Here we go again....

Wilson

This whole scenario is difficult to assess, Gourlay especially shouldn't be making comments like they will review Ancelotti's position at the end of the season but that doesn't mean it is a negative, as everybody has been assuming that he will get the boot if unsuccessful but they may offer him an extension. However he may resign anyway as its no secret he has been undermined & he hasn't said it publicly because the guy has class but I believe the Wilkins departure was the straw that broke the camels back & will go back to Roma.

Now for Jose, all this rubbish about him being our past doesn't cut it with me, if it were not for meddling by Roman with him buying Shevchenko instead of Eto who Jose wanted at the time & Arneson being given more clout as well as Grants appointment then I believe we would of won the CL by now - unfinished business?! He loves our club - no question, Roman & Jose have patched things up, if they can iron things out & meet in the middle (as Roman was right also as he wanted attacking football) then I can definitely see his return & I would welcome it, the guys a genius.

Jose's comments could also be a red herring as we know he got too our players before the CL tie with Inter last season & he maybe using the same tactic as he see's us as a serious threat - unlikely but a possibility. As I say its a difficult one that needs to be assessed at the end of the season but my moneys on a Jose return & Carlo leaving for Roma, it won't be the first or the last time I am wrong though! :smiliecap1:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-hiring Mourinho is taking about a dozen steps in the wrong direction.

People need to realise that, like Zola or Osgood, Mourinho is now just part of our history.

Agreed. I think for most of us it's, rather Mourinho with us than against us, our track record vs him isn't great so far :whistling:

Re-hiring Mourinho is taking about a dozen steps in the wrong direction.

People need to realise that, like Zola or Osgood, Mourinho is now just part of our history.

That's you're opinion fella, I would though like to ask you why its 'about a dozen steps in the wrong direction? How have you come to that conclusion?

Zola & Osgood are totally irrelevant as they were & remain legends as players, Jose can & would change us back to a the dominate force in the PL, He is the future not past, but unfortunately it may not happen.

I can't deny that if i heard that Carlo left and Jose came back, i'd be the happiest guy walking this planet. There just seems to be something 'special' about Mourinho and Chelsea, he's one of us. HE IS ONE OF US! To me, he feels like a Dennis Wise, JFH, Zola, Osgood, Dixon, Terry, Lampard.... i put Jose there. I don't know why and maybe it's unfair on those legends but Jose is Chelsea for me. I love him.

One of my all time proudest moments. He's a fucking legend and he belongs at Stamford Bridge.

Edited by OllieCFC

I'd like Ancelotti to stay because we change our managers more frequently then our players change their socks, and we played the most beautiful football in England last season under king Carlo. But still, Mourinho is my favorite manager, and if Carlo leaves, I'd like him to come back once more. He's a legend, and I can't understand why you guys don't want him back.

Things are fast changing in football and you can never know what happens, so we shall see.

combo--346x212.jpg?v=%3C%21--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

I can't deny that if i heard that Carlo left and Jose came back, i'd be the happiest guy walking this planet. There just seems to be something 'special' about Mourinho and Chelsea, he's one of us. HE IS ONE OF US! To me, he feels like a Dennis Wise, JFH, Zola, Osgood, Dixon, Terry, Lampard.... i put Jose there. I don't know why and maybe it's unfair on those legends but Jose is Chelsea for me. I love him.

One of my all time proudest moments. He's a fucking legend and he belongs at Stamford Bridge.

Agree it kinda took some pain of losing the league title (well as much as it can do under considering i was with about 20 man u fan mates.

You are right in evrey sense of the word but IMHO returning in the summer will be too soon.

Were in a re-building process in the next few years a fair few youngsters will be making progress to the 1st team, can you hand on heart say Jose will be the right man to do this?

What i would love for me is Carlo finishes the job by building this team bring Josh, Gael, Bruma etc etc through make Piazon and co into world beaters then if he wants to manage Italy or Roma Jose can take this team over and we can dominate Europe (if we aint doing so already).

Dont get me wrong i would LOVE Jose back one day LOVE HIM BACK ............................... but not yet.

That's you're opinion fella, I would though like to ask you why its 'about a dozen steps in the wrong direction? How have you come to that conclusion?

Zola & Osgood are totally irrelevant as they were & remain legends as players, Jose can & would change us back to a the dominate force in the PL, He is the future not past, but unfortunately it may not happen.

Because the one thing this club is crying out for is stability. That is planning for the long term. Mourinho is not a long-term manager - he will come here - win trophies, granted - but he will leave after Abramovich becomes involved (which, in my opinion, he is absolutely entitled to do, to a point), and will last a maximum of another three years. Look at Arsenal, United, or even Everton. The stability those teams have, particularly United, is part of the reason why they are so successful and have been over the last two decades. If we keep chopping and changing managers at the first sign of a bad run of form, long before it can be rectified, it might do the trick. But the fact of the matter is that this season represents the changing of the guard, and this transitional phase would have happened under any manager. We've seen the best out of the likes of Drogba and Lampard and Cole, and its time to move on and accept that with Ancelotti we can build towards an exciting future.

Because the one thing this club is crying out for is stability. That is planning for the long term. Mourinho is not a long-term manager - he will come here - win trophies, granted - but he will leave after Abramovich becomes involved (which, in my opinion, he is absolutely entitled to do, to a point), and will last a maximum of another three years. Look at Arsenal, United, or even Everton. The stability those teams have, particularly United, is part of the reason why they are so successful and have been over the last two decades. If we keep chopping and changing managers at the first sign of a bad run of form, long before it can be rectified, it might do the trick. But the fact of the matter is that this season represents the changing of the guard, and this transitional phase would have happened under any manager. We've seen the best out of the likes of Drogba and Lampard and Cole, and its time to move on and accept that with Ancelotti we can build towards an exciting future.

