Conor Clifford and Josh McEachran

Tomo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is. Will they last, or be sold?

Depends on how well they do at their respective loan outfits and whether or not they're enjoying it there. You obviously don't want them to enjoy themselves too much else they would want a permanent move in the summer. That may sound strange, but If they aren't guraranteed a first team place here soon, they might want to stay where they are for the good of their development as a player.

I fear that a little bit!

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Bruma, Aanholt

Ramires, Conor, Josh

Sturridge, Torres, Kakuta

Sold

I think I can say this in full confidence that we will not sell Josh. Probably won't sell Aanholt and Sturridge either because they seem capable enough to step into Premier League right away. Kakuta depends on if he's able to finally gain some confidence and not look so timid when he's given a chance. Bruma maybe cause well he's well down the pecking order and he hasn't impressed at all during his appearances. About Conor, we don't know much about where the team stands with him.

• 1 month later...

Anyone think that Clifford has a future at Chelsea? I don't think he's getting on too well with Notts County...Would like if Josh went on loan to bolton... and clifford took his place as a first teamer, getting game time here and there and then go on loan to a premier league club himself...Hard to know, Big hope for him as a future Irish Senior player!

Anyone think that Clifford has a future at Chelsea? I don't think he's getting on too well with Notts County...Would like if Josh went on loan to bolton... and clifford took his place as a first teamer, getting game time here and there and then go on loan to a premier league club himself...Hard to know, Big hope for him as a future Irish Senior player!

If I'm right Conor was played out of his position.

Yeah! They don't even play him regularly. It's a shame Plymouth went into administration! He was a regular there & they said he really made the difference.

There point per game average when Conor was there was something like 1.7 compared to something like 0.9 when he isnt there.

Next season we should loan him for a full season in the championship so he can show us what he is made off.

Would like if Josh went on loan to bolton

I wouldn't! I would much preferred it if McEachran was with us throughout his career... a one club man, like Tony Adams, like Gary Neville, like Lionel Messi (currently)! He certainly has the qualities that would allow him to do that! He could also be on the same wavelength as Wilshere, if not better!

The irony of it though, is that I understand where you're coming from. Wilshere went to Bolton and performed well there, and now he's found himself an assured place in the Arsenal team. Like Sturridge as well. He's done exceptionally well so far over there, scoring 4 goals already, and really enjoying his football. The only way of getting the best out of these players is the fact that they are enjoying their football.

Torres should enjoy his football more :rolleyes:

Utterly wasted there, it is hard to find the right clubs to send players out on loan. But so many loans are just not working out. Connor is top class and proved it at Plymouth, but then he goes somewhere else and isn't given the chance. It ruins the development of young players. I have said it before and i will say it again, until clubs are allowed to put reserve teams into the football league we will see no real improvement with the England internation set up, so many players are being wasted on loan moves.