Banner For Roman at the bridge

Guest justin_3d

Plastic fans is a better term for what you are getting at. You are correct in what you are saying but a manager is only as good as his last game. On your theory if we lost every game now till the end of the season Ancellotti should still not get sacked because of what he achieved last year??

This is the problem. Plastic fans will only see this. While real fans will consider other factors.

It was said that we had a thin squad. We tried to rush young's too fast. Our players got injured and Ray got sack. Non of this helps and brings everything down.

Plastic fans cannot see this, and forget about everything, and all of a sudden the manager they where praising is the worst??? Sorry but plastic fan mentality here.

How?..its difference in opinion that's all. Agreed the banner wasn't the best way to go about it but who's to say the person who made that banner hasn't been supporting the club for 20-30 years.

That might be, but even people who support a club for a while their mentality will changed. And instead of being that core supporter like back in his time, they become big whiners. It's like a bunch of spoil brat by Roman money.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?..its difference in opinion that's all. Agreed the banner wasn't the best way to go about it but who's to say the person who made that banner hasn't been supporting the club for 20-30 years.

As terminator x just said, the banner was a publicity stunt.

As terminator x just said, the banner was a publicity stunt.

I said at the time it was probably some bitter goon. Let's face it they have a lot to be bitter about,especially after the last few weeks.

The rats from the daily mail certainly did a good job with that sign. :rolleyes:

Sold a few newspapers, a shrewd business move, fair play to them.

I'm all for conspiracy theories but we had people wanting Ancelotti and/or Roman out here too.

Seriously what are you actually talking about...

You're wasting your time.

Justin_3d you have failed to understand the difference between a "plastic fan" & giving a valid input in a debate where both sides have a good point. Just because some fans say Ancelotti isn't the right man for the manager role does not make them a "plastic fan" it simply makes them a fan entitled to their opinion. Even now, when we're supposedly in a good moment, some fans don't want Ancelotti here next season, even if we win the Champions League. So how does this make them plastic fans? They are looking at it from a long-term point of view.

Guest justin_3d

Justin_3d you have failed to understand the difference between a "plastic fan" & giving a valid input in a debate where both sides have a good point. Just because some fans say Ancelotti isn't the right man for the manager role does not make them a "plastic fan" it simply makes them a fan entitled to their opinion. Even now, when we're supposedly in a good moment, some fans don't want Ancelotti here next season, even if we win the Champions League. So how does this make them plastic fans? They are looking at it from a long-term point of view.

Alright then, i hope not to see some of these fans that want Carlo out praising Carlo if we win the CL or miraculous win the PL.

And even then I think a lot of these fans where praising the ground Carlo walk on when he won the double with a historic record of goals...

And even then I think a lot of these fans where praising the ground Carlo walk on when he won the double with a historic record of goals...

Perhaps so. People Fans are still allowed to change their opinions though, it is not only based on results that fans have made judgements on Carlo. It's also things like his track record with AC Milan, his youth policy, him being a "yes man" and other, valid, points. You may not agree, but calling them plastic is a cheap come back, a much better option would be to debate their views - not label them glory hunters or plastic.

Perhaps so. People Fans are still allowed to change their opinions though, it is not only based on results that fans have made judgements on Carlo. It's also things like his track record with AC Milan, his youth policy, him being a "yes man" and other, valid, points. You may not agree, but calling them plastic is a cheap come back, a much better option would be to debate their views - not label them glory hunters or plastic.

Are you debating this again?

Shut up you plastic glory hunter.:lol:

I have to admit that Carlo has won me over slghtly in the past few weeks (more importantly he's won Roman over for the short term for now)

It took him along time but he finally realised what was needed , however he is still learning and for a 51 yr old that's not good.

e.g. Just this weekend when subbing Torres. And despite having umpteen amount of games this season the likes of Josh and co. have not seen much playing time.

I'll stand by my views of we shouldn't have got him in the first place,it was a risk with him winning only 1 league title in 10 years with Milan and Juve.

And I still stand by last season was very fortunate and we could have easily finished empty handed.

So for the record if he wins us the CL and PL,I still have no worries about Roman getting rid or him leaving for Roma.

We can find better (please no more Italians).

Overall verdict:

A lovely man,quiet and doesn't bring the dramas of Mourinho.Which I like.

Never bad mouthed a ref,or blamed a linesman for a loss,unlike other poor loser managers.

Still learning his trade.

Doesn't give youth much of a chance.

Takes a while to click on that something isn't working.

Some very pointless subs for which I think he's finally realising.

If he goes,I thank him and we move onwards and forwards,just like we have without Mourinho.

