Ray Wilkins leaves with immediate effect

BlueLion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is ray is so calm i cant even see a scenario in were he pisses someone off.

I doubt it is anything to do with a fallout.

The club probably made a descision to not renew Rays contract and bring in a better level of assistant manager and Ray may well have decided to just leave now rather than sit it out...

At the end of the day it is all speculation and we probably will never know the truth of it.

Love how the media/press love to cause trouble.One paper,apprantly Carlo knew he was getting the flick,Radio he didnt know.Doubt he did to be honest.

Bizare decison.Guess never know the reason behind it.but yeh timing is bizare but guess thats the bussiness these days.They sack mananagers at the most random times so no surprise

Just hope we dont get effected by it on the field

Bad week all in all down SW6 way -JTs old man, SENs red, Frank too fat to play because hes been on the pies, or Chrsitine Bleakleys bitten his knob (what with all those teeth), and now uncle Ray.

Watched him play as a lad, sorted his brothers (Grahame) tax affairs out. (He was a probably one of CFCs worst players by the way), but Ray, something else, becoming a real diplomat with th emedia as well.

God knows what's going on behind the scenes, but above all else the timimg is fucking awful...

I doubt it is anything to do with a fallout.

The club probably made a descision to not renew Rays contract and bring in a better level of assistant manager and Ray may well have decided to just leave now rather than sit it out...

At the end of the day it is all speculation and we probably will never know the truth of it.

Yes but who can you honestly think of would be better in this situation, i think ray was the best assistant manager for us at this time.

I think ray was the best assistant manager for us at this time.

Hard to say really. I mean we didn't know his actual role, if you get me? But I take nothing away from him a fantastic man, the players and manager obviously loved him! I hope he gets a job as a #1 manager at another football club, or assistant to Capello maybe.

Heard on the grapevine that apparently something happened before the Liverpool game in the changing room (which might explain the lack of performance) ray was allegedly involved and apparently this is part of the fall out, like I said its still a rumour heard it from a mates mates mate (I know lol) and they may know the full story on monday, take it for what its worth.

If there are reasons to let Ray go, fair enough. But there is something in the way how to deal with the kind of problems at Chelsea. Letting him go immidiatly and with no statements towards that ?

I don´t know, but it makes the club look like the villain, i cannot put my finger on it, but i think we´ve had these situations before.

Agree and that's the last thing this club needs.

Ray Wilkins to seek legal advice over 'unfair dismissal' from Chelsea

• Former first-team coach speaking to lawyers

• Doubts linger over the role of his replacement

Ray Wilkins today claimed he was the victim of "undoubtedly unfair dismissal" from Chelsea and is taking legal advice in an attempt to reach "an amicable solution".

Wilkins abruptly left his role as the first-team coach with the Premier League champions last week after being told his contract would not be renewed. He has since been replaced by Michael Emenalo, the club's former opposition scout, but the club's manager Carlo Ancelotti raised doubts about his role yesterday when he said the Nigerian would not actually be involved in coaching the first team.

The questions over what happened behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge will now only intensify as Wilkins spoke for the first time since his departure from the club.

"I am very disappointed that the board decided that I had no further contribution to make at Chelsea Football Club which has played such a huge part in my life," said Wilkins in a statement released by the League Managers Association. "Since rejoining the club, I am extremely proud to have assisted in Chelsea's recent successes. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the staff, players and the supporters and I now wish them all the very best for the future.

"The LMA's legal advisors are assisting me in obtaining answers to a number of questions arising from my undoubtedly unfair dismissal, and all efforts are being made to reach an amicable solution. I therefore will be making no further comment at this stage."

Wilkins returned to Stamford Bridge in September 2008, initially under Luiz Felipe Scolari, and helped the club lift the FA Cup twice as well as claiming the Premier League crown last season. His sudden departure raised eyebrows across football as he had enjoyed success not only under Scolari but subsequently with Guus Hiddink and Ancelotti.

Richard Bevan, the chief executive of the LMA, said: "Ray's departure from the club was certainly a surprise given the success that Chelsea enjoyed after his arrival, and the fact that they are reigning Premier League champions, and currently top this season's table. He has enjoyed an illustrious career to date which began with Chelsea and I share his disappointment and sadness at his leaving the club."

Wilkins's statement comes only a day after Ancelotti revealed his own unease at the situation, saying that Emenalo would be assistant first-team coach in name only as he would not actually work with the team during training sessions. The Chelsea manager made clear that the decisions to remove Wilkins and install Emenalo were not his own.

"I am not here to explain how I feel at the moment, because it is not the right moment," he said. "I'm professional, I will continue to work. I want to stay focused on my team. The club made this decision [to promote Emenalo] after the decision on Ray. But nothing has changed, for me. Emenalo has been working with me before. He started when I came here last year. He was the opposition scout and was supporting me. He's not been involved in the training, and won't be, because [first-team coach] Paul Clement has been and will remain doing that. But nothing changes. It was not my decision, but he is working with me for a year and a half anyway."

In announcing Emenalo's promotion, a Chelsea statement had said Emenalo "will continue to oversee the first team scouting operation as he makes the transition to coaching" as he needed to gain additional qualifications. But Ancelotti's comments suggest he does not want any such transition to take place.

When pressed on the matter, Ancelotti reiterated: "He won't be involved in the training sessions." However, Emenalo will sit on the bench for matches, starting today at Birmingham City.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/20/ray-wilkins-chelsea-dismissal

Not surprised at all by the news as it was to be expected. Everything was going so well and then the club makes a decision like this in the during the season (!). And than they replace a real Chelsea-man by Emenalo or whatever his name is <_<.

Very disappointed in the club and the drama that will come with this decision is their fault.

To not renew a contract is one thing, to tap someone on the shoulder 10 mins into the second half of a reserves game and tell him to sod off and put up a pathetic 2 line paragraph on the official site is another. Now it's clear it wasn't anything to do with an incident or a bust up or insubordination, otherwise Ray wouldn't be pursuing legal action. He was our captain at 18 ffs. This is a disgrace.

To not renew a contract is one thing, to tap someone on the shoulder 10 mins into the second half of a reserves game and tell him to sod off and put up a pathetic 2 line paragraph on the official site is another. Now it's clear it wasn't anything to do with an incident or a bust up or insubordination, otherwise Ray wouldn't be pursuing legal action. He was our captain at 18 ffs. This is a disgrace.

+1

Just heartless.

STATEMENT ON WILKINS

Posted on: Sat 20 Nov 2010 In response to media enquiries regarding a League Managers' Association (LMA) statement issued on behalf of Ray Wilkins today (Saturday), the club has issued the following statement.

It reads:

'We are having amicable discussions with Ray's legal advisors. Although the matter is confidential, we can say that we have told Ray and his advisors that we will honour the termination provisions in Ray's contract.'