What Was Your First Game ?

What was the first game you attended -and your memories

My first was Chelsea v Wolves 1967-68 season. Chels wan 1-0 but lost to them 3 days later 3-0 ! Osgood the star. blue%20scalf.gif

Getting pushed around the Shed aged 8, the noise incredible. You never forget your first game......

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first game was UCL Chelsea - Liverpool 4:4. It was an amazing match and after Kuyt's goal on 3:4 I was very nervous but we have Lamps!!!

And of course, Alex's goal was incredible, stunning, sensational, breathtsking, amazing, awesome,.. Wuaaa

My first game was UCL Chelsea - Liverpool 4:4. It was an amazing match and after Kuyt's goal on 3:4 I was very nervous but we have Lamps!!!

And of course, Alex's goal was incredible, stunning, sensational, breathtsking, amazing, awesome,.. Wuaaa

:goodpost: What an amazing 1st game to go to ! Yes Alexs goal and Lampard was superb that game. Topsy turvy emotions all through that game when they went 2 up :ph34r: :huh: :blush::delight:

Saturday 11 September, 1999 - Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle United. Amazing day; the atmosphere was something louder than I'd ever experienced (bearing in mind I was only 6 at the time :D). I don't remember much about the game itself, but I remember getting a load of tomato sauce on my away shirt :lol:

:goodpost: What an amazing 1st game to go to ! Yes Alexs goal and Lampard was superb that game. Topsy turvy emotions all through that game when they went 2 up :ph34r: :huh: :blush::delight:

emo3.gifYea, I was very disappointed after 1st half. So was whole Stamford Bridge. Everybody were booing and whistling, but next half was just amazing. It was my 1st visit on SB and probably the best. blue%20scalf.gif

Not the egg chasing zolayes :smiliecap1: the glorious Chels

Saturday 11 September, 1999 - Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle United. Amazing day; the atmosphere was something louder than I'd ever experienced (bearing in mind I was only 6 at the time :D). I don't remember much about the game itself, but I remember getting a load of tomato sauce on my away shirt :lol:

Its amazing how when you're a kid you remember all the incidentals -the sights and smells. Later whenn I went on my own (aged 9) -it wasnt unusual for kids to go then, can remember the electrical smells of the tube, and Fulham Broadway, the smells of horseshit and hamburgers.....

Mine was the 5-0 league cup win at Highbury. My Dad (who is a gooner) spent about 4 years trying to change me from a blue to a gooner, he took me to this game hoping to change my mind and he also took me to another Arsenal - Chelsea game at the Bridge which Arsenal even won (the sickening Kanu hat-trick) and that didnt work.

Ive only been to about 7/8 games so far because its very expensive to go (planning to go to the Wigan or Birmingham game in April) but never fail to watch my beloved club when i can. Ive also been on a stadium tour twice. If i ever win a couple of grand + on a scratch card or something else a Chelsea season ticket will be the 1st thing on my list smiliecap1.gif

Other notable games i went to was the 1-0 home win to Villa in 03 when Hasslebaink scored, 1-1 at Villa Park during the 01/02 season, 1-1 to Brum in 05, 1-0 Pompey 07 1-0 to Boro in 08 and 4-1 to Everton in 03 (Zola's last ever Chelsea goal).

What was the first game you attended -and your memories

My first was Chelsea v Wolves 1967-68 season. Chels wan 1-0 but lost to them 3 days later 3-0 ! Osgood the star. blue%20scalf.gif

Getting pushed around the Shed aged 8, the noise incredible. You never forget your first game......

Lucky you. What memories you must have. I've seen old clips of kids in groups turning up with scarves tied around each wrist.

How much was it to get in back then? Talk about the good old days, just a case of turning up and paying at the turnstile.

If only time travel was possible. Just keep going to your favourite games over and over.

First Chelsea game i watched on TV was the 1994 FA Cup final, cried like a baby. Coulda flooded the living room. We were hardly on TV back then.

First game i went to was in 1995 against Porto in Paul Elliots Benefit match, we drew 1-1, Mark Hughes was our scorer with a header. Bobby Robson was Porto's manager. Went to Steve Clarkes too a year later, lost 3-2 to PSV. Lebeouf and Burley scored i believe. We were quite crap then, we had home friendlies lol.

My first league game was against Leicester in 1997 when Lebeouf scored a stunning last minute winner from 35 yards after Leicester stand in keeper Pugguy Arphexad saved absolutely everything.

First Champions League game i went to was against Galatasaray in 1999/2000, won 1-0 and super Dan Petrescu scored the winner. Taffarel (Brazils 1998 WC GK) was sent off for handling out the area. Went to the Qualifier against Skonto Riga too. Won 3-0, i've even see Chris Sutton score live WHOOP!