The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I like my BBQ bloody... very raw in the inside. No medium rare, let alone well done... and I don't like electric grills, I like the ones in the backyard that you need charcoal :P but not charcoal'ed meat :P

Unfortunately our BBQ only knows how to incinerate our food.

We cooked a lovely piece of Trout, almost become inedible because the skin had become infused with the tinfoil - we had to scrape it out just to put it on the plate.

Unfortunately are BBQ only knows how to incinerate our food.

We cooked a lovely piece of Trout, almost become inedible because the skin had become infused with the tinfoil - we had to scrape it out just to put it on the plate.

that sucks :(

that's how we do it in Brazil:

churrasco-brasileiro-2_2266000.jpg

I have one of those in my house:

imgsmlbf455860571056mm9.jpg

they're the best thing men invented ;)

But I like my meat bloody...

edit:

pics you find while google'ing Brazilian BBQ:

churrasco_sabado.jpg

Unfortunately our BBQ only knows how to incinerate our food.

Ooow ... Man.

1. Too close.

2. If its trout use tin foil, make a wrap (papilotte). Add some white whine, onions, parsley, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, ... some chili if you like. After 10-15 min. Take it off and serve ?

3. If its jst a grill..... There is a couple of rules (: what you put on must shine. Use oil. Mingled with herbs. Use a brush to rub it on beforehand. If it starts to burn. Take it off ! No burn. Just heat.

Enjoy.

I woke up this morning sweating. That is too hot. How do people in HOT countries deal with that on a daily basis. Do you sleep with Fans constantly on or something?

Fans or AC. Some houses would have AC but not all. Most would use fans and have windows and doors open (depending where you live). I don't always sleep with the fan on sometimes I do then I have to get up in the middle of the night to turn it/take it off because it got too cold. My cold is probably like 27 degrees though.

Well, had to Google it. :P Seems like it's a dish from the state of Goa here which is in south(somewhat close to mumbai) and i live up north. So , yeah not really sure about it but maybe it's known with some other name here in my region! You never know, I ll have to ask my mum about it! She's a pretty big food fanatic. :D

We do lamb vindaloo here too

"An elderly reveller of Nene de Vila Matilde samba school performs during the second night of Carnival parades at the Sambadrome of Sao Paulo."

What is going on with Brazil Carnival! She looks like the walking dead......

Serious spoiler here. Don't click unless you have soap to wash our your eyes afterwards

o-RIO-CARNIVAL-570.jpg?1

what can I say? I love your country's food! But the grape roll was too heavy and I couldn't eat the three. So I just ate one :P but the cabbage roll OMG!!!!! I'm calling my mother later today and blackmailing her! I'll only go there on Tuesday if she does it for me. Tons of it!!!!

I don't think I'd have a chance to find the Markook bread you're talking about, but I guess my mother is traveling to Israel again later this year and she might go to some arabic countries... so maybe she can bring some for me :P

I actually think that you might be able to find some in the market. They looks something like this:

Markouk-Middle-Eastern-Style-Thin-Bread.markouk-sm-347x312.jpg

But it's just not the same as the ones old women make in villages right in front of you:

markouk.jpg

And I'm not even sure if they make them out side of Lebanon ( ?), so you'll just have to come visit me in Lebanon if you want to taste them! :D

Lol !!! Come to mine then. I have fun things :-)

Beware! This is how Stingray lures all the kids to his backyard. :Goober:

Yeah but they're a lot thinner (made with a completely different recipe) and can only be baked on this:

That cooking process looks scary

Or a belgian speciality (bit like waffles - so no bread. More like cake) called pannekoeken? Believe me. This we do GOOD :-)

This looks yummy. What do you usually eat it with?

It's very interesting how cuisine is different yet so similar among different countries.

That cooking process looks scary

This looks yummy. What do you usually eat it with?

It's very interesting how cuisine is different yet so similar among different countries.

We eat it like that or with a bit of vanilla icream, more sugar, pure chocolate ..... Or pure. It is mostly a dessert or a single 'inbetweener'.

Or a belgian speciality (bit like waffles - so no bread. More like cake) called pannekoeken? Believe me. This we do GOOD :-)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

post-6387-0-16839900-1373829494_thumb.jpattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've actually heard of those (never tasted them, though). Markouk is actually salty, not sweet.

Habib's? :D

yep

Although their tabbouleh isn't that bad. but their esfihas or whatever that is called in English are TERRIBLE

The cabbage roll was amazing!

rewatching Brazil x Spain on youtube until my Brazilian side match starts :D

Too bad the guy who uploaded it used the most terrible commentator EVER!