Bruma wants more first team involvement

Madmax

'It's crucial to get regular first team action if you want to play for Holland's senior side. However, I've only made six first team appearances for Chelsea so far,' he said.'The national team coach has told me that I need to get more playing time and this has made me think about my direct future. I will evaluate my situation with Chelsea before Christmas and it's possibly better for my development to be farmed out on loan.

'I've played with the reserves for two full years now and I feel like I'm ready to play for the first team on a weekly basis,' he went on. 'I do realise that I still need to improve certain areas of my game though.They've told me that my time will come though and that I should be patient. That's probably the best thing to do.

Source - VitalChelsea

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Bruma isn't thinking he should be starting week in week out. He will get his chances and he needs to take those chances. The club will decide if he should go on loan, if he does it is vital he goes somewhere that is right for his development. The way things have gone at Chelsea a loan move would seem like a backwards step but that isn't the case, a loan could be vital especially for a young defender.

He is also not old enough for the Dutch national team, will need to wait couple of years.

If he was good enough they would ask him to join them. Now he plays for Netherlands u21, they lost today 3-1 from Ukraine u21. The Dutch defense didn't look good. Bruma is just not good enough yet for Chelsea and the Netherlands, there a still a lot things to improve. And enough time to learn.

Who will then play CB if he leaves and Terry, Alex or Ivanovič are missing ?? Ivanovič is also a back up RB so if he has to play there and Alex or Terry are injured we could be in a lot of trouble. I still regret that we sold Carvalho and loan Mancienne ... Bruma is a very good young defender, but he is still very very young and defenders are at their best around 26-32 so he has a lot of time to learn and become a good CB. If he really wants to play we should loan him but we would need a back up CB like Mexes or someone like that.

He can go out on loan only if we bring in some more players in January I say.

meh.

dont know whats the point of loaning him and bringing another player in. might as well sell him cause his chance with us been thrown outta window.