Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Can anyone honestly say they've felt confident going into big games this season? Please don't answer with Drogba had malaria.

And even going into smaller games ie Everton in the FA cup,it was 50/50 whether we would win or not despite our squad being worth 10 times more than theirs.

People on here say that you can't sign superstars and expect them to gel as a team. Then they say we need to sign superstar players to get us playing as a team and winning. Why do Manure play so well with the likes of old man Giggs,Carick,Park etc?

I think Roman knows the answer and will act accordingly in the summer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point.

But let me ask, are you forgetting about the Financial Fair Play rule??

Firing a manager, getting a new one, and then spending more players on top of that, will get us in even deeper losses.

We are already at 70 mill losses. So think about how much we will be adding?

Nope, I didn't forget. But I don't think to sack Ancelotti will be that prejudicial. Yeah, I mean, we will have to splash £5 million, but Ancelotti is one of the most paid coaches, so I do no think the next manager would have (of course, that's the case if we hire an upcoming manager / an non-hyped manager). For instance, if we hire X for something about £3,5 million on a 3 years contract, then in three years we will have balanced the £5 million we've lost.

And to be honest, if there's a mistake made about the Financial Fair Play rule, it is to buy Torres, not sack Ancelotti.

In one season? That's impossible.

So do you think that Porto play nice football just because AVB is managing them or because he has Moutinho and Belluschi in midfield?

I've never said in one season. I know very well that it is impossible to do that in one year, thanks lol. Next season should be the first step. We should start to introduce Kakuta and co in the first team and start to drop Lampard and co. That means the 'old' players (Lampard, Cole, Benayoun, Drogba, etc...) will still have a big role in the team. And then, in two seasons, those 'old' players will start to just have a part time in the team.

And no I don't think Porto plays very well juste because Boas is managing them, or because they have Moutinho in midfield. The thing is, Boas has at his disposal the players who suit the way he makes Porto play. Maybe if he didn't have Hulk, Falcao and co Porto wouldn't be that good. But on the other hand, if Porto didn't have Boas, the team wouldn't be so good even with Hulk and co.

Guest justin_3d

I know Bielsa, and i dont know, he maybe never go to Europe, he looks comfortable working at Southamerica. Why do you like him so much? He is doing an amazing work in Chile right now, but do you think that he can be that good in Europe? A lot of managers were amazing in Southamerica and when they went to Europe they fail. (Like Bianchi, he did a fantastic work at Boca Juniors (Boca Juniors won everything in that period) , but when he went to the Atletico, he fail).

But yeah, for me Bielsa is a good manager too, but im a little skeptical about him in Europe.

Guus also had a fail season when he managed in la liga.

So what's your point???

Can anyone honestly say they've felt confident going into big games this season? Please don't answer with Drogba had malaria.

And even going into smaller games ie Everton in the FA cup,it was 50/50 whether we would win or not despite our squad being worth 10 times more than theirs.

People on here say that you can't sign superstars and expect them to gel as a team. Then they say we need to sign superstar players to get us playing as a team and winning. Why do Manure play so well with the likes of old man Giggs,Carick,Park etc?

I think Roman knows the answer and will act accordingly in the summer.

Again you only come and take from a manager that has been at the same club for a long time.

You have to look at his bad season as well.

How did he did his first 3 season at United???

How did he did his first 3 season at United???

You CANNOT compare Man u from the 80's that hadn't won the league in 20 odd years to CFC in 2011 that has recently won the league and has high expectations every year and has spent £100m+ in the last year alone.

Besides what Man u did in the 80's has nothing to do with Fergie getting an ageing Giggs and co. looking good against us 3 times in a month and winning the league.

Guest justin_3d

You CANNOT compare Man u from the 80's that hadn't won the league in 20 odd years to CFC in 2011 that has recently won the league and has high expectations every year and has spent £100m+ in the last year alone.

Besides what Man u did in the 80's has nothing to do with Fergie getting an ageing Giggs and co. looking good against us 3 times in a month and winning the league.

So you are saying because we spend so much, we have to do so good???

Then how come City who have spend so much then us in the last couple of years, have not done good?

Not to mention Real Madrid as well????

So you are saying because we spend so much, we have to do so good???

Then how come City who have spend so much then us in the last couple of years, have not done good?

Not to mention Real Madrid as well????

No,no pressure at all,just keep spending big in a hope we may win the league but no pressure to do good at all.:rolleyes:

Mancini is not the best manager rememeber,he still may win them their first trophy for decades and he got them a CL spot so not that bad.

Real? Who cares. Anyway,pressure is on them to do good.

Forget all them teams,forget how much mancini has spent and how Fergie didn't get sacked over 20 years ago.

It's about us,here and now.

Guest justin_3d

No,no pressure at all,just keep spending big in a hope we may win the league but no pressure to do good at all.:rolleyes:

Mancini is not the best manager rememeber,he still may win them their first trophy for decades and he got them a CL spot so not that bad.

Real? Who cares. Anyway,pressure is on them to do good.

Forget all them teams,forget how much mancini has spent and how Fergie didn't get sacked over 20 years ago.

It's about us,here and now.

Yeah but if you make comparisons, we are not doing much bad!

