LDN Blue

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I probably follow football too much when I know 10/11 starting players from USA. 

Bolivia I know none, zero

They do not have a single player valued at or over one million pounds

Edited by Vesper

Bolivia is very simple: they win most of the their home games at 11,975 ft (3600m) above sea level -- at La Paz where visiting players can barely run.

They lose all games away from home usually conceding a lot of goals.

But playing at 3.6km high is totally fine. 🙄

Edited by robsblubot

On 24/06/2024 at 21:00, NikkiCFC said:

Brazil 0:0 with Costa Rica lol

Vini is a great player, and likes the big matches too, but boy he's just not that skillful. That tight control Neymar have? had, Eden had, is nowhere to be found in his game, for ex. Rodrygo has been the best Brazil player for a while now.
The midfield is lacking big time; don't know what Paqueta is doing there. His head can't be right as he will likely stop playing football very soon.

A lot of criticism about the number of CM/DMs against Costa Rica, but there is a strategy that applies to both Brazil manager as well as Southgate: in big tourneys, prep your team to face the big guns. Southgate also has the issue of some players being very used to the positional play (Rice, Saka, and Fodden, Walker, Stone).

Ah the field was very weird too apparently. Don't think that's an excuse against CR, but its narrow shape definitely favors D.

Just to reiterate that it is one of the worst Brazilian sides I've seen. The saving grace is that we do have some very talented youngsters coming through.

Edited by robsblubot

Thought Argentina played well actually. Enzo was decent, but his performance would worry most who expect him to be/become an elite player. Alvarez was really good and for me one of the players who were in-synch with Messi, which is no small feat; his finishing let him down tho.

Argentina played like the favorite tho; they can play physical when needed and do a really good job passing the football around when allowed.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Ah the field was very weird too apparently. Don't think that's an excuse against CR, but its narrow shape definitely favors D.

I noticed it too a couple of days ago. In general every pre season and now on Copa when I watch, American fields look kinda different. Is it because NFL? Not even speaking about quality but shape, color, visually it's just different and not in a good way. Hope for World Cup they do something. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I noticed it too a couple of days ago. In general every pre season and now on Copa when I watch, American fields look kinda different. Is it because NFL? Not even speaking about quality but shape, color, visually it's just different and not in a good way. Hope for World Cup they do something. 

yup they are NFL fields, which are narrower.. still within the thresholds, but not really what the players are used to.

Apparently they replaced all synthetic turf before the comp as well w/ real grass.

THE 2024 FIFA FUTSAL WORLD CUP

[UZBEKISTAN from Saturday 14 Sept – Sunday 6 Oct 2024]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_FIFA_Futsal_World_Cup

The 2024 FIFA Futsal World Cup will be the tenth edition of the FIFA Futsal World Cup, the quadrennial international futsal championship contested by the men's national teams of the member associations of FIFA.

The tournament will be held in Uzbekistan. It will be the first FIFA tournament ever hosted by Uzbekistan, the first FIFA tournament to be ever hosted in Central Asia. 

Host country : Uzbekistan

Dates 14 September – 6 October 2024

Teams : 24 (from 6 confederations)

Venues : 3 (in 3 host cities)

Edited by KEVINAA

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Big loss for USA. With Uruguay next they could get eliminated already in group stage. 

They have no business in the knockout stages of Copa America until they can consistently beat the likes of Panama. The same applies to Mexico, who are really a tier 3 team just like the US.