squad full of world-class stars and their only world class star by then was rooney ....!!! on our home game vs. man utd , carlo were out played by ferguson tactically and he looked like he is incapable of finding a solution , in our 2nd leg we played united without their only star (rooney) and we won by an offside goal for Drogba , everyone was and still praising carlo for his master-stroke to leave Drogba out while this game should have been an easy win with or without Drogba ...

against inter , do i need to point to the fact that carlo was humiliated on a tactical level by mourinho home and away ??

his misjudgment and disability to know the abilities of the player is another disaster , as on many times he chose the wrong players in the wrong positions like playing lamps on the tip of the diamond , ferrera as a CB , torres instead of Drogba ..... etc.

and he is not a good motivation-er as well , as we all know what those players are capable of , and what he is getting out of them .

In my own opinion , i think we could have won the double last year even if Grant was in charge as there were no one else capable of being a real threat to challenge us to the title .

please if you think carlo should stay because he is a good coach tactically and you like his man-management skills then i will be very interested in discussing this , but if your only reason is stability then pardon me but that's fuckin bullshit ......

Stability is needed but i would rather be stable as a top club rather than being stable as an average club , give a look at arsenal they do have stability don't they !! but stability is not everything, is it?

Great post, a very convincing point. I'm one of the ones that wants Carlo to stay but i cannot argue with what you said. Even this season when we beat Man United and Man City, when both big teams are playing 4-4-2 and basically the same way, it mainly comes down to player qualities, our players are better and really did come out of there shells second half to win it. The Man City game, well that didn't look like a threat to be honest, Man City were poor, Yaya was giving the ball away a lot, Kolorov damaged his price tag, Dzeko didn't look the threat, and Silva couldn't do anything past our defence. To be honest i doubt Tevez would of done much our defence played well, like they have all season. The only player who was constantly stopping us getting through the defence was De Jong, and he was playing defensive midfield to.

We rode of luck many times last season. I'm stubborn but i can be convinced, this has opened my eyes, i still have faith in Carlo, i have to. We owe him respect no matter what. But tactically he hasn't been impressive, i'm not obsessed in the Champions league, infact i was very happy that we were runners up, and that is a great accomplishment. We shouldn't be to obsessed in it, the thing is who just who could be Chelseas manager?, besides Mourinho because it isn't going to happen guys.

The manager of Porto has done brilliant, they dominate the league and are miles head and probably won the league already. Heard they play great football to, really hope porto win the Europa league, it could show something.

Let's say we do bring in Mourinho or Hiddink back, and we go another year without a trophy. Then what? Sack them again and look for someone new?

Of course trophies are very important , i mean that is what every top team is aiming for but my main concern is not trophies .

so regardless the fact that we lost the EPL , UCL and both cups ... my main concern is carlo is not the right man for this job.

Man utd are really lucky but i don't believe that trophies are won only by luck so there has to be another explanation , mine is that even though we have a much better squad and starting 11 , they have a much much better manager in SAF . and when you start looking at the strengths and weaknesses of carlo you will notice that his weaknesses outnumbers his strengths .... as a matter of fact i can't find one thing that he excels at , not a tactical genius , not a great motivation-er , doesn't posses great management skills , not great with the youth and not a strong personality .

when hiddink lost in the semis against barca no one could blame him and no one said that he is a bad manager , but the same can't be said about carlo .... i could have understand if we lost to barca or real in the UCL or if Man-utd won the league with a better squad like what they had back when ronaldo and tevez were around . but the truth is we have a squad which is 100 times better than united's and 10000000 times better than arsenal's but still they are 1st , 2nd and we are 3rd .

my point is as long as the manager is doing the right things , making the right decisions and getting the best possible outcome from his players no one can blame him . but is carlo doing so ??

in our 2nd leg we played united without their only star (rooney) and we won by an offside goal for Drogba ,

You made some good points but you failed to mention that macheda also scored from a handball. In any case we scored one more legitimate goal than them.

Since Abramovich came to Chelsea and Torres came to Liverpool. It didn't took long before everybody knew Abramovich liked Torres and a transfer to Chelsea wasn't unthinkable. Since Torres said in the media he's a real Liverpudlian, i thought a transfer to Stamford Bridge would be impossible. Where i was totally not sad about! Since Abramovich bought Torres, a player that is a whole year (not a season) totally invisible and played terrible at the WC! When he bought him i already knew this wouldn't be a good buy. BUT i'm even more mad at Abramovich for this: if your a trainer of Chelsea (Ancelotti) and your boss buys Torres then your as trainer in trouble. If you don't put Torres in the first eleven he gets mad because he spend 58m on him, but if you do put him in the first eleven and you lose he still will be mad.

What's your point? Mourinho will out-think 499 of 500 managers.

Personally, I feel fucking disgusted by some of the spoilt wankers who call themselves 'Chelsea supporters.' We've had a bad season, man the fuck up and look forward for the start of the next campaign. The people who are even starting to criticise our achievements last year are absolutely laughable - is the Double not good enough for you, should we have won the Quintuple? Spoilt.