Hamburg vs Chelsea

Im afraid that our team is not good enough to retain the Premier League this season or even reach the final of Champions League. Hope Im wrong.

Overreacting much?

We've conceded 7 goals in the pre season, 4 of which were mistakes by goalkeepers who probably won't play much this season. Another was conceded whilst playing a defence of 15 year old Chalobah, 17 year old Rohan Ince, Jeffrey Bruma and PvA.

Two of the four games were pretty much made up of Chelsea reserve team players. Drogba has had 45 minutes in pre season, Cech 30, Carvalho 70, Benayoun 70, Alex 70, Lampard 100, A.Cole 100 etc etc. That's far more worrying than the results, the lack of minutes in players legs.

We didn't actually play too badly tonight. Just two silly mistakes at the end. Anelka's goal should have stood and at 2-0 we'd have probably killed the game off.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to stay positive. After all, this is only pre-season, and if anyone is feeling nervous, Manchester City have had a shit pre-season as well, they lost 3-1 today against Dortmund, so we shouldn't worry too much, we need to trust in king Carlo!

KTBFFH!!!

Edited by CJ Revo

And at times last year we didnt have the best defence...and still won the double.Just need to see what went wrong etc and get it right if possible sunday but more imporantly for next week.And like said no one really have had a great pre season.And its what pre seasons there for etc,

today was a verry verry bad day..

chelsea london lost the friendly game vs hamburg..

dinamo zagreb lost the champions league qualification game vs sheriff 6-7 after penalties..

Edited by Tommy10

Despite the poor pre season we are rightly regarded as favourites going into the new season and we should look at the positives such as the likes of Kakuta, Matic and Bruma potentially getting more game time next season, that Benayoun appears to have fitted in well, that there are practically none to very few injury concerns going into the new season and now with the news that a fee has been agreed for Ramires and that transfer is imminent I think we have every reason to be optimistic.

Van der Vaart would be a great buy but he wants to stay in Madrid.

I'd prefer a experienced AM (25-28 years) so McEachran could take his spot after a few years. But then again, Özil is very cheap because of his contract ending in next year.So if he did want to come, Chelsea would be foolish not get him.

Ozil in Chelsea would be perfect. He played very well in the World Cup and like you said, wouldn't be expensive. However, there are several teams with the same objective. I read that he already has a verbal agreement with Real Madrid.

By the way, how Chelsea played at second half?

fixe.gif

Well it has been a very dissapointing pre season thats for sure. But there are verygood reasons for that. The first half was a very good Chelsea performance, good passing and controlled possesion, not much in the way of chances but that will come. Nico's goal should have stood which was a shame but i think this was a much improved game and a lot to be positive about going into the Man Utd game. We have faced some tough teams this pre season, Ajax, Frankfurt and Hamburg have all given us tough challenges. The games have been physical and intense and that will stand us in good stead eventually in time, whereas Man U have gone and played a team made up of players from the league of ireland and thumped them. I am sure a lot of people would rather beat a team of no-marks by 7 goals but for pre season preparation i am much happier with the game we played last night, it was a real challenge for us and for the most part we did very well.

I am sure because we lost 3 pre season games there will be a lot of clamouring for a dozen new players to come in, but with Ramires on the brink and probably 1 more signing i think we are looking at a very good squad of players to into the season with. Thankfully we have a few easier games to start the season which will help our players get momentum for the bigger games to come.

goalkeeper: turnbull

defense: ferreira (bruma 67) - ivanovic (carvalho 53) - terry - cole (zhirkov 61)

midfield: essien - mikel - lampard (benayoun 61)

attack: kalou (drogba45) - anelka (kakuta 67) - malouda

yeah my africans essien & didier are back after injuries.. but damn i miss my portugal magico deco!!

Edited by Tommy10

It's actually quite worrying, i know its only pre season but we really tried to win yesterday and we put a strong team out. We went into challenges hard and it didn't really seem like a friendly to me. The defence and the goalkeeping for the 3rd game in a row was absolutely awful and altho its pre season, the players looked quite pissed off to me coming off at the end of each game.

I miss us winning 7-0 like what the mancs are doing, altho against shit, it gets em in a goiod frame of mind going into the community shield. We look a bit weak and tbh we dont look very good.

Hopefully its a blessing in disguise and they are good things for pre season to make sure we keep focus.