JT Living Legend....

Jose M

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The days of captain indestructible are apparently over, although on the study wall of his house a reminder of the good old days remains. A shirt signed by Wayne Rooney, carries the message: 'JT, sorry about the injury, can I have my stud back now?'

Fantastic article, I must admit. I've never been overly fond of Martin Samuel, but that is an excellent read.

It does show you that Jose is a short term manager.

I agree and I think it shows the difference between Jose and Carlo . Jose demands success for himself and is willing to sacrifice his players to

achieve this . Lamps should never have been allowed to play for 5 years without a break. That wouldnt happen now Im sure . Robben was sold

partly because he wouldnt play through injury . Pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong . I believe it is very wrong to routinely give

injections in order for players to play through pain.

We are struggling now with injuries but the long term welfare of our players is something that Carlo has stressed is of utmost importanc.

Reading the article it would seem John has taken this on board.

The thing is jose comes to your club then he creates a huge bond with the fans then he fucks off into the night. So if lamps long term future is damaged by what jose was doing jose really does not care jose lives for the moment. That is one of the reasons why i prefer carlo, i think carlo is a better manager all round if you ask me.

Jose was and is a great coach and brought us the success we craved for . however I believe his philosophy is ..

"what can this club /player do for ME , ?",,,rather than "what can I do for this club/player?"

I also think Hiddink and Carlo follow the latter philosophy

‘I still say if the ball is there to be won I will go for it, whether with my head or whatever, and if it means us scoring or stopping a goal, I won’t think twice. But counting my medals in a wheelchair? I’d rather play with my kids in the garden, thank you very much. I hope people will appreciate that. I’d like to rethink the wheelchair idea, please.’

At least he has his priorities right.

This is an outstanding read, something I would love, and definitely will translate for the Czech fans. However, as he is talking about the captaincy in the national team, there is a sentence “OK, I’ve been stripped of the captaincy, but don’t take the p*** out of me”. The second part of it, what is it supposed to mean? I can't get over it.

This is an outstanding read, something I would love, and definitely will translate for the Czech fans. However, as he is talking about the captaincy in the national team, there is a sentence "OK, I've been stripped of the captaincy, but don't take the p*** out of me". The second part of it, what is it supposed to mean? I can't get over it.

It's saying "don't take the piss out of me". He felt that the armband being passed around so easily like that was an insult and a mockery towards him.