Remember remember the 14th of november

BLionheart

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8325404/Chelsea-would-be-10th-in-the-Premier-League-if-the-season-had-begun-in-November-scoring-less-than-West-Brom.html

Chelsea would be 10th in the Premier League if the season had begun in November - scoring less than West Brom

a very interesting read that shows how did the team drop from being top to being 5th now .....

i would have been very very happy if carlo was the long term manager we all have always looked forward to have but he is proving he lacks a lot of skills and characteristics that is needed to manage CFC.

but again all those problems rose up when ray wilkins was sacked !!! his role was very underestimated , as i think his job was to work with each player individually while carlo work with the team as a whole and is looking after the tactics of the team .

this is the only logical explanation to our crises ..... because if wilikins took care of the individual training of each player , working on each weakness and making sure they are in good form ... then it all makes sense now

wilkins was sacked players started to dip in form one after another , and that is IMO the main reason behind this .

although if that is the case then carlo had to find a solution , he had to do something even if it meant he worked with each player by himself .... and if he tried and it didn't work then he is not the right man for the job .

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

but again all those problems rose up when ray wilkins was sacked !!! his role was very underestimated , as i think his job was to work with each player individually while carlo work with the team as a whole and is looking after the tactics of the team .

this is the only logical explanation to our crises ..... because if wilikins took care of the individual training of each player , working on each weakness and making sure they are in good form ... then it all makes sense now

wilkins was sacked players started to dip in form one after another , and that is IMO the main reason behind this .

although if that is the case then carlo had to find a solution , he had to do something even if it meant he worked with each player by himself .... and if he tried and it didn't work then he is not the right man for the job .

Good post.

well , the problem is certainly a managerial one ..... i think the sacking of wilkins had proved to be a stupid move , but carlo has o take his fair share of the blame as well ..... he is the manager of CFC and he should be the 1st man to be asked about whatever goes wrong on the pitch ...

well , the problem is certainly a managerial one ..... i think the sacking of wilkins had proved to be a stupid move , but carlo has o take his fair share of the blame as well ..... he is the manager of CFC and he should be the 1st man to be asked about whatever goes wrong on the pitch ...

But the question is does he have a choice ? he should be first asked but i cant see it being that way. If this was happend to Jose he would of kicked up a fuss Carlo just sits back and carry's on coaching no matter what is happening around him.

There is no chance he will go before the end of the season , he would have to be paid off and i dont think roman wants to do that. Also there is no one else available.

I also would like a long term manager here , i though it would be Carlo last year but now i have doubt i just hope he can turn things around and prove all his critics wrong.

Roman seems to have alot of faith in him, previous managers have been sacked for a lot better results. We have already lost 7 league games this season - it seems carlo is banking everything on the champs league, a risky business in a knockout tournement...

i think roman has not sacked carlo yet because :

1- when we sacked mourinho , grant , scolari .... there was always a great assistant coach in clark or wilkins who can carry on after , those men were able to take control of the team till a new manager is appointed , and they also were a great aid for the new manager ....

2-carlo's ability to work under any conditions , he never says no , and he will do whatever you tell him to do , in other words he can be bossed unlike mourinho ...

3- lack of other options , may be there is no other options

all other reasons are complete shit :

1-the fact that he has won the double has nothing to do with him being here this season , did you forget that mourinho won back to back EPls before he was sacked ...

2-he has won the dressing room , well i doubt that because i know the likes of terry , lamps and Drogba are never happy losing also i doubt that has anything to do with his sacking .

I am not surprised at all. I remember some statistics showing the table based on the current form, I mean the table after the last six or eight games. It was revealed in December I think and Chelsea stood no chance, we were last.

Chelsea played 7 different natural scorers in total (Drogba - anelka - torres - kalou - lampard - malouda - sturridge ) . Clearly, this suggests tactics and formation are the problem, rather than just the players.

i completely agree that a lot of them are out of form but how did ancelotti react ?? whatever he is trying to do , it's not working ...

i don't know what our options are when it comes to sacking carlo but a new assistant looks like a great start .