Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be a monumental blow for KDB, monumental..

Oscar & Mata ahead of him at CAM, and now a £30m(?) man 'in his prime' plus the rest.. all ahead of him on the wings (minus Moses, who's off anyway). I bet he's now thinking about that interest from Dortmund earlier in the summer..

It's not sentiment at all, it's the fact that you're basically okay with us selling one of the best players in the world for no reason that's ridiculous.

Mata is still the most creative player in the squad whatever you may say. It's ridiculous to get rid of one of our top players and give him to our title rivals just to get Wayne, thus strengthening them because Mata is a better number 10 than Rooney.

I really hope this is not the case.

This is not FIFA.

Sacrifice for a greater good. Life is not perfect, you don't get anything perfect. Yeah Mata maybe the most creative, but WHY can't Oscar/Kevin be better than him this season or is that impossible? It doesn't matter if Mata is better than Rooney at CAM, we will not use Rooney there but as an all out and out striker. In the ideal world you would keep Mata and sign Rooney but we both know that isn't possible atm.

Maybe, just maybe, we're going to take the Pep-Barcelona route and play without a proper striker...

we could have the false 9 with André for now, but I think Mourinho wants Eden to play there in the future - which seems a risky bet because he's very far from what I think requires to the position, but André can easily play as a false 9.

Let's wait and see. In Mou I trust - of course. And as any other human being he can make mistakes...

in Mou you trust ? Well, count me in. Much better picture, I might add.

I share most of your feelings, but you are underestimating Willian.

I'm not underestimating at all, I'm not calling Willian a bad player whatsoever, it's just that this signing is not needed whatsoever and that spending £30m on a player we don't need just doesn't make sense at all.

I haven't discussed the player's ability.

He got less than 20 goals but I understand what you are saying. I am not hating any Chelsea player. I can see beyond sentimental ideas that most of the fans on here share all the time. Sometime the best choice isn't the obvious or easy choice.

Let's say Oscar, Hazard and Willian all gonna have an amazing season, do we really gonna need Mata anymore? Don't forget when he was the star man in 11/12, NO BODY WAS AS CREATIVE AS HIM. Fuck me we had Malouda instead of Hazard and Yossi instead of Oscar. In 2012/13 there were those 2 but now we got Kevin and Schurrle, who are both great players so we don't need Mata as much anymore, we need Rooney or a top class striker leading the line because that is what we have been missing for quite some time now. And if it mean getting rid of Mata? So be it.

what the heck man, you aint being funny anymore

Then they need to fight for it, no body should be guaranteed starter. This isn't Weder Bremen or Bayer Leverkusen, where they are the best player in their position in the team. If they don't want to sit on the bench then START performing on the pitch. I doubt Jose will bench anyone out of hate(unless that player really piss him off like Casillas) and if they don't like that? I repeat again the door is always open to go.

Yeah but there will come a time after awhile where we'll see who is regarded as the 1st choice players in the starting XI and who is the 2nd. The 2nd ones won't be happy after some time. Moreover, most of these attacking players we have are still young. They need to play lots of games, but not all, to continue their growth and development as a player. Invariably, there will be some players being preferred more than others and some getting more game time than others, like it or not. OR even if they are to be rotated around like you're saying, it then won't bode well for everyone concern either because they won't get enough game time to make themselves better. It will only hinder their development.

Anyway, that isn't the main point here. Like I said to Sheva, purchasing Willian won't solve our immediate problem in the squad. Just merely reinforcing arguably our strongest area in the squad. And it's incredibly frustrating to see us yet again not buying the players that will first and foremost fix those ongoing problem within the squad - a ST & DM - before getting anyone else. It just seems like we're over indulging ourselves with yet more attacking midfielders behind the ST.

Edited by BluesMaster

don't assume that the deal is done yet. think Chelsea will wait for 3rd Rooney bid before pulling the trigger on Willian

Don't think so. Mourinho said he was an additional target to Wayne Rooney. Guess this means we'll hold out on reinforcing our DM position till the january transfer window. That's ok for me imo.