Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people keep mentioning Lewandowski as a solution?

He's off to Bayern next season and he just got a nice pay-rise to stay motivated at Dortmund this season.

My main point is that we have other areas in need of investment, ST, DM and even another solid CB.

For Lewa in particular, I know his situation, but I can't believe another club hasn't put in a bid of say 30m for him just to see what would happen. Dortmund would obviously rather sell now and (even when I remove my blue glasses) it's not inconceivable that his head would be turned just a little bit if a CL club like us made the bid.

because its mou you know. if he signs someone, it has to be right. otherwise you are the idiot. delusional acting from our board, just plain delusional.

most people probably think he is a goal-scoring type of player because he scored 2 or 3 goals against us.

He does have his failings in the transfer market to be honest

Excuse me, but Chelsea will play around 60 games this season. Plenty of game time for everybody.

60 games for 3 positions = 180 games to be distributed over 6 players

On average that's 30 games a player assuming all equal. That's less playing time you'd get on 80% of the clubs worldwide because that's how good are bench players are going to be now.

Hazard - 45 games minimum

Mata - 40 games

Oscar - 40 games

Willian - 40 games

KDB - 15 games (not good enough)

Schurrle - 0 games (lol)

How else are you going to distribute it?

Jose said we are not going to sell anyone. Why are people assuming Mikel and ba could be sold. May be next window not this one for sure.

He also said Rooney or bust and we are only signing one player this window...

And he admits managers lie all the time

I'm all for trolling the spuds, but surely there must be a cheaper way to do so..

I can think of 99 more reasons but Willian aint one :D. On a serious note its just doesnt seem right signing him for depth unless we are paying way less than the initial figures being thrown around. I have a bad feeling abt this one to be honest

Jose said we are not going to sell anyone. Why are people assuming Mikel and ba could be sold. May be next window not this one for sure.

Wake up, he also said that Rooney was our only target this summer after the Schurrle and MvG signings and look how that has ended up.

I can't believe we haven't got a striker and a defensive mid yet.

Interesting...I think Mourinho will utilise him as a deep lying playmaker, and just use him like he used Alonso at Real Madrid. I know it's not his position, but he has the right qualities needed to excel there. Just imagine:

----------Rooney---------

Hazard---Mata------KDB

-----Willian----Ramires

60 games for 3 positions = 180 games to be distributed over 6 players

On average that's 30 games a player assuming all equal. That's less playing time you'd get on 80% of the clubs worldwide because that's how good are bench players are going to be now.

Hazard - 45 games minimum

Mata - 40 games

Oscar - 40 games

Willian - 40 games

KDB - 15 games (not good enough)

Schurrle - 0 games (lol)

How else are you going to distribute it?

You see, saying stuff like this is silly. Wait and see Mourinho's plans first! No way you can make projections like this when we don't about injuries, if there'll be a change in position for some players and things like that. And even so, if anybody knows how to rotate it's Jose.

Interesting...I think Mourinho will utilise him as a deep lying playmaker, and just use him like he used Alonso at Real Madrid. I know it's not his position, but he has the right qualities needed to excel there. Just imagine:

Hazard---Mata------KDB

-----Willian----Ramires

Lol, he really doesn't. You really haven't watched Willian play if you think he has any sort of capabilities to be a deep lying playmaker.

Hazard---Mata------KDB

-----Willian----Ramires

If this is not a new level of insanity then I don't know what is... Willian as a CDM, oh dear.

Maybe bring Luiz to ST if we don't sign Rooney too.

Of course he's not Willian's level. Moses cost us £7m, Willian will cost us £30m. That's not the debate here. The discussion is that we don't need to sign a player where our squad is the strongest for £30m. It means reduced playing time for talents like Oscar and KDB.

That area of our squad already matches the likes of Bayern and Real so there really isn't any need to spend another £30m in there when there are other areas in the squad that could use that £30m more effectively.

Other areas of the squad will be fixed in due time and there is no hurry or need to panic you say? Why the hell are we spending this £30m on an area that doesn't need to improve? Any shrewd business man would look to strengthen their weakest areas first rather than strengthening an area that doesn't need it at all. Why should we be content with spending an unnecessary amount when we're struggling in the pivot and up front? It really doesn't make sense.

I'll wait it out to see what happens over the next few days but as of now I'm very disappointed.

It doesn't quite match Bayern and Real like you say. Bayern play Ribery and Robben/Shaqiri a lot of times = double threat. Madrid used to play Ronaldo and Di Maria, until Carlo who's playing a weird 4-2-2-2 with Ronaldo as striker. Anyway the point is they had constant threats on both wings, and that is what Willian will be able to offer, in addition to Eden.

KDB, Oscar and Mata can play on the right, but they will keep drifting inside and can't take players on which won't help us against teams that sit-back like Villa did.

This is not just some "luxury signing". Mourinho won't pay 30m unless he has a need for the player. Because we don't know it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.