Alright then, i hope not to see some of these fans that want Carlo out praising Carlo if we win the CL or miraculous win the PL.

But then if we don't praise him for winning,what would you call us then?

Can we praise when someone is doing a good job and criticise and give an opinion when someone is doing a bad job?

Well Milans this season. I heard that Milan fans are saying that he is playing the same players, not giving youth a chance... Same things that Carlo was accused of.

Well I'm not following Serie A to that extent currently. There are 2 things I can perhaps comment on, about that.

1. The pace of Serie A. Admittedly the pace of the football has improved over the last few years but generally it is still a very tactical battle in Italy, attacking is done systematically and is organised. It why the "old guard" don't have problems when it comes to lasting the entire game, because there's not as much running as there is in the Premier League & La Liga. Milan have some good youth amongst their ranks; Pato, Boateng, Amelia, Merkel (who will be amazing one day!), Sokratis ect.. I was very shocked to see them sign 35-year old Yepes & 33-year old Van Bommel in January. The singing of Cassano was positive, though he's 28, he still plays very well. I'd agree with those fans that players like Gattuso, Ambrosini & Zambrotta need to make way now.
  2. The decline in form of Inter Milan & Juventus. Everyone knows what happened when Mourinho left Inter Milan and Rafa took the hotseat.. In a word, chaos. The players weren't happy, the fans weren't happy & Moratti was unhappy. This reflected in the performance of the Nerazzurri, where they failed at basic defending (probably Benitez using zonal marking again!), basic attacking & basic logic. Standard policy when Mourinho leaves a team, hell breaks loose :lol: . Juventus have been on the decline for a while now, they haven't been as competitive as they used to be, and they've basically become the Liverpool of Serie A. Del Piero will not last long now & Buffon's having his share of problems. Even Roma (AC's other rivals last season) were in disarray, their sacking of Ranieri epitomised that!

Like I said, I don't follow Serie A as much any more, so those are the only explanations I can offer currently.

Guest justin_3d

Shut up you plastic glory hunter.:lol:

I have to admit that Carlo has won me over slghtly in the past few weeks (more importantly he's won Roman over for the short term for now)

It took him along time but he finally realised what was needed , however he is still learning and for a 51 yr old that's not good.

e.g. Just this weekend when subbing Torres. And despite having umpteen amount of games this season the likes of Josh and co. have not seen much playing time.

I'll stand by my views of we shouldn't have got him in the first place,it was a risk with him winning only 1 league title in 10 years with Milan and Juve.

And I still stand by last season was very fortunate and we could have easily finished empty handed.

So for the record if he wins us the CL and PL,I still have no worries about Roman getting rid or him leaving for Roma.

We can find better (please no more Italians).

Overall verdict:

A lovely man,quiet and doesn't bring the dramas of Mourinho.Which I like.

Never bad mouthed a ref,or blamed a linesman for a loss,unlike other poor loser managers.

Still learning his trade.

Doesn't give youth much of a chance.

Takes a while to click on that something isn't working.

Some very pointless subs for which I think he's finally realising.

If he goes,I thank him and we move onwards and forwards,just like we have without Mourinho.

You do have to realize that for Milan they value mostly CL then league. So in that aspect he did really good.

Now for Roman i think his view has changed just like Milan. He wants CL more. It is why Carlo is the best man there is.

But then if we don't praise him for winning,what would you call us then?

Can we praise when someone is doing a good job and criticise and give an opinion when someone is doing a bad job?

You have to be consistent and take other factors into consideration. The same man that won the double with a historic record of goals does not becomes bad over night.

It is here where the plastics fan cannot see this.

As I stated before Carlo is building a good team with Yossi, David Luiz, and Ramires. So I am sure he can continue buying more good players and building a good team like Mourinho did!

So flip flopper is ok??? Sorry but this type seems like plastic fans to me. Support your team in the good and the bad!

And last his track record for Milan is mostly gear for CL. In which in that regard is the best there is.

So flip flopper is ok??? Sorry but this type seems like plastic fans to me. Support your team in the good and the bad!

And last his track record for Milan is mostly gear for CL. In which in that regard is the best there is.

You're still not grasping the concept. Of course, all of us here, will back the club through thick and thin! We support our players & management regardless of if we think they should be there or not. Support and opinion is completely different. It's like saying you support your country (out of a deluded sense of 'patriotism') but not favouring your President. You support everyone, but you have your own opinion about things like management.

For example myself, I don't think Kalou is a Chelsea-required player. But when he comes on, I hope he does well & I support him. Doesn't mean I think he should be here though. Do you get what I mean?