An attacking Essien!

Wilson

I really hope we can play Essien in more attacking roles despite the fact hrs probably one of the best defensive midfielders in the world! But he's just as good as attacking really. With Ballack gone and Ramires hopefuly coming and Mikel, I hope they could take on the defensive midfield role. Plus Mikel will get more games to improve which he needs (no disrespect to Mikel). But I miss Essien the Beast! His goals are always screamers and I'd love to see more this season from him, and rest of his future with us because he can and deserves amazing seasons with us.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont you think Ramires is coming ?!!? Wilkins himself said hes expecting him by the end of this week or next !!! I expect Ess to be deployed as a DM and Ramires as RCM in our line-up.. Probably they ll exchange their roles depending on the situations.

Guest THE BEAST

why play the best defensive midfielder in the world any position other than defensive midfielder !!!!!!!!!

i think the best option will be him and ramires both as DMs and when one of them goes forward the other should cover for him .

amires is coming, i think it's the fact he is included in the Brazil team which is delaying the final stages of the transfer. Might also be awaiting the response for the work permit, which i am sure he will get (especially with Hernandes going to Man Ure). And an attacking Essien would be a beautiful thing to see with Lampard also going forward, it all equals more goals.

amires is coming, i think it's the fact he is included in the Brazil team which is delaying the final stages of the transfer. Might also be awaiting the response for the work permit, which i am sure he will get (especially with Hernandes going to Man Ure). And an attacking Essien would be a beautiful thing to see with Lampard also going forward, it all equals more goals.

I totally Agree The only reason I think He isnt already training at Cobham is because of the bloody friendly lol, But loosing to United last week has left me pritty bitter I just cant wait to have Essien, Ramires and Lampard in the same midfield and then lets Take it to United!

Midfield is certainly where we need to look at rebuilding considering the players we have lost. Having Essien back is a huge boost and to have a squad with Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Ramiers, Benayoun, Matic, Kakuta, McEachran would be a good way to start to the season. Would be een better if the Ozil roumers are true and we add him into the mix.

@ Esk - Where do you think Ozil would fit in our formation? Definitely not the RCM? He is someone who plays in the hole with no tracking back responsibilities. If he is played in the RCM, we would be a defensive mess. Nothing against the player, in fact hes superb !! But to get the best out of him, we would have to play 4-2-3-1 with Ess n Ramires the CMs.

@ Esk - Where do you think Ozil would fit in our formation? Definitely not the RCM? He is someone who plays in the hole with no tracking back responsibilities. If he is played in the RCM, we would be a defensive mess. Nothing against the player, in fact hes superb !! But to get the best out of him, we would have to play 4-2-3-1 with Ess n Ramires the CMs.

Or maybe the diamond, which would make me go shoot.gif

A number of ways we could play Ozil, obviously the diamond is one of them. As the playmaker in a 4-3-3 or behind the forward in a 4-2-3-1

............................................Essien....................................................

................Ramires..............................Lampard..............................

.............................................Ozil.........................................................

or

............................................Essien....................................................

.............................................................Lampard...............................

.............................Ozil.........................................................................

or

.............................Essien.....................Lampard..............................

..............................................Ozil.........................................................

Well buying Ramires and Ozil would really look like going into diamond. Which is loved by Ancelotti so I want be suprised if we end up with Ozil and switch to 4-diamond-2. But tbh with players like Ozil, Ramires, Lampard, Essien I'd like to try if diamond worked this time.

Hmmm...I don't really like the thought of the diamond...

If we switch the 4-3-3 for the diamond, that's mean we gonna put Malouda on the bench, doesn't it ? And I can't see our last year's best player on the bench... And I can't imagine Lampard at this position... I mean at least for this year. But I can be wrong.

On the other side, when Lampard and Malouda will no longer good enough, why not try the diamond ? But not by now.

Hmmm...I don't really like the thought of the diamond...

If we switch the 4-3-3 for the diamond, that's mean we gonna put Malouda on the bench, doesn't it ? And I can't see our last year's best player on the bench... And I can't imagine Lampard at this position... I mean at least for this year. But I can be wrong.

On the other side, when Lampard and Malouda will no longer good enough, why not try the diamond ? But not by now.

Malouda can play behind the striker.

Malouda can play behind the striker.

You mean somthing like that ? :

............................................Essien.....................................................

..........................Ramires......................Lampard................................

.............................................Ozil.........................................................

.......................................................Malouda........................................

.......................................Drogba..........................................................