Roman, new proud owner of the New Jersey Nets. How does this effect us?

Living in the U.S, you will see this news all over ESPN all day long. Roman is the new proud owner of the NBA's New Jersey Nets. A team that has just faced one of the most devastating seasons in the clubs history, however, Roman is here to clean up. It is being wildly reported that Roman is raiding the NBA for some of its most precious players, a few of the names being thrown around include Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh. James is recognized as the next Michael Jordan and got payed $90million in a NIKE sponsorship deal before ever even stepping foot on a professional basketball court, and Wade will definitely not come cheap (think of it as James = Ronaldo, Wade=Fabergas). In other words, Roman will be pouring a whole lot of cash into his new shiny toy. I believe this is why we are balancing our books and shipping off un-needed weight. Dont expect us to sign any marquee players, cashflow will be going into his new basketball team (and god damn do they need it. BADLEY!)

Edited by SevenXI

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Kenyon is to be believed, he left us close to being in a sustainable position financially. So I don't think we're too far away at operating at a profit and being able to take care of ourselves.

Roman wants us to achieve self sufficiency for the same reason any sane businessman would,he doesn't like his business making losses.

Seeing how this will affect our club will be interesting but I'm keeping my hopes up.