Ramires

Sounds like its a done deal...

http://twitter.com/planetbenfica

"Ramires will fly to London tomorrow and have his medical tests with Chelsea."

Good news that. Desperately need bodies in midfield. If we could get a really good creative player, we'd be set.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti also admitted a possibility that Brazilian midfielder Ramires could be heading to Stamford Bridge, though a deal with his club Benfica remains some way off.

'I don't know, I will speak about Ramires when Ramires will be a Chelsea player,' the manager said after Tuesday's training session. 'Until now he is not a Chelsea player, we hope, but until now nothing is decided.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2109755,00.html

-from Chelsea daft-

Carlo Ancelotti has now spoken out after rumours and speculation has increased today that Chelsea are on the verge of signing Ramires.

He said:

"I don't know, I will speak about Ramires when Ramires will be a Chelsea player, Until now he is not a Chelsea player, we hope, but until now nothing is decided.
"

I cant believe the negativety I've seen on this thread, we are about to buy a Brazilian first team player and we are about to do it without spending Man City levels of money.

As unpopular as this opinion may seem I wanted the signing of a quick holding midfielder(a description with Ramires fits perfectly) far more than I wanted Aguero, Neymar or Torres. imo this is the perfect signing. Last season our midfield looked so slow at times, never more so than over two legs against Inter. Our defensive record last season was also not as impressive as it has been in previous years, I think Ramires will go a long way to improving those problems, the lad has great energy and stamina, very good on the ball and a tremendous reading of the game.

Matic will still get chances but Ramires was not signed to add "squad depth" he is sure to be the starting holidng midfield player. In Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Lampard and to a certain degree Kalou we already have a lot of attacking talent in our side, in Kakuta we have a player who in years to come will be the creative linchpin of the side. Thats not to mention that if Ramires joins it frees up Essien to go and attack more. I dont think we need an Ozil.

To be honest before last years Confederations Cup I had never seen him play so when I saw him in the starting line up I was amazed Dunga chose this unknown lad over the likes of Pato or Ronaldinho to start wide right. By the end of the tournament I understood why, he was tremendous, he knew his role and he played it to perfection. This Summer even with his limited gametime he still left a big mark, being singelled out by Dunga as a player Brazil desperately missed in their quater final elimination to the Netherlands.

If we can wrap this deal up then it will be the signing we should have made after Makelele left because until Ramires puts on the Chelsea jersey, I dont think we ever adequately replaced him.

i rate him very high and think he can be a great player for a long time. if anyone saw how he performed in the world cup then u know that he brings pace, energy, and great defensive and good offensive talents to the team. i dont know why a lot of you dont want him or think we dont need him. our midfield was really slow last year in a lot of games. he or essien could play defensive mid or mikel (who i rate very highly) and that will free up space for everyone else.

he will fit perfectly in to our formations, the christmas tree or the diamond. in the diamond he could play RM or DM and in the christmas tree he could do the same. he will give us flexibility in our midfield and we could rotate it some. with all of our competitions we are going to need to do it.

i really hope we get him and very confident that we will

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You