Spartak vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Yuri - Anelka - Kalou

Flo-Mikel-Essien

That would be a good lineup, although it is a bit harsh on Ramires especially after his past two performances against Arsenal and Villa. Essien had a bad one against Villa but doubt Carlo would drop him in an away game in Europe. Mikel on current form is undroppable. I'm sure Carlo will start Yuri because of his experience in Russia. That leaves out Ramires.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''Chelsea plan to rest Michael Essien for tomorrow's Champions League tie away to Spartak Moscow''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8070120/Chelsea-must-show-some-backbone-following-goalless-draw-away-to-Aston-Villa.html

''Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard missed Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Aston Villa and Michael Essien will be rested in Russia.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321391/Chelseas-talented-kids-set-thrown-firing-line-injuries-toll.html#ixzz12hr7YZzZ

Don't know if it's true but both sources claim Michael will be rested.

We have to win this game so it's better if we field our strongest team. Winning tomorrow and beating them at home will secure us qualification and rest our (key-) players in the last two group matches. Also giving our youngsters the posibility to play CL matches

Spartak is going to be tricky on that pitch and with their crowd behind them.

No silly changes, play as strong as we possibly have and lets get 9 points on the board ASAP.

Cech

Paulo Iva JT Ash

Essien Mikel Ramires

Malouda Nico Zhirkov/Kalou

Spartak is going to be tricky on that pitch and with their crowd behind them.

This artificial turf is bull shit, they should not aloud to be in the Champions League with it, going to be tricky! I pray for no injuries...

This artificial turf is bull shit, they should not aloud to be in the Champions League with it, going to be tricky! I pray for no injuries...

It's obviously needed in Russia because the lack of sunlight doesn't allow for much growth of natural grass.

It's obviously needed in Russia because the lack of sunlight doesn't allow for much growth of natural grass.

With Ramires out, I see this formation:

Cech

Ferriera - Terry - Ivanovic - Cole

Essien - Mikel - Zhirkov (:doh:)

Kalou - Anelka - Malouda

Carlo doesn't have given to Ess a rest ?

If no, i'll go for the same team (excepting I would put Anelka on the wing).

I was thinking about this today... we do have players in our squad who have experience playing in Russia of course, which would give us a bit of an advantage...

Ivanovic and Zhirkov

At least if Ivanovic played in his preferred central role in defence, we can be guaranteed a solid performance from him, and now that Bos is back from injury, he could slot in at right-back to give us some pace.

As for Zhirkov, he could play on the left, with Malouda on the right, and then Kakuta can come on as a sub, depending on the score.

But then who plays in midfield? Ramires injured, Essien to be rested. That just leaves Mikel, Malouda, Josh and Yuri.

If Essien is to be rested then..

Cech

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Malouda - Mikel - Zhirkov

Kalou - Anelka - Sturridge/Kakuta