Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge

Tomo

Evening Blues, ive just been thinking if Sturridge comes back from Bolton re-duviented (spelling) from his loan at Bolton it would be like having a brand new player on the books (its certainly looks so far so good in that respect).

As much as id love Drogba and Anelka to go on for-ever (especially Drogs), in reality the chances are very soon they wont be able to play 3 times a week and there has been constant talk that atleast 1 of them will be leaving at the end of the season if not the next, so im thinking these 2 could be a potentially deadly partership.

The next 3 years Torres will be 27-30 so the chances are he will hit his peak sometime then, Sturridge will hopefully (similar to Wilshere with Arsenal) come back more mature and ready for regular spells in the 1st team,

One if right footed the other is left footed both have got good turn of pace and personally if they click we could see a very good partnership formed. Sturridge is not short of confidence and a run in the team at Bolton and a good goal return he could come back with his confidence soaring and ive been a big fan of his since his City days.

This could be our strickeforce of the next few years and if Torres re-finds his form of 2008 and Sturridge reaches atleast 80-90% of his potential this could be a bloody good one.

What's your views?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening Blues, ive just been thinking if Sturridge comes back from Bolton re-duviented (spelling) from his loan at Bolton it would be like having a brand new player on the books (its certainly looks so far so good in that respect).

As much as id love Drogba and Anelka to go on for-ever (especially Drogs), in reality the chances are very soon they wont be able to play 3 times a week and there has been constant talk that atleast 1 of them will be leaving at the end of the season if not the next, so im thinking these 2 could be a potentially deadly partership.

The next 3 years Torres will be 27-30 so the chances are he will hit his peak sometime then, Sturridge will hopefully (similar to Wilshere with Arsenal) come back more mature and ready for regular spells in the 1st team,

One if right footed the other is left footed both have got good turn of pace and personally if they click we could see a very good partnership formed. Sturridge is not short of confidence and a run in the team at Bolton and a good goal return he could come back with his confidence soaring and ive been a big fan of his since his City days.

This could be our strickeforce of the next few years and if Torres re-finds his form of 2008 and Sturridge reaches atleast 80-90 of his potential this could be a bloody good one.

What's your views?

agree and think that's what almost all of us hope for

Its not time to think about this. We still have a whole season before we need to think about who to buy, or who will score against Manchester in 2012. I dont know why the forum is already full of this kind of topic: "who will leave" "who should stay" "Lukaku or Neymar?"...

he never got a decent run in the team. when he started he showed he can score. i think in all or all but one he has started he has scored in. i thought him and Drogba could do really well together but that never really happend. i am a big fan of sturridge and think he could be real class if we give him the games

Chelsea's future is a front 3 of:

Sturridge - Torres - Kakuta

Or Sturridge and Torres in a 4-4-2

We don't have to worry about the attacking side of things too much, especially with signings although i would prefer to see 2 up front starting with tomorrow. Lets just worry about who we have now though.

he never got a decent run in the team. when he started he showed he can score. i think in all or all but one he has started he has scored in. i thought him and Drogba could do really well together but that never really happend. i am a big fan of sturridge and think he could be real class if we give him the games

emo3.gif

The thing is i don't know if they will complement each other, Sturridge and Torres are similar they both want to exploit space in behind the opposing box.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking, If we had Lukaku then he would be able to hold the balls up for either Sturridge or Torres.

The thing is i don't know if they will complement each other, Sturridge and Torres are similar they both want to exploit space in behind the opposing box.

sturridge can make a great second striker , with his pace , great ball control and intelligent movement .... he might be a kalou who is actually able to dribble , pass and score blue%20scalf.gif