Vitesse Arnhem linked with Abramovich

Vincent

Yesterday Vitesse Arnhem is taken over by a man from Georgia named Merab Jordania, atleast thats what the websites says. It also said that Abramovic and Merab where spotted together in Amsterdam. Now, today, there is an article that says not Merab but Abramovich is gonna take over Vitesse Arnhem.

What is your opinion about this whole thing? Will it be true?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Goal.com is banned, but Goal have clearly taken this story from another site and there are direct quotes so it is clearly reliable so I am posting it.

Merab Jordania, the former president of the Georgian Football Federation, has taken over Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem, making them the first Dutch Eredivisie club to endorse foreign ownership.

The Georgian businessman had talks about taking over Dutch side AZ and Belgian club KV Mechelen but eventually chose Vitesse.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Jordania expressed his ambition with his new club and said: "This is the place where I can reach my goals. Both Vitesse and myself will go into a new era. I can tell you that the coach won't be replaced.

"But yes, we need new players. They may come everywhere. Give me two days, then I will give you names of new players. I will put as much money in as neccesary. Everything is possible. By the way, I want to clear up that Roman Abramovich is not involved in this deal, although he is a friend of mine."

Former president Maastbert Schouten was also present at the media briefing and said: "He [Jordania] is scanned completely, also by the Dutch federation. They allowed us to make this deal. This is unique in Dutch football history. Never before has a club been taken over by a foreign owner. The most important thing is that our club identity keeps the same."

The financial details of the deal have not been released. Vitesse have started the new season with a win and a defeat in two league fixtures.

Source: Goal

Seems rather interesting this piece of news. I wonder if Abramovich is linking Vitesse Arnhem with us as a feeder club or something, just like we have with PSV. I assume PSV are still one of our feeder clubs, considering they held on to the likes of Alex and Alcides when they couldn't aquire work permits.

Would be a good idea, we could loan them a player or two, Matic for example.

Something like that would be a good idea, but Vitesse aren't that much of a big club in Holland I don't think. I'd rather we keep Matic, I think he's a great prospect in our side, plus a fact it's silly to loan everyone out after it was said that we'd focus more on our youth development. Cork and Bertrand have already made pointless loan moves to the Championship, and Sinclair has moved permanently to Swansea.

Yeah good shout, and our squad is smaller than last year so I dont see many more loan deals being done, but will Matic get games now we have Ramires, and Essien is back, as well as Benayoun (more of an attacking midfielder though).

Will keep an eye on this story though.

Dutch news says Abramovich is owner for 100% of Vitesse Arnhem so the first called name and the person that is presented as new owner Merab Jordania will not be the real owner.

Im very curious to see what is gonna happen those days, I'll keep ya'll updated.

It looks like Gio Chanturia is going to join Vitesse, he is Barca's youngster and Chelsea was interested in him. There could be some truth in those rumours that Chelsea may be connected with Vitesse.

It looks like Gio Chanturia is going to join Vitesse, he is Barca's youngster and Chelsea was interested in him. There could be some truth in those rumours that Chelsea may be connected with Vitesse.

The word was Chelsea had 100% definitely signed him. Perhaps this is the first loan move of many!

Who's this Dude ?! I've never heard about him before.