magic weeds

From Eufa.com

F: Chelsea FC

Can play: Inter, Lyon, Valencia, København, Roma, Milan

Qualified as: champions, England

Last season: round of 16

Seasons in UEFA Champions League: 9

Previous European Champion Clubs' Cup best: runners-up

Which club would you prefer in the last 16? the draw is tomorrow I think. Personally, I won't mind Lyon and Copenhagen. Valecia and Milan are togh teams.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would absolutely love to face Lyon. Superb team, great club as well - absolutely magnificent supporters. I've been lucky enough to watch an OL match at the Gerland, the atmosphere is incredible. Always wanted to play them in Europe and I'd be delighted if we faced them.

They're not world beaters, but they're not shite either. Facing an average side like Copenhagen and beating them a routine 3-0 on aggregate would not prepare us for the likes of Barcelona, Real or even United in the Quarter Finals. I'd rather us 'warm up' by playing a good team. I have a lot of respect for Lyon and they have some wonderful players like Lisandro, Lloris, Pjanic, Gourcuff, Gomis and Toulalan. They play great football so it would be a really attractive tie.

The scenarios will have changed by the time the actual match comes around in mid February. Inter will have got most of their injured players back, I'd like us to avoid them.

Roma is my team in Italy so I'd be delighted if we were to get them.

To be honest, I would love to face Lyon. They have Gourcuff and Michel Bastos; so they would really pose as a challenge. Plus, we would be able to get better and look for the quarter-finals. I wouldn't mind Copenhagen and Roma to be honest, but we need to play a really strong side who can potentially reach the Quarter-Finals, so we can regain lost confidence quickly.

The scenarios will have changed by the time the actual match comes around in mid February. Inter will have got most of their injured players back, I'd like us to avoid them.

Roma is my team in Italy so I'd be delighted if we were to get them.

Agree!

As long as we avoid the two Milan teams then I would be pretty pelased. And who knows we might spend a little in January which could change things.