Our club lacks in keeping fans in the loop

We never get any official news directly from the club, its very frustrating. ManU's official forum receives information, clues, and behind the scene stories that happen within the club. Our club never disputes links with players, directly explains why the let players go, or what they have in store for the clubs future. It's easier braking into Forte Knox than getting information out of our club. Keep us in the loop Chelsea, enough of this nonsense! And you can start by telling us why Stoch was sold, why we let go of Ballack, if we are actually pursuing Aguero this window, and if Torres is actually a prospect signing. Its infuriating that we have all this speculation regarding all these topics, but nothing is actually OFFICIAL!

Edited by SevenXI

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it would be wise to discuss transfer targets but explainations of loan and transfers out could be given

But if we are no longer pursuing certain players, why not come right out and just say it? There is still no official statement by the club that we are no longer trying to sign Ribery.

I don't think the club should leak speculation to the fans and come out and say were not after a certain player. It would just fuel other media speculation and the club would be denying a story every hour. It would be very unprofessional. It's fine as it is, we have no need to no. Just pure curiosity.

Exactly.. there should be no explanation for y we are or we are not pursuing a player !!! Most of the time clubs use speculation as smokescreens for their actual targets.. And giving explanations for player departures could be fatal too.. the club saying one thing and if the player comes out and says something totally different, it would be bad PR... so i understand wer the club is coming from..

• 2 weeks later...

the club that i have supported since 1980 and had long accepted would never become champions of England in my lifetime..has been champions of England 3 times out of the last 6 seasons...i`ve no complaints to give on how our club is presently run.

But if we are no longer pursuing certain players, why not come right out and just say it? There is still no official statement by the club that we are no longer trying to sign Ribery.

This is a non-issue in my mind. The club has done enough for me the last few seasons that they don't need to give me, or the other fans an official reason as to why they released a certain player, or who they are targeting. It is time wasted in my opinion. And if Chelsea we're to come out and issue an official statement on players we are no longer pursuing there would probably be 10 new press releases on a daily basis. Clubs poke and prod at potential transfer targets all the time, and the names are endless. I'd rather our targets kept secret and in house, so a team like City can't get any ideas and throw a ridiculous amount of money at someone we desperately want.

There has to be some privacy regarding transfer and contract issues, the club can't tell the fans exactly what is going on all the time,transfer deals are complicated and often would collapse if it woas made public or let other clubs put a bid in too. Plus specualtion goes on daily, they would be speaking out denying rumours all the time. We just have to put trust in the club to do things right