Real Madrid have spent millions, more then us, and yet we managed to do good.

SAF took a long time to do good in United, and Mancini will also take some time to do good.

While Carlo in two years has outperform much more then these.

Yeah but if you make comparisons, we are not doing much bad!

Real Madrid have spent millions, more then us, and yet we managed to do good.

SAF took a long time to do good in United, and Mancini will also take some time to do good.

While Carlo in two years has outperform much more then these.

If you compare this season with last though we have gone backwards,even compared to the 03/04 season.

Guest justin_3d

If you compare this season with last though we have gone backwards,even compared to the 03/04 season.

True, but overall, when you judge the two seasons, we have done better then City million spend, then SAF first couple of years, and Real Madrid million spend.

We have had a bad season big shit.

Every top team has them

Arsenal 05/06

their "invincibles" minus Vieira only just got into the top 4.

Man.Utd 01/02

started new year 9th before a run of wins saved their season to finish 3rd

Bayern 06/07

missed out on the CL spot's which forced them to spend big next summer to get back in

Barca 07/08

finished nearly 20 points behind Real and even finished below Villareal, 3 years on they have the same spine (Valdes-Puyol-Iniesta-Xavi-Messi) and are ruling europe

Inter this season

Similar to us really, laboured in 6th at one point but now recovered to 2nd but still way off the leaderboard

EVERY ONE HAS BAD SEASON'S FFS AND THIS IS ONE OF OURS

True, but overall, when you judge the two seasons, we have done better then City million spend, then SAF first couple of years, and Real Madrid million spend.

But,forget about them though. This is us we're talking. Like I said Man U in the early years didn't have a multi million pond squad.

Guest justin_3d

But,forget about them though. This is us we're talking. Like I said Man U in the early years didn't have a multi million pond squad.

But City, and Real does.

And we have done better.

So what's your point???

But City, and Real does.

And we have done better.

So what's your point???

US talk about US . Forget about Real or Mancini or what Man U did 20 years ago. Let's talk us,this season.

What if Jose and mancini get the sack? Does that mean we copy them and sack Carlo or do we give it 3 years for Carlo to win a trophy because that's how long Fergie took?

We have had a bad season big shit.

Every top team has them

Arsenal 05/06

their "invincibles" minus Vieira only just got into the top 4.

Man.Utd 01/02

started new year 9th before a run of wins saved their season to finish 3rd

Bayern 06/07

missed out on the CL spot's which forced them to spend big next summer to get back in

Barca 07/08

finished nearly 20 points behind Real and even finished below Villareal, 3 years on they have the same spine (Valdes-Puyol-Iniesta-Xavi-Messi) and are ruling europe

Inter this season

Similar to us really, laboured in 6th at one point but now recovered to 2nd but still way off the leaderboard

EVERY ONE HAS BAD SEASON'S FFS AND THIS IS ONE OF OURS

:goodpost: well said ....it's disappointing but there can only be one Champion ....Our first was in 1951 ,,,next 2005 and twice more since then ..

If thats not good enough you should find another team to support because we wont be Champions every year

Guest justin_3d

US talk about US . Forget about Real or Mancini or what Man U did 20 years ago. Let's talk us,this season.

What if Jose and mancini get the sack? Does that mean we copy them and sack Carlo or do we give it 3 years for Carlo to win a trophy because that's how long Fergie took?

I am talking about us. And when i talk about us, we as a club stack much better then what other clubs have done.

As i said before, if you criticize one model, you criticize all.

You where criticizing cause we spend a lot, and did not produce. So i gave you other examples of other teams that spend as big or bigger then us, to see how they stack against us, and it shows we are doing much better.

Albeit SAF did not had enough money back then, so i will take that out of the equation.

Still want Carlo to stay, and about his stupid decisions, we don't see what Carlo see's in training, Kalou could stand out in training, and Ancelotti would know he is capable of it. Unfortunately he isn't. But it's obvious players are worse playing a match than training. Twice now Carlo has been threatend his job losing to United. I can see him going unfortunately, Roman has expections just like Real Madrid do, i fear this could be the way we are lead into a bad state if we keep going from manager to manager. Only two managers who i would like to be at Chelsea instead of Carlo, Mourinho but we know it's not gonna happen. And Villas Bas Boas.

I am talking about us. And when i talk about us, we as a club stack much better then what other clubs have done.

As i said before, if you criticize one model, you criticize all.

You where criticizing cause we spend a lot, and did not produce. So i gave you other examples of other teams that spend as big or bigger then us, to see how they stack against us, and it shows we are doing much better.

Albeit SAF did not had enough money back then, so i will take that out of the equation.

Real are on more points than Man U this season and would be champions already if they played in England. They've won a trophy too.

No you don't criticise all,I couldn't care less what they're doing.

For what we've spent in the past year and for our team of individuals standards we've been poor this season.

Guest justin_3d

Real are on more points than Man U this season and would be champions already if they played in England. They've won a trophy too.

No you don't criticise all,I couldn't care less what they're doing.

For what we've spent in the past year and for our team of individuals standards we've been poor this season.

Again you throw out those words, "Standards"

Well how do compare standards???

Easy, buy judging to other teams that have similar standards.

And today it's City and Real Madrid. :)