Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical response. Just because he's Mourinho, doesn't mean he can do no wrong. People seem to forget that he has a bit of dodgy record when it comes to transfers, just like at Inter for example. In fact, all managers made dodgy purchases before. So, not sure why we have to immediately trust or believe the purchases Mourinho made is the right one. If we had other manager in charge instead, think even more of us would be questioning his decision to get Willian.

I wouldn't say that. Many questioned the arrival of Drogba too. People had a problem with Damien Duff arriving as well . They all have theirs ups and lows. The questioning is going out of hand. For pete's sake, there are loads of analysts , back room staff and people including Mourinho working on the transfer targets. It's not anymore the way, Roman bought Sheva, or how he went on to get Torres. People go much more in detail. Obviously they must of thought of something when the question of where he would play arises. Its WC year. Everyone's fighting for places. Even though he went to Anzhi to cover himself with Russian moolah's, he wants to impress Scolari too.

Cech

JT- Cahill- Luiz

Ramires- Oscar - KdB

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Jose pls

ROFLMAO. Thank god your not our manager.

If we are to try anything like that, it should prolly be smth like:

Cech

Azpi - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Luiz

Lampard

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Typical response. Just because he's Mourinho, doesn't mean he can do no wrong. People seem to forget that he has a bit of dodgy record when it comes to transfers, just like at Inter for example. In fact, all managers made dodgy purchases before. So, not sure why we have to immediately trust or believe the purchases Mourinho made is the right one. If we had other manager in charge instead, think even more of us would be questioning his decision to get Willian.

Bingo.

Remember that summer when he signed Pizarro, Sidwell and Ben Haim all at once? Now those were some really, really good transfers, am I doing it correctly?

Bingo.

Remember that summer when he signed Pizarro, Sidwell and Ben Haim all at once? Now those were some really, really good transfers, am I doing it correctly?

A completely different generation. Nowadays there is very little to go wrong. Many of us question this transfer like they expect us to have problems in fighting for silverware. Back to back premierships, innit?

As much as most of us are all paranoid and worry about Mata's future under Mourinho, it's somewhat ridiculous to say that a new signing will just come in and immediately bench our 'Player of the Year' for the past 2 seasons just like that. If anything, Willian needs to come in and prove he deserves a place in the starting XI, just like everybody else.

Well Jose's tactic seems to be that he wants two fast "dribblers" on either flank, which has been consistent over the years. Then again Mata hopefully will feature in his plans like Ozil did at Real as they are similar in the way that they stay forward and don't help in defense. However I'm certain that Mourinho will line up with Hazard and Willian on the flanks consistently

Well Jose's tactic seems to be that he wants two fast "dribblers" on either flank, which has been consistent over the years. Then again Mata hopefully will feature in his plans like Ozil did at Real as they are similar in the way that they stay forward and don't help in defense. However I'm certain that Mourinho will line up with Hazard and Willian on the flanks consistently

Agreed. Bring back the Robben and Duff days !

This isn't just Jose though - this is our scouting department who have been very good roughly since Emenalo came in, both in acquiring talent and developing them either in-house or putting them out on loan.

Sure people can say they might not fully understand this deal, but there is the small caveat that their footballing knowledge is rather minuscule in comparison to the people the club employs and their familiarity with the deal and the club's plans for this player are slightly above non-existent.

This isn't just Jose though - this is our scouting department who have been very good roughly since Emenalo came in, both in acquiring talent and developing them either in-house or putting them out on loan.

Sure people can say they might not fully understand this deal, but there is the small caveat that their footballing knowledge is rather minuscule in comparison to the people the club employs and their familiarity with the deal and the club's plans for this player are slightly above non-existent.

^Perfect. Exactly what I was talking about.

Bingo.

That would be the same summer that he moaned about not being given the right eggs to make a good omelette wasn't it? Suggests they weren't his preferred signings doesn't it?

(so that would probably be a no to your question)

As much as most of us are all paranoid and worry about Mata's future under Mourinho, it's somewhat ridiculous to say that a new signing will just come in and immediately bench our 'Player of the Year' for the past 2 seasons just like that. If anything, Willian needs to come in and prove he deserves a place in the starting XI, just like everybody else.

Why should anyone be paranoid? Mata is a great player but if Jose thinks the team can be more prosperous without him then I'm happy to trust him.

My friend from Russia who is big Anzhi fan told me that there are rumours in Makhachkala that we bought Eto'o with Willian. Owner wants to get rid of overpayed players and he told Chelsea that if they want Eto'o they must buy Willian and if they want Willian they must buy Eto'o. So maybe, this is the reason for this unexpected transfer?

I wouldn't say that. Many questioned the arrival of Drogba too. People had a problem with Damien Duff arriving as well . They all have theirs ups and lows. The questioning is going out of hand. For pete's sake, there are loads of analysts , back room staff and people including Mourinho working on the transfer targets. It's not anymore the way, Roman bought Sheva, or how he went on to get Torres. People go much more in detail. Obviously they must of thought of something when the question of where he would play arises. Its WC year. Everyone's fighting for places. Even though he went to Anzhi to cover himself with Russian moolah's, he wants to impress Scolari too.

All those questioning and analysis of players before buying them is normal even if it's different generation but it doesn't mean that the purchase will turn out to be a success at the end of it.

And questioning getting out of hand? Think I could turn around and say this treatment of Mourinho like a God and he can do no wrong is getting out of hand. Why we should necessarily immediately believe what he does is right just because he's Mourinho and it makes sense or it's right to him? Haven't you been in a situation in real life where someone else does something because he or she believe is right but you disagree or don't believe in it? Even you would probably question that person with what he or she is doing and having doubts, disagreement and/or questioning the decision in such situation is normal and it's nonsense to say it is getting out of hand.