Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the first half, and I have to say, even though we're 1-0 up we are by no means the team that are likely to get goals goals goals. Wigan are matching us with every pass we're making, particularly in midfield. The likes of Essien and Lampard can't function properly as a unit, and we're getting too suckered into making poor passes. Also, Flo and Ash down the left side about once or twice have got exposed by Ronnie Stam a few times (I rate Stam, he's a pretty good right back for Wigan). He caused a lot of problems.

I hope Chelsea can perform better in the second half, because as .sum41 said earlier, this is reminding me a lot of our pre-season games, our defence at times is very shaky. I remember Ivanovic getting put under pressure at the beginning of the first half. The good thing is, that Cech's in goal, because if it was Hilario or Turnbull between the sticks, I'd predcit the score to be 2-1 Wigan at this stage.

Am I the only one happy with that performance? A few loose passes but we've been solid. It was obvious Wigan were going to come at us, and with that, have a lot of possession. Good defensive performance and we've looked sharp up front since scoring.

Nah. I'm happy too. Always thought this was going to be tough. They had possession early on but didn't do anything with it. We grabbed the goal with the first real chance and since then it's been all Chelsea. Hoping for a second now to kill this off and get 3 more pts in the bag.

lazy so-and-so ...still its the weekend

yes, I fully admit I'm being lazy, but by my husband's request for me to take it easy because I threw my back out so I can barely move :( so I have perfect excuse to sit in my recliner and watch the lads play... okay so I'd be doing that anyway!!

Mornin BC! Have the girls got a game over the weekend? It's about 11pm here and I'm sad my weekend is half over :(

Good Evening :) hope your weekend has been relaxing at least!!

I am happy with the lads' performance but hope they step it up a little bit in the second half :) I missed the game last week because MacKenzie had a tournament so I want to see some goals!! emo1.gif

yes, I fully admit I'm being lazy, but by my husband's request for me to take it easy because I threw my back out so I can barely move :( so I have perfect excuse to sit in my recliner and watch the lads play... okay so I'd be doing that anyway!!

blue lion editted my post ...sorry to hear about your back ,,,you should stick to the low numbers

blue lion editted my post ...sorry to hear about your back ,,,you should stick to the low numbers

I will be pissed off if Kalou cmae on now mellow.gif

Plus one! TX would back up my claim that this is the time Kakuta should be getting at least a run-out! If it's not immediately at the beginning of the second half, he should come on after at least 70-75 minutes have passed, or when Chelsea are at least 3-0 up.

Plus one! TX would back up my claim that this is the time Kakuta should be getting at least a run-out! If it's not immediately at the beginning of the second half, he should come on after at least 70-75 minutes have passed, or when Chelsea are at least 3-0 up.

Kakuta is injured.

of course bring kakuta on when he is injured and not on the bench