Man United 2-1 Chelsea

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that IS our formation?

We played better in the last ten minutes with an 4-3-3 then we did for most of the whole game.

Didn't realise we played 4-3-3 last game. What about the previous games where 4-4-2 has worked and we went unbeaten.

CA: "You'll have to watch the game to work out if we're going to play with a 4-3-3 formation. If possible we have to control the game by controlling the possession. I picked Fernando up front because we want to play with a certain shape. The key is to win. We have to play 90 minutes at our best."

Didn't realise we played 4-3-3 last game. What about the previous games where 4-4-2 has worked and we went unbeaten.

But we have enough talent to make any system work against teams that aren't to the mark as Man United. Man Ure can work different formations, and so can we, but we have never really ventured into it. 4-3-3 is our strongest formation as we have used it for longer and have found large amounts of success with it. 4-4-2 is in the 'working' stages, so if i was Carlo i wouldn't use it in such an important game. Also i would have put Drogba on the wing.

But, who is to say it is a 4-3-3? It could be a 4-5-1 or even a 4-1-2-2-1.

Cech

Ivan - Alex - Terry - Cole

Rmaires/Essien

Lampard -- Ramires/Essien

Anelka -------------------------------- Malouda

Torres

Fergie: "We're at home and tactically we'll be much the same as the first game. Chelsea may change a bit but we can cope with that. I hope the team steps forward and produces a typical United performance. I guess I thought Drogba may have started but I'm not surprised that Torres has been picked. They've got a lot of good players."