Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would've been nice to have seen us fight back to retain the title but in all fairness, if we were going to drop out of the race I'd rather have it happen now than later. We won the double when we lost to Inter last season so who knows what we can still achieve in the CL. KTBFF.

Then again, it's just me being optimistic, if I was a realist I'd say that we won't get past United with our current form.

Although we drew, can take lots of positives from the game because Cech was brilliant, Ramires was also very good but taken off to save him for weds, Lampard was better, Torres looked brilliant when he came on, he's sorted out his control i see.... Drogba looked hungry again and his header was the DD of last season and the biggest thing = We didn't lose although were on the back foot a fair bit. I'm actually pretty satisfied, nobody has a god-given right to win and you have to respect the opposition. Stoke were excellent and well worth a point, credit to em. When Fuller rose at the back post in the last couple of minutes, i though that was it. We battled and we survived and roll on wednesday.

Great game of premiership football. No complaints from me really, there's a fucking HUGE game on wednesday.

It would've been nice to have seen us fight back to retain the title but in all fairness, if we were going to drop out of the race I'd rather have it happen now than later. We won the double when we lost to Inter last season so who knows what we can still achieve in the CL. KTBFF.

Then again, it's just me being optimistic, if I was a realist I'd say that we won't get past United with our current form.

Stoke were really really physical. Man Utd don't play like that.

I was really mad after the match. It's just that I know Chelsea can be more capable than that! They weren't the Chelsea I know. It's ok the title is gone but we are able to end up in 2nd place or 3rd. I just analysed it and I got what they will end up with in the end of the season.

1st: Manchester United 84 points (losing 2 and winning the rest)

2nd: Chelsea: 79 points (winning all their next matches)

3rd: Arsenal: 76 points ( losing 3 and winning the rest)\

4th: Manchester City 71 points ( losing 2 and winning the rest)

So either 2nd or 3rd and I am happy WITH BOTH!!! Go Chelsea here we come CL

The fact that i'm not even that upset sums up our season.

Let's hope we'll somehow play a lot better against Man Utd.

And almost forgot, Malouda plays like he's 55 years old. If it was up to me, he'd be warming the bench for the rest of the season.

No question. Kenwyne Jones was the thorn in our side today. His strength is really impressive in front of goal, and our defence at times just couldn't handle him. You do have players like that in the Premier League. As for David Luiz. I still rate him as a top defender for us. It's only one game out of 5 other games he hasn't shown his class. Next match in the league, he will have a blinder of a match!!

Stoke were really really physical. Man Utd don't play like that.

It will be a battle of tactics between Carlo and SAF, United can give us the same troubles, if not more than Stoke.

If nothing else, the midfield needs an overhaul this summer. There's enough quality for the team to hold on and nail down a CL place. I'm not sure about the QT against United now. Really bizarre for Ancelotti to kill the midfield with his subs. You could see Stoke with more and more quality possession.

Problem for Wednesday is that Ancelotti can't bench Drogba after this game so does he with Anelka again? Or Torres?

As much as I want it to work, I don't see DD and FT playing together. I know they haven't had a lot of quality time but even though their styles are different, they both want to occupy the same space in and around the box.

It will be a battle of tactics between Carlo and SAF, United can give us the same troubles, if not more than Stoke.

Don't be afraid of MAn utd. They are just lucky.

Right first emotions are gone.

Was a poor second half though. After first half goal I though this can be saved, that a win is very much in our grasp. I'm not pissed that we dropped points as long as we finish in top4. Stoke were really physical and dirty. At some point they kept "getting hurt" and wasted time. Must say though that to come away with a point after they hit the post/bar 2-3 times is alright. Cech had a superb game. Malouda and Bosignwa just not up for it.

First half was ok,but the second was pretty much terrible.We had our chances to score but Stoke had at least 3-4 more.We conceded the league now it is more than obvious.Not too disappointed though!

Bring On United!

Get the fuck in you Blues!