Sorry but 'stability' isn't a dozen reasons why Jose should not return although I do agree it is needed but I'm not sure it will under Roman's tenure. It's all well & good having stability but you must have the right manager in the seat, also the likes of Wenger & Ferguson have total control over everything - exactly what Jose wanted & part of the reason he went in the first place. The facts is Ancelotti let's things happen that could be detrimental to the club, Jose by contrast is no 'yes man' & therefore would put an end to what Ancelotti has had to endure & that is has been undermined.

For me there are only 2 negatives if you compare Ancelotti to Jose & 1 of those is a positive in a sense, the first one is under Carlo we continue to go for the jugular when we are 2 nil up, under Jose he would shut up shop. The second is the fact that Carlo is far more humble & dignified, shows humility to opponents & ref's., whilst Jose communicates differently by protecting his players & the attention is then on him.

Lastly, do you think we would be 6 points behind with 9 games to go or going through the worse spell of form in 15 years if Jose was still our manager? As I said its all hypothetical at this stage but if you gave me a choice at the end of the season then I would take Jose over Carlo every time, him & Roman just need to compromise.

Jose , was a great manager for us , but how many of you would still consider him a legend etc if he went to utd and city and beat us to the title year in year out. football is a fickle world , its hard to really attach anyone to a club any more there aren't many left like Terry who stick around from start to finish.

Jose , was a great manager for us , but how many of you would still consider him a legend etc if he went to utd and city and beat us to the title year in year out. football is a fickle world , its hard to really attach anyone to a club any more there aren't many left like Terry who stick around from start to finish.

If Carlo goes, then isn't that the reason we should do everything to reinstate him? You know where ever he goes he will make them title challengers.

Personally I wish him well - rival or not, the guy brought us our first title in 50 years & backed it up the next year. Winning the FA Cup final in 97 was a magic moment for me after 20 odd years of supporting heartache & only winning the title in 04/05 has got close to that.

Guest justin_3d

You guys still discussing this when i told you the media did not took all the quotes????

Mourinho said this:

Mou: "No me importaría firmar un nuevo contrato"

"Mi sensación es que están contentos con mi trabajo. Y si, después de los tres años que me quedan, sigo así, no me importaría hacer un nuevo contrato".

Here Mourinho said he does not mind signing a new contract with Real Madrid. That he feels that the club is happy with him. And that after his contract is over if he continues doing good, he will not mind signing a new contract!

So there is no coming back for Mourinho anytime soon if Real Madrid likes his job and keep him!

Sorry but 'stability' isn't a dozen reasons why Jose should not return although I do agree it is needed but I'm not sure it will under Roman's tenure. It's all well & good having stability but you must have the right manager in the seat, also the likes of Wenger & Ferguson have total control over everything - exactly what Jose wanted & part of the reason he went in the first place. The facts is Ancelotti let's things happen that could be detrimental to the club, Jose by contrast is no 'yes man' & therefore would put an end to what Ancelotti has had to endure & that is has been undermined.

For me there are only 2 negatives if you compare Ancelotti to Jose & 1 of those is a positive in a sense, the first one is under Carlo we continue to go for the jugular when we are 2 nil up, under Jose he would shut up shop. The second is the fact that Carlo is far more humble & dignified, shows humility to opponents & ref's., whilst Jose communicates differently by protecting his players & the attention is then on him.

Lastly, do you think we would be 6 points behind with 9 games to go or going through the worse spell of form in 15 years if Jose was still our manager? As I said its all hypothetical at this stage but if you gave me a choice at the end of the season then I would take Jose over Carlo every time, him & Roman just need to compromise.

I don't know why you keep mentioning a dozen, I used it figuratively :blink:

I see your point though. Funnily enough, I don't think we'd have gone through such a poor run under Mourinho, but I don't think we'd have done much better - the manager can only take so much of the blame.

I think it might be this...

1) Hiddink will join as a position other than Manager if his stint with Turkey does not goes well.

2) Carlo will be able to keep his job if he manages to win CL this season.

3) If Carlo fails point 2, then Jose will probably come back to finish his business with CFC to win the CL.

I don't know why you keep mentioning a dozen, I used it figuratively :blink:

I see your point though. Funnily enough, I don't think we'd have gone through such a poor run under Mourinho, but I don't think we'd have done much better - the manager can only take so much of the blame.

I knew where you were coming from but I think that using just stability as a sole reason is not enough to bring the special one home, I concur that we are sort of in transition but my moneys on Frank getting back to his best & will still be a key man for the next 2 seasons (injury free of course) Drogba's got another year at the top, whether that's with us remains to be seen, of the 3 you mentioned earlier Cole is the one that worries me, he has made some uncharacteristic mistakes this season & looks like he has lost half a yard of pace? His position doesn't worry me as we have some good young players coming through at LB, its replacing super Frank that does.

I agree that the manager can only take so much of the blame but when you have got players out of form you have to motivate them, for me Carlo should of dropped some ego's long before the rot set in, I'm not saying all at once as there were atleast 6 senior players struggling but more like 1 or 2 on different occasions to promote a reaction, they felt immuned from the chop & could keep performing below par as they knew they would be picked the fllowing week. I know we have improved because of the 2 January signings but It's no coincidence that since Carlo has dropped some senior players including Drogba, Maloulda, Mikel, Kalou & to a lesser extent Anelka our performances are a massive improvement to a couple of months ago & feel Jose would of kicked the changes in - in December so feel that he would if made a difference & would be confident of us being infront. its only because Utd & the Gooners are also dropping points that we have a sniff again, any normal season we would of been well out of it